Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Reloading Club Eastbay

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XDJYo
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2012
    • 7093

    Originally posted by tonyjr
    Unofficial East Bay Reloading Club Garage Sale/Swap! = when and where ?

    Primarily face to face, but it can become a little more formal if there's enough interest.

    Originally posted by skosh69
    You just gave me a great idea on how to clear up some space and get rid of some things I'm not using anymore.



    Thanks brother.



    I'll get something posted by this weekend.

    Glad to! Hope to get a little more interest here! Maybe even get a real meet up organized.
    Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
    Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
    Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
    M&P 15 (Mine)

    Comment

    • Red9
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2014
      • 2900

      Originally posted by tonyjr
      Unofficial East Bay Reloading Club Garage Sale/Swap! = when and where ?
      Lol we can all meet at in and out parking lot?

      Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
      Never enough reloading stuff

      Comment

      • Red9
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2014
        • 2900

        I have some brass to trade. 9, 40, 38. 45, 223. Looking for .357 to trade?


        Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
        Never enough reloading stuff

        Comment

        • divingin
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2015
          • 2522

          Originally posted by XDJYo
          And, don't let the nay Sayers deter you from getting a progressive as your first press. As long as you're methodical and understand what you're doing, you'll be fine.
          All about the process. Understand what needs to be done to a fired piece of brass to get it ready to chamber and shoot safely, and bounce that off each process in your reloading cycle.

          My first press was a Dillon 550 (lots of years ago.) After a couple decade hiatus, I'm using a Hornady AP. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either (or other progressives) to someone starting out in reloading as long as you first do the above mentioned learning.

          Comment

          • drutledge79
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2009
            • 705

            Wow, guys, I remember when this thread started and I thought "what a great idea!" 4 years later and I haven't reloaded in probably 3 :-/ Kid. Work. Etc.

            I'm looking to simplify my life but I'd still be down to join y'all if you do another get-together. In the mean time I just made an inventory of my stuff and I plan to put it up for sale. Perhaps if someone here is interested we can just PM and work it out directly. I live in Oakland.

            What I want:
            - simple single-stage press to reload for hunting rifles (.270/30-06)
            - any dies/components for above

            What I'm getting rid of:
            - Hornady Lock-n-Load progressive press. Maybe 1000rd ever gone through it.
            - Only shell-holders I have now are 40cal/10mm and 7.62x54R.
            - Misc primers I probably won't use (eg small pistol, sm. rifle)
            - bullets I won't use (110gr .277" aka good 6.8SPC rounds); 750ct .40cal
            - cases of once-fired brass I got and never used (.40/45/9mm/556)
            - 6.8SPC loaded ammo (57rds; Barnes 95gr TTSX good for hunting in condor zone)
            - dies: 762x54r (used, Lee): .40cal new Redding
            - misc powders I won't need

            I'll make someone a good deal on all this stuff. I mostly want it gone as I have neither the room or time to dedicate to this hobby anymore. I'll just keep enough around to keep me into hunting ammo and to quell the urge to reload...

            (attached a shot of my notes from the inventory -- forgive the crappy hand-writing I wasn't planning on sharing it)

            Comment

            • Red9
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2014
              • 2900

              Originally posted by drutledge79
              Wow, guys, I remember when this thread started and I thought "what a great idea!" 4 years later and I haven't reloaded in probably 3 :-/ Kid. Work. Etc.

              I'm looking to simplify my life but I'd still be down to join y'all if you do another get-together. In the mean time I just made an inventory of my stuff and I plan to put it up for sale. Perhaps if someone here is interested we can just PM and work it out directly. I live in Oakland.

              What I want:
              - simple single-stage press to reload for hunting rifles (.270/30-06)
              - any dies/components for above

              What I'm getting rid of:
              - Hornady Lock-n-Load progressive press. Maybe 1000rd ever gone through it.
              - Only shell-holders I have now are 40cal/10mm and 7.62x54R.
              - Misc primers I probably won't use (eg small pistol, sm. rifle)
              - bullets I won't use (110gr .277" aka good 6.8SPC rounds); 750ct .40cal
              - cases of once-fired brass I got and never used (.40/45/9mm/556)
              - 6.8SPC loaded ammo (57rds; Barnes 95gr TTSX good for hunting in condor zone)
              - dies: 762x54r (used, Lee): .40cal new Redding
              - misc powders I won't need

              I'll make someone a good deal on all this stuff. I mostly want it gone as I have neither the room or time to dedicate to this hobby anymore. I'll just keep enough around to keep me into hunting ammo and to quell the urge to reload...

              (attached a shot of my notes from the inventory -- forgive the crappy hand-writing I wasn't planning on sharing it)

              Pm sent.

              Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
              Never enough reloading stuff

              Comment

              • drutledge79
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 705

                @dkonrai I didn't receive a PM...

                Comment

                • Red9
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2014
                  • 2900

                  Originally posted by drutledge79
                  @dkonrai I didn't receive a PM...
                  Ok sent it again

                  Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
                  Never enough reloading stuff

                  Comment

                  • Red9
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2014
                    • 2900

                    Originally posted by drutledge79
                    @dkonrai I didn't receive a PM...
                    Check your inbox. Thanks

                    Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk
                    Never enough reloading stuff

                    Comment

                    • Cincinnatus
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 704

                      Guys....

                      Let's put something together finally....

                      I may have a large indoor area in San Leandro that we might be able to use to meet, greet, problem-solve, etc.

                      You bring your gear & materials and we'll hone techniques, share advice, and kibbitz.

                      No entry fee and maybe the opportunity for a swapmeet.
                      Active Army 1976-1986, Army Reserve 2005-2015, Afghanistan 2010-2011
                      http://www.thepolemicist.net/2013/01...t-for-gun.html
                      https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

                      Comment

                      • XDJYo
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2012
                        • 7093

                        Originally posted by Cincinnatus
                        Guys....

                        Let's put something together finally....

                        I may have a large indoor area in San Leandro that we might be able to use to meet, greet, problem-solve, etc.

                        You bring your gear & materials and we'll hone techniques, share advice, and kibbitz.

                        No entry fee and maybe the opportunity for a swapmeet.


                        Sounds good!!! Depends on date/time but, I'll share what I know and I have a handful of misc items for a swap meet.

                        Let's even think about food drinks? We'll save the alcohol til later cuz safety around things that explode.
                        Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
                        Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
                        Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
                        M&P 15 (Mine)

                        Comment

                        • rothbardian
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • 57

                          How about Sunday, 8/27 at 1 PM?

                          Comment

                          • tonyjr
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2015
                            • 1448

                            Hopefully there will be another - I go to Mexico that week , maybeI can catch next one .
                            life member - CRPA and NRA
                            All ways listen - after you can say I new that

                            Comment

                            • drutledge79
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2009
                              • 705

                              Originally posted by rothbardian
                              How about Sunday, 8/27 at 1 PM?
                              I'd come to that. Especially in San Leandro as that's pretty close to me.

                              Comment

                              • jessdigs
                                Member
                                • Dec 2011
                                • 472

                                I will try to make it if it happens. I have been spending all of my time in the foothills, and my press is in placerville, but I can try to come.

                                Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1