Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

300 Black

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    NYY
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 1877

    Originally posted by quig
    A 300 Blackout die.

    Either trim tumbled brass to an approx length (basically to chop off the neck of the .223), or chop off the neck by another means (~1.380 length). I chose the dremel, but am looking into a different way.

    Maybe YouTube it to see what I mean.

    Then I deburred inside and out real quick.

    From here, it's the normal case prep.

    Run it through the die.

    Trim to length (I trimmed to 1.358, case length is of new is 1.368).

    Debur, clean pocket,

    Done and ready for prime, powder, seat.

    I am no expert, actually relatively new to reloading. This wasn't any harder than a normal .223 reload.
    ahh i see! wow thats very cool! never knew you can get it from .223! thats a plus for me if i ever decide to go into that caliber haha

    Comment

    • #17
      deac777
      Member
      • Mar 2011
      • 366

      I've been shooting and reloading 300 AAC Blk for a few months, lots of fun and very accurate out of an AR platform. My favorite powders for supersonic loads are Hodgdon H-110 or Li'L Gun, with a Sierra 125gr SP. I've got some subsonics loaded but have not tried them out yet.

      Comment

      • #18
        primers
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2009
        • 659

        Fairly good writeup on this round in this months G&A mag....

        Comment

        • #19
          rsilvers
          Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 113

          Originally posted by joelogic
          1.368" now? I still have a case gauge for 1.350". I guess they are trying to squeeze a little more velocity.
          1.368 is the max length, not the length.

          The 221 Fireball is 1.400 max, so there was no sense in going too short when picking the 300 BLK specs.

          By the way, all of the latest info is listed here:

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1