Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

9mm brass process?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    newbie1234
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2016
    • 3131

    Here my pistol 27 steps brass processing:
    1) Decap with Hornady Universal decap die.
    2) Wet tumpling: Dish washer soap (my wife uses Palmolive) with Lime Shine, hot water, no steel media. Then let it dry under the sun.
    3) Reload with Lee 4 dies set: Resize, Expand, Bullet Seat, Crimp. (Lee progressive press or Lee turret press).
    4-27) Shoot.
    Last edited by newbie1234; 01-17-2022, 7:06 PM.

    Comment

    • #32
      tabascoz28
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2016
      • 3364

      26 maybe 25 for me, dry tumble, lube and load. Shoot.....

      Comment

      • #33
        BrassCase
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        CGN Contributor
        • Dec 2011
        • 3192

        I have the simplest and best processing of all. Dirty brass gets de-primed, tumbled with steel pins and then roll-sized. Blue Ridge Brass then sends it back to me. All I had to do was put the dirty brass in a box and mail it USPS 2nd day. Cost: About $120 for 4000 cases. See how simple that is.

        If done by me: 1) Deprime with Lyman die, 2) wet tumble steel pins, Lyman Turbo Sonic and Lemi-Shine, 3) Dry in Lyman stacked case dryer. 3) Load using Lee 4 Die Set.
        I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
        NRA Certified:

        Chief Range Safety Officer
        Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
        Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

        Comment

        • #34
          ysr_racer
          Banned
          • Mar 2006
          • 12014

          Originally posted by BrassCase
          . Cost: About $120 for 4000 cases. See how simple that is.
          .
          $120 ???

          Is that pesos or American money?

          Comment

          • #35
            blkside
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2012
            • 1301

            This for pistol brass. I don’t know of any pistol round that needs primer pocket cleaning or trimming. Only brass I spend more time on is 10MM and that’s because I max it out and want the cases to be pristine. But still, tumble and into the Dillon.

            Originally posted by ysr_racer
            Dry tumble, reload, shoot.
            Originally posted by TonyNorCal
            If I'm going to spend money to touch a woman then it's going to be at a Nevada brothel, on Craiglist hooker, or trolling the streets in a camper van.

            Comment

            • #36
              Rimneck
              Junior Member
              • Sep 2021
              • 42

              9mm if fairly clean (no mud / dirt) goes like this for me:

              -Sorted by headstamp
              -Deprimed (I like a shiny primer pocket )
              -Tossed in bag of case lube (one shot or lanolin / alcohol)
              -Resized
              -Wet tumbled
              -Flared
              -Prime Lee auto bench prime
              -Charged
              -Seat / crimp / FCD

              The LEE APP changed my methods because I'm not concerned as much about "dirty brass" going through my press. If it's nasty I'll wet tumble for 30 min or so just to get the chunks off.
              Rimneck iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...rader-feedback

              Comment

              • #37
                BrassCase
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Dec 2011
                • 3192

                Originally posted by ysr_racer
                $120 ???

                Is that pesos or American money?
                Same money that they use in the Dominican Republic and Ecuador.

                Check it out, or in your case, here is a free tip!

                Reloading | handloading Supplies | Once fired Brass | Wholesale Reloading Brass | Brass Processing | 223 brass | 9mm bulk | 300 blackout


                Blue Ridge Brass, a tip I got on CG and I will pass it on. I filled a large USPS flat rate box with dirty 9mm, 4000 cases. I enclosed a check for $120.00, $100 for the processing and $20 for shipping back USPS. It takes about 8 weeks if they are busy. Nice family business.

                Deprimed, wet tumbled and roll sized. They came back looking like new and ready to load. That caused me to buy a wet tumbler.
                I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
                NRA Certified:

                Chief Range Safety Officer
                Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
                Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

                Comment

                • #38
                  ysr_racer
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 12014

                  8 weeks ??

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    BrassCase
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 3192

                    Originally posted by ysr_racer
                    8 weeks ??
                    YES, patience my friend (another free tip). I sent mine in June which is probably his busy season. I slowed it down by sending a check in order to save the CC use fee. With a check he doesn't cash it until the work is done and then won't send until the check clears.

