Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Labradar Sight

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ysr_racer
    Banned
    • Mar 2006
    • 12014

    Comment

    • #17
      ysr_racer
      Banned
      • Mar 2006
      • 12014

      Can someone post a labradar report, I'd like to see what it looks like.

      My Pro Chrono just spits the data to my phone in the form of what I posted.

      Comment

      • #18
        Meety Peety
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2008
        • 3216

        Originally posted by ysr_racer
        Can someone post a labradar report, I'd like to see what it looks like.

        My Pro Chrono just spits the data to my phone in the form of what I posted.


        Most ranges aren't going to let you walk in front of the firing line to set up an optical chrono unless there's a line break which is why its kind of weird that you act like using one is more convenient. Maybe its fine at Rahaagues, but then again waiting in line for an hour + to shoot <100yards is pretty inconvenient itself. An optical chrono is probably the least convenient type of chrono available for 90% of shooters.
        Last edited by Meety Peety; 01-15-2021, 9:31 PM. Reason: I'll be nice
        "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

        Comment

        • #19
          five.five-six
          CGN Contributor
          • May 2006
          • 34928

          Originally posted by ysr_racer
          Umm, there are no line breaks at Raahauge's. As I said, I just don't get it. And I shoot and chrono all the time.

          Comment

          • #20
            trouchelle
            Junior Member
            • Mar 2016
            • 71

            Originally posted by ysr_racer
            There are much cheaper and easier to use chrono's out there.
            Cheaper? Yes. Easier? No.

            Labradar beats everything when it comes to convenience. You put it on a bench and press a button twice.

            Comment

            • #21
              five.five-six
              CGN Contributor
              • May 2006
              • 34928

              It’s not like most every person who owns a LabRadar hasn’t already owned and discarded an optical chronograph. Not like that at all.



              Anyways, back to the sighting system. I bought one on eBay that uses a little fiber optic and it works pretty good but mine did not come with a bolt. I could buy a bolt but it snaps in place well enough. I do like the center bubble on OP ‘s. Not that it’s necessary but it would be nice to be able to double check.

              Comment

              • #22
                five.five-six
                CGN Contributor
                • May 2006
                • 34928

                Originally posted by Meety Peety


                Most ranges aren't going to let you walk in front of the firing line to set up an optical chrono unless there's a line break which is why its kind of weird that you act like using one is more convenient. Maybe its fine at Rahaagues, but then again waiting in line for an hour + to shoot <100yards is pretty inconvenient itself. An optical chrono is probably the least convenient type of chrono available for 90% of shooters.

                Comment

                • #23
                  ysr_racer
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2006
                  • 12014

                  Originally posted by trouchelle
                  Cheaper? Yes. Easier? No.

                  Labradar beats everything when it comes to convenience. You put it on a bench and press a button twice.
                  After you install the optical sight?

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    ysr_racer
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 12014

                    Originally posted by five.five-six
                    Almost $600 a year for a membership that doesn’t include weekends not even a discount on weekends. Five dollars for a piece of cardboard or you have carry around approved cardboard to be treated like garbage by some of the rudest people I’ve ever meet and then park in dirt where I think the water truck guy actually tries to spray the cars.

                    All that’s so I can use a cheep chronograph? Thanks but no.
                    With an attitude like that, in kinda glad I don't run into you there. Everybody's always nice to me, I can go Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, all I want. And I don't have to deal with crossing a creek, or other shooters.

                    But this isn't about Raahauge's, it's about chrono's. And I still don't see the value in spending 500 bucks for one.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Meety Peety
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 3216

                      Originally posted by ysr_racer
                      And I still don't see the value in spending 500 bucks for one.
                      Fair enough. I still don't see the value in spending money on a chronograph that more than likely isn't providing accurate data to begin with. I have actually tested velocities with a lab radar on the side of the gun, a megnetospeed on the barrel and shooting through an optical chrono and seen the difference. I have done this with the Magnetospeed on and off. With the optical chrono and without. Every time same thing. The Labradar and magnetospeed were pretty much identical numbers for practical purposes (ES of like 2-4 FPS) and the optical were way off.

