Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Reloading Club Eastbay

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jimboecv
    Member
    • May 2016
    • 106

    I have a question. Do any of you or do you know of any drawings for building a bench? I'm no woodworker so nothing fancy, just stout and practical. I've found a couple but I'm hoping to get it right the first time and want to consider different options.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • jessdigs
      Member
      • Dec 2011
      • 472

      Originally posted by XDJYo
      I'm not holding my breath for USI to reopen. I may retire before USI reopens!

      That's very generous of you Jessdigs! I hope I can attend. I'm still a newbie to the reloading game and would love to get more experienced voices.
      I'm definitely no expert. I have loaded a lot in the short time I have been doing it, but I still have a lot to learn as well. I was shown how to cast by another club member at the last meeting at my house, and since then I have added a PID to my bottom pour lead furnace and that has really helped with consistency. I taught myself to powder coat bullets, and I like it better then liquid Alox. I have not tried tumble lubing or a lubrisizer.
      The casting and powder coating makes really, really cheap ammo for plinking, and it's fun.
      Originally posted by Jimboecv
      I have a question. Do any of you or do you know of any drawings for building a bench? I'm no woodworker so nothing fancy, just stout and practical. I've found a couple but I'm hoping to get it right the first time and want to consider different options.

      Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      I bought the harbour freight workbench and it's working out great. Can't beat it for the price. I think it was a little over $100 with the coupon.

      Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • Darklyte27
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2008
        • 9372

        Originally posted by XDJYo
        Doesn't USI sell powder or did they stop?
        USI still sells, I went there 2 weeks ago and they didnt have any I wanted. I called again today and someone had an order, I asked to order some H4350 too, 8lbs and put my name down. Well see how long it takes!
        2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

        Chickens

        Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

        Comment

        • Darklyte27
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2008
          • 9372

          Originally posted by Jimboecv
          I have a question. Do any of you or do you know of any drawings for building a bench? I'm no woodworker so nothing fancy, just stout and practical. I've found a couple but I'm hoping to get it right the first time and want to consider different options.

          Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
          2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

          Chickens

          Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

          Comment

          • Jimboecv
            Member
            • May 2016
            • 106

            Originally posted by jessdigs
            I'm definitely no expert. I have loaded a lot in the short time I have been doing it, but I still have a lot to learn as well. I was shown how to cast by another club member at the last meeting at my house, and since then I have added a PID to my bottom pour lead furnace and that has really helped with consistency. I taught myself to powder coat bullets, and I like it better then liquid Alox. I have not tried tumble lubing or a lubrisizer.
            The casting and powder coating makes really, really cheap ammo for plinking, and it's fun.

            I bought the harbour freight workbench and it's working out great. Can't beat it for the price. I think it was a little over $100 with the coupon.

            Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
            Solid - thank you. I'll check it out.

            Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • Jimboecv
              Member
              • May 2016
              • 106

              Excellent...

              Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • XDJYo
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2012
                • 7100

                I found a used dresser as my reloading bench. Actually, I started off with that and glued/screwed a 1/2" ply top to the top of the dresser and reinforced it beneath with 2x4's. All of the wood was spare wood we had lying around. Just needed to buy wood glue. It came out REALLY sturdy. Barely moves. I also used a 2x4 to anchor it into place against the wall in my garage and another supporting right below the press. It's not pretty, but my Dillon doesn't move at all. It was a fun day for the wife and I in the garage.
                Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
                Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
                Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
                M&P 15 (Mine)

                Comment

                • Sputnik
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2011
                  • 2240

                  Originally posted by Darklyte27
                  No powder anyone? Just looking for a pound or two. Does richmond gun club sell powder?
                  Not sure how much you're looking to buy but Brownells is having a one cent hazmat plus free shipping deal on orders over $150. Code is M2L.

                  ETA I should have said "not sure how much other stuff (primers, etc.) you want to buy"...some times I come back to my posts and I think an idiot wrote them
                  Last edited by Sputnik; 01-10-2018, 11:55 PM.

                  Comment

                  • BusBoy
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 677

                    Originally posted by XDJYo
                    I'm not holding my breath for USI to reopen. I may retire before USI reopens!
                    Late this summer is a good time to retire then
                    kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.

                    Comment

                    • XDJYo
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2012
                      • 7100

                      Originally posted by BusBoy
                      Late this summer is a good time to retire then
                      Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
                      Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
                      Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
                      M&P 15 (Mine)

                      Comment

                      • jessdigs
                        Member
                        • Dec 2011
                        • 472

                        I really hope so

                        Comment

                        • Sputnik
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2011
                          • 2240

                          Originally posted by BusBoy
                          Late this summer is a good time to retire then
                          That would be great! Fingers are crossed.

                          Comment

                          • XDJYo
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Apr 2012
                            • 7100

                            Originally posted by BusBoy
                            Late this summer is a good time to retire then
                            You haven't seen my 401k have you? Bwahahaha!
                            Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
                            Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
                            Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
                            M&P 15 (Mine)

                            Comment

                            • BusBoy
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 677

                              And we've started reloading courses and will begin more social gatherings for reloading in the moths to come. The first shotshell course wrapped up last weekend.
                              kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.

                              Comment

                              • XDJYo
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Apr 2012
                                • 7100

                                Originally posted by BusBoy
                                And we've started reloading courses and will begin more social gatherings for reloading in the moths to come. The first shotshell course wrapped up last weekend.
                                Seriously? Is this at USI or is this part of the Diablo club or ? I'd definitely like to attend a class or meet up or whatever it is that you all do.
                                Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
                                Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
                                Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
                                M&P 15 (Mine)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1