                    I checked around for brass processing and he has the best prices. I only sent about half of my brass so I had brass to shoot while I waited.
                    I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
                    NRA Certified:

                    Chief Range Safety Officer
                    Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
                    Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      ysr_racer
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2006
                      • 12014

                      Originally posted by BrassCase
                      YES, patience my friend (another free tip). I sent mine in June which is probably his busy season. I slowed it down by sending a check in order to save the CC use fee. With a check he doesn't cash it until the work is done and then won't send until the check clears.

                      I checked around for brass processing and he has the best prices. I only sent about half of my brass so I had brass to shoot while I waited.
                      This is a joke, right? I grab 400 9mm cases, toss them in my tumbler, two hours later they're ready to load.

                      My Dillon sizes and de primes (and primes, and flares, and drops powder, and drops a bullet, and crimps it) all with one pull of the handle.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        1911-CV
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2018
                        • 657

                        Not crazy...

                        This doesn't seem to be out of line IF he needed the rollsizing. There is (was?) a guy in Riverside doing rollsizing for about $0.01/case Rollsize service. Fully processed 9mm (not rollsized) is in the marketplace for more than BrassCase paid. Rollsizers seem to start around $800. If the rollsizing is important for his gun, I think he did ok.


                        Originally posted by BrassCase
                        Same money that they use in the Dominican Republic and Ecuador.

                        Check it out, or in your case, here is a free tip!

                        Reloading | handloading Supplies | Once fired Brass | Wholesale Reloading Brass | Brass Processing | 223 brass | 9mm bulk | 300 blackout


                        Blue Ridge Brass, a tip I got on CG and I will pass it on. I filled a large USPS flat rate box with dirty 9mm, 4000 cases. I enclosed a check for $120.00, $100 for the processing and $20 for shipping back USPS. It takes about 8 weeks if they are busy. Nice family business.

                        Deprimed, wet tumbled and roll sized. They came back looking like new and ready to load. That caused me to buy a wet tumbler.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          BIGOX
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2013
                          • 949

                          Originally posted by BrassCase
                          Same money that they use in the Dominican Republic and Ecuador.

                          Check it out, or in your case, here is a free tip!

                          Reloading | handloading Supplies | Once fired Brass | Wholesale Reloading Brass | Brass Processing | 223 brass | 9mm bulk | 300 blackout


                          Blue Ridge Brass, a tip I got on CG and I will pass it on. I filled a large USPS flat rate box with dirty 9mm, 4000 cases. I enclosed a check for $120.00, $100 for the processing and $20 for shipping back USPS. It takes about 8 weeks if they are busy. Nice family business.

                          Deprimed, wet tumbled and roll sized. They came back looking like new and ready to load. That caused me to buy a wet tumbler.
                          $120 and 8 weeks. For 9mm cases. Damn. I'll stick to my method. Tumbled deprime reload then shoot. No extra cost. No time wasted on waiting. I would rather spend that $120 on reloading supplies.
                          Reloading Supplies of all types (PRESSES, POWDERS, PRIMERS, DIES, BRASS, MANUEL'S, TRIMMERS, LEAD, CASTING EQUIPMENT AND MORE) (NEW, USED, OLD, VINTAGE, DISCONTINUED, HARD TO FIND)
                          WHAT DO YOU NEED?
                          https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1608381

                          I'll put together another parts and gear ad soon.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Scotty
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 2053

                            Wet tumble (no media) for 30 minutes, dry, reload, shoot, repeat.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              ar15barrels
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 57180

                              After looking into rollsizers, I decided to build my own based on the rollsizer.com unit's basic design.
                              Randall Rausch

                              AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                              Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                              Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                              Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                              Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                rvicta
                                Member
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 465

                                Deprime
                                Presoak (hot water, Dawn)
                                Wet tumble (cold water, Lemishine, Dawn, Nu-Finish, baking soda slurry last 15 minutes to neutralize acid)
                                Dry
                                Resize
                                Prime
                                Charge w/powder
                                Seat bullets

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1