                      I have also on a different occasion shot the same round through two different back to back optical chronos and seen the numbers vary wildly in a non-linear fashion. I have moved the optical ~1 foot and seen the numbers jump like 80-100 fps. That was back when I owned one, and both myself and my buddy both went out and bought labradars after that test.

                      I dont know that every lab radar on the planet is correct and accurate, and I dont know that every optical chrono is incorrect, but I have certainly done enough testing with my own equipment to know that the optical chrono I used to have was way off, all of the other ones I've played with were off.. and the Labradar that I have now is consistent within let's say less than 5 FPS with all other Labradar and Magtlnetospeed chronographs that I've compared it to.

                      So for those reasons, to me optical chronies are a waste of money. If your error factor is like +/- 100 fps.. what information is it even telling you? Whats the point of using it at all? What do you do with the incorrect data to make it useful? More importantly, do you even know the data is incorrect to begin with? If all you are doing is plinking with a pistol at 10 yards, maybe none of those questions even matter. If you are trying to engage a target with a first round impact at distance in a competition or hunting scenario, this stuff matters. Even if you are a weekend shooter trying to hit small targets at distance it matters.

                      Im in no way saying a Labradar is the only way to go.. Magnetospeed offers great options that are very accurate, still pretty convenient and very affordable. I would take a Magentospeed in a heartbeat and have no issue running the numbers it gave me in a match.
                      Last edited by Meety Peety; 01-16-2021, 10:28 AM. Reason: Poorly worded, added clarity
                      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        rqgarcia
                        Junior Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 48

                        Originally posted by Meety Peety
                        Long range shooters use the chrono all the time. And its a pretty convenient thing to do, you make it sound like its some big chore. I throw the lab radar down while I check zero before I shoot a match all the time. Its quick, easy, and why not confirm? I think your use of "most people" doesn't really make sense. Maybe "most people" who have cheap optical chronos use them once a month (let's be honest, half those people dont even shoot once a month). But the people who actually own a lab radar generally aren't that type of "shooter" so you are comparing apples to oranges. I'd bet that people who actually own a labradar are also the people who use them more frequently.

                        It makes about as much sense as someone who has an 18" HD shotgun that sits in the safe 364 days out of the year saying a fancy sporting clays gun is unnecessary or whatever it is you are trying to say. "But most people only use their shotgun once a year!", give me a break.
                        Meety Peety is spot on. I do both precision shooting and long range hunting and handload all my ammo. I use my chrono at least once a week for either load development or ammo confirmation before a hunt in creating my dope card. I have had the Competition Electronics and Magneto chronos, but the LabRadar is by far the easiest to setup, not dependent or affected by sun/clouds, very accurate, and provides all the data you need.

                        There are different shooters with different needs...to each his own man.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          five.five-six
                          CGN Contributor
                          • May 2006
                          • 34928

                          Originally posted by ysr_racer
                          With an attitude like that, in kinda glad I don't run into you there. Everybody's always nice to me, I can go Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, all I want. And I don't have to deal with crossing a creek, or other shooters.

                          But this isn't about Raahauge's, it's about chrono's. And I still don't see the value in spending 500 bucks for one.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            sacrvrrat
                            Member
                            • Nov 2010
                            • 425

                            Originally posted by ysr_racer
                            I guess I don't get the whole labradar thing. It's expensive, and since most people use their chrono once a month? A year? There are much cheaper and easier to use chrono's out there.

                            I use a Pro Chrono DLX and it works well, and cost a hundred bucks.

                            You never will. Give it up.


                            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              ysr_racer
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2006
                              • 12014

                              If anyone wants to compare their labradar to my pro chrono, I'm only available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday

                              You pick the range.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Meety Peety
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 2008
                                • 3216

                                Originally posted by ysr_racer
                                If anyone wants to compare their labradar to my pro chrono, I'm only available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday

                                You pick the range.
                                I am available to check the accuracy of your chronograph with my LabRadar for a small fee of $100 + range fees. Include a self addressed stamped envelope with your payment and I can provide a politely worded letter hand written in illegible cursive that explains how much your chrono deviates from an acceptable standard and a link to a website that shows how to fix it (www.MyLabRadar.com)

                                By appointment only.
                                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1