Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Brass Wizard

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DLBullyz
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 627

    Brass Wizard

    Has anyone one here used it? if so how did you like it?
    thank you
  • #2
    ke6guj
    Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 23725

    it depends on what type of surface you are using it. in a sandy/loose dirt area, it will just push the brass into the sand and not pick it up. i haven't tried it on a harder surface yet.
    Jack



    Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

    No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

    Comment

    • #3
      tiller
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2011
      • 794

      Originally posted by DLBullyz
      Has anyone one here used it? if so how did you like it?
      thank you
      They suck.... They have them at sac valley.


      If you get more than 10 or 15 pieces in it the weight just pushes them all back out.... It's easier to just pick it up and save the money
      .223 & .308 brass processing

      Comment

      • #4
        M27
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 871

        Originally posted by tiller
        They suck.... They have them at sac valley.


        If you get more than 10 or 15 pieces in it the weight just pushes them all back out.... It's easier to just pick it up and save the money
        yep, I used them at sac valley and they fall out just as fast as they go in.
        I will share my opinion and my load data, BUT I am just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns. Whatever I say is probably wrong.

        Comment

        • #5
          Bumslie
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2011
          • 5358

          That's terrible to hear. I was wanting to pick one up
          NRA Life Member
          WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
          Originally posted by ivanimal
          I love you! (some Homo)
          Originally posted by ivanimal
          I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
          Originally posted by Kestryll
          OP you are an uninformed tool.
          Go Broncos!
          Go Kings Go!

          Comment

          • #6
            stilly
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2009
            • 10685

            Originally posted by DLBullyz
            Has anyone one here used it? if so how did you like it?
            thank you
            I have one because it was really a cool idea.

            PLEASE keep in mind that they were MADE for nuts and apples, NOT gun shells.

            Nuts and apples are not typically found on hills and in brush and weeds and little slopes and canyons like the shells are when they get fired. As a result, these things work BEST on flat surfaces.

            I found that when I took mine to the mountains it was going over shells, but not really picking them up. Nothing beats a kid or your own hands.

            Save your $50 unless you really do have everything in the world and do not have a nut-err brass wizard.

            BTW, this is the same device that is being sold for about $50? Yeah if so then it started as a way to pick up apples and nuts without getting stung.

            If you do a drive by then get out and use it and it is FAST to pick up shells on concrete, but in grass or sandy dirt that is uneven, it is a different story.
            7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

            Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



            And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

            Comment

            • #7
              firebert
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2011
              • 1349

              I was thinking of picking one up too. Guess I have to go back to bending over behind other shooters to pick up brass
              03FFL - NRA Life Member - GOA Member

              Comment

              • #8
                STI
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2012
                • 521

                Wow, I'm surprised by all these negative reviews. I have one and I love it. I use it at an indoor and outdoor range and it works great, much faster than a broom. I've never used it on anything but a hard surface.

                Comment

                • #9
                  3GunFunShooter
                  In Memoriam
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 2408

                  At Sac Valley they worked great on the action pistol bays, until they put that sand/roof gravel down and put the dirt against the concrete blocks. That caused the bays to get a lot of rock in them. Before this the bays were hard packed and smooth. The rollers worked great.
                  If you can't shoot good, at least look good shooting

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    kylednf
                    Member
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 456

                    I have had great success picking up pistol brass from concrete and dirt using the pistol specific brass wizard. I think it's worth it if you are going to be picking up a ton of brass at one outing. If its just a few hundred or less its too big to lug around.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Cheep
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 1327

                      I have one and I like it, I use in on concrete for pistol brass and it works well.
                      Originally posted by NOMADCHRIS
                      your asking a question about asking a question ??? just ask the damn question!!!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Corbin Dallas
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • May 2006
                        • 6347

                        I have one as well and it works great if there is no gravel. You will need to adjust the wires from time to time and if you overload it the brass will find is way back out.
                        NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor: Pistol - Rifle - Shotgun - PPITH - PPOTH - NRA Certified RSO

                        WTB the following - in San Diego
                        --Steyr M357A1 357SIG
                        --Five Seven IOM (round trigger guard)

                        Never forget - השואה... לעולם לא עוד.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          twolane
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2010
                          • 963

                          I see quite a few people with them in the East Bay and they seem to work well? I had been thinking about it, but after this thread, I'm second guessing myself too.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Eat Dirt
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Nov 2007
                            • 9729

                            Originally posted by STI
                            Wow, I'm surprised by all these negative reviews. I have one and I love it. I use it at an indoor and outdoor range and it works great, much faster than a broom. I've never used it on anything but a hard surface.
                            Your last line sayes it all
                            Only on hard surface.............

                            Then it works good, But outdoors in the dirt is a different matter
                            Plus it picks up everything , Not only brass but the steel and other stuff and then you have to sort thru it again
                            I tried it for a while ...But it took too much time and we went back to doing it the old fashion way
                            --------------------------------------------------------------

                            I miss the Good 'ol days of Cal -Guns

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Divernhunter
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2010
                              • 8753

                              Where I shoot I have hard packed sand and it works fine. This is good for me as I have trouble bending over or getting up and down to hand pick up the brass. Too many surgeries to back/hip/knees. I also find most brass in groups from where they landed.
                              It works well for me.
                              A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
                              NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
                              SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1