Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

300 Black

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • quig
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 781

    300 Black

    Look what I made today.

    I just got the dies from Midway. Chopped down some .223, sized and trimmed.

    Now only if my barrel that I backordered would get delivered.
    Attached Files
  • #2
    joelogic
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2008
    • 6593

    Looks good, I made some as well today. Hopefully I can pick up some 1680 at the gun show on Saturday.

    Who's barrel are you waiting on?
    What bullets are you going to load?
    Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

    Comment

    • #3
      NYY
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 1877

      thats from .223 brass?!?

      Comment

      • #4
        quig
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 781

        CMMG 16"

        Not sure. I think I am going to play around with both 110/125 supersonic and even some 220 subsonic, even though I won't have a suppressor.

        Comment

        • #5
          quig
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2009
          • 781

          Originally posted by NYY
          thats from .223 brass?!?
          Yes sir.

          That's why this new caliber is so interesting and may be the next best thing since sliced cheese.

          Comment

          • #6
            NYY
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2010
            • 1877

            interesting...

            Comment

            • #7
              quig
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 781

              Find information, resources and relevant links for 300aacblackout.com. This domain may be for sale.


              Take a look at the first PDF at the bottom of the page.

              Comment

              • #8
                joelogic
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2008
                • 6593

                What's the price on the CMMG, maybe better luck with Delta Company or Black Hole.

                I have some 125gr bullets waiting for me and I have a friend who might make me some 247gr bullets.
                Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

                Comment

                • #9
                  quig
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 781

                  $199 + shipping.

                  I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    NYY
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 1877

                    wow that PDF is VERY informing on this cartridge. Quig, if u dont mind me asking, what does it take to turn .223 into .300??

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      quig
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 781

                      Change the barrel.

                      Yes, that's it. Everything is the same. Bolt, mag, etc.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        NYY
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 1877

                        Originally posted by quig
                        Change the barrel.

                        Yes, that's it. Everything is the same. Bolt, mag, etc.
                        haha sorry, i meant the brass

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          TygerAR
                          Member
                          • Sep 2011
                          • 235

                          Yeah Best kept secret. Please don't tell any one sir. Back orders will take longer.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            quig
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 781

                            Originally posted by NYY
                            wow that PDF is VERY informing on this cartridge. Quig, if u dont mind me asking, what does it take to turn .223 into .300??
                            A 300 Blackout die.

                            Either trim tumbled brass to an approx length (basically to chop off the neck of the .223), or chop off the neck by another means (~1.380 length). I chose the dremel, but am looking into a different way.

                            Maybe YouTube it to see what I mean.

                            Then I deburred inside and out real quick.

                            From here, it's the normal case prep.

                            Run it through the die.

                            Trim to length (I trimmed to 1.358, case length is of new is 1.368).

                            Debur, clean pocket,

                            Done and ready for prime, powder, seat.

                            I am no expert, actually relatively new to reloading. This wasn't any harder than a normal .223 reload.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              joelogic
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2008
                              • 6593

                              1.368" now? I still have a case gauge for 1.350". I guess they are trying to squeeze a little more velocity.
                              Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1