Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Brass Wizard

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    mike.h
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 1612

    I have one and like it for 45acp. It's also a great conversation started.
    USAF 1966-70
    SEA '69-70
    NRA Life Member

    Comment

    • #17
      biggestez
      Member
      • Jan 2012
      • 104

      I use mine on loose sand all the time. Its rocky surfaces that it will not work on.

      Comment

      • #18
        Nirrad
        Member
        • May 2009
        • 450

        I love mine - use it indoors and on dirt and it works well. Yes you have to empty it frequently, but makes pickup quick and keeps hands clean.

        Really comes in handy at the indoor range as I can grab stragglers that bounce out of the net before they get swept away by the man with the broom.

        I use a 50cal ammo can with the wire holder/opener attached on the front of the case, then just dump the whole thing into the 3 nesting pans / shell sorter.
        All the 22's and rocks drop down into the bucket and the brass is sorted, ready for the next reload.
        I ain't no rough guy, ain't no tough guy. Don't get out much, and don't dress up fly. A pawn in the game that's all I am. Givin all my duckets to Uncle Sam, ...

        Comment

        • #19
          NiteQwill
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2007
          • 6368

          I have been using one for years. Saves my back.

          Works well in all surfaces, sandy, concrete, hard-pack dirt, etc.

          The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

          Comment

          • #20
            Corky43
            Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 351

            I have a couple of them and they work great. The only problem is if you try and pick up a shotgun shell with them. If you do, the coils spread and 9mm brass starts falling through the loops.

            As long as you do not try picking up large objects with it, they work great.
            NRA Endowment Member sigpic
            Fellow Scouter and Eagle Scout Parent

            Comment

            • #21
              firebert
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2011
              • 1349

              What Size are you guys using?
              There are

              Large, Medium, Small, Extra Small, and Mini.

              I was thinking Mini but Extra Small might work? I'm mainly picking up 9mm to .308
              03FFL - NRA Life Member - GOA Member

              Comment

              • #22
                Nirrad
                Member
                • May 2009
                • 450

                Mini.

                Easier to transport a football than a basketball.
                I ain't no rough guy, ain't no tough guy. Don't get out much, and don't dress up fly. A pawn in the game that's all I am. Givin all my duckets to Uncle Sam, ...

                Comment

                • #23
                  oldgrumpy
                  Junior Member
                  • May 2009
                  • 61

                  How about your Poop Scoop from the pet supply ? $17.00 to $20.00 at Petco.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    stilly
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 10685

                    The minis are what are being marketed as working best at picking up shells.

                    Do not get the wrong impression of them, the idea is a good idea. IN some cases it can work very well, but I found that it was more of a PITA out in the wild then anywhere else. For my indoor range I use a USPS Priority small box that has been modified and reinforced and holds about 2+ lbs of shells. I squeegee them into a pile and then scoop them up with it, it is WAY faster then running anything over them. PLUS inside the ground is way smoother and scooping works best. If you have back issues, then you will find a way to make this work for you.
                    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1