Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

The great run on reloading supplies

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    PC3597
    Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 251

    Anyone need .223 5.56 brass??

    Comment

    • #62
      the86d
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2011
      • 9591

      Originally posted by PC3597
      THAT, and 9MM brass is something I have been picking up from everyone for YEARS...
      "You reload?" "Nope, you have have the brass if you want it..." "THANKS! Don't sweep-up, I'll that care of it for you..." :P

      Comment

      • #63
        Donny1
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2010
        • 2349

        I just made a trip north past Sacramento and tried BassPro and Sportsmans Wherehouse all the way there, no SPP anywhere, I found them at a small shop in Rocklin and they said they can get all they want, had tons of Winchester and CCI. I think a lot of it is big stores don't catch they trend in time and run behind. There is obviously a higher demand and they likely don't care and just order the same amount every time. As far as they knew there is no shortage from manufacturers.

        Same with Phillips Wholesale in Covina, he's been out of Xtreme copper plated bullets for months but I have ordered from them direct and received 2 separate orders since he's been out. Seems like I have to pay extra for shipping because they can't seem to plan ahead. Not really a huge difference though because I have to go 100 miles round trip to Covina.

        Comment

        • #64
          2Asupport
          Member
          • Apr 2020
          • 141

          Originally posted by Donny1
          I just made a trip north past Sacramento and tried BassPro and Sportsmans Wherehouse all the way there, no SPP anywhere, I found them at a small shop in Rocklin and they said they can get all they want, had tons of Winchester and CCI. I think a lot of it is big stores don't catch they trend in time and run behind. There is obviously a higher demand and they likely don't care and just order the same amount every time. As far as they knew there is no shortage from manufacturers.

          Same with Phillips Wholesale in Covina, he's been out of Xtreme copper plated bullets for months but I have ordered from them direct and received 2 separate orders since he's been out. Seems like I have to pay extra for shipping because they can't seem to plan ahead. Not really a huge difference though because I have to go 100 miles round trip to Covina.
          Did Philips they take your order over the phone?

          Comment

          • #65
            the86d
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2011
            • 9591

            This is getting bad... Like my 3rd COVID-19 nightmare since like APR:
            I was down to <2k total small primers...

            I A-"WOKE" to much more.

            I MIGHT have found SOME for my Calgunners(?):

            or

            Pricey, or Canadian, and you might have to call to order some, but this Google-Fu search might help(?)...

            EDIT: Since I am having nightmares about YOUR problems, that I don't even have... throwing y'all CalGunners a bone:
            Found some CCI SPP, direct link:


            Marked-up a bit, but 10k S&B SRP:


            (Sketchy?) Primers from Pawn shop:
            Browse classified listings forAll Categories in United States on Armslist. Find used guns, firearms, and accessories near you — buy, sell, and trade legally.
            Last edited by the86d; 07-12-2020, 6:31 AM.

            Comment

            • #66
              Mclamped
              Junior Member
              • Jul 2020
              • 3

              Sent you a pm

              Comment

              • #67
                Cowboy T
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2010
                • 5725

                Originally posted by sirgrumps
                Remember, when there is a run on ammo, there is a slight lag on a run of reloading components.

                Now, for most reloaders, who use a single stage press and loads maybe 100 rd at a time, it's minor inconvenience.

                For those on progressive presses and make a couple thousand per session, it's a bit more.

                And those of us, who have seen several of these feast/famine cycles, we have been conditioned to buy right after the famine, during the feast, after a republican president/congress gets elected, to be supplied during the next famine/Democrat President.
                You said it, sirgrumps. And the irony is that these Democrats demand armed protection for themselves....

                Been saying for years that everyone in especially states like California should be set up to reload and keep on hand a healthy stock, just for times like this.
                "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
                F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
                http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
                http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
                http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
                ----------------------------------------------------
                To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

                Comment

                • #68
                  Donny1
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 2349

                  Originally posted by 2Asupport
                  Did Philips they take your order over the phone?
                  I never call, you can see his stock online and he keeps it current. Maybe I wasn't clear, I order direct from Xtreme now.



                  All the reloading supplies you need in stock and special order. Servicing Los Angeles, Riverside, Orange County, High Desert, San Diego.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    Deelayed
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2020
                    • 713

                    S.O.S. MAY DAY MAY DAY!

                    I 've been LOOKING high and low for some small rifle primers. Crapping out .
                    Im in southern california and would be willing to drive to meet or drive to pick up . within reason . i am not a rich man but i understand the concept of supply and demand . I really would apprieciate it . thanks .

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      Deelayed
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2020
                      • 713

                      I take it the SRP are sold ? I might have already asked you . thank you .

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        Maltese Falcon
                        Ordo Militaris Templi
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 6754

                        I have a full NIB 1000 ct of "9 1/2 M", center rifle magnum primers..........from 1980s stored in great condition.

                        I read that old ammo is GTG if well stored, but 40 year old primers?

                        .

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          Deelayed
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2020
                          • 713

                          Originally posted by Maltese Falcon
                          I have a full NIB 1000 ct of "9 1/2 M", center rifle magnum primers..........from 1980s stored in great condition.

                          I read that old ammo is GTG if well stored, but 40 year old primers?

                          .
                          I think thosr are too big for my situation .

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            2Asupport
                            Member
                            • Apr 2020
                            • 141

                            It's the same with Small Pistol Primers too...

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              bigbossman
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 11281

                              Originally posted by Maltese Falcon
                              I read that old ammo is GTG if well stored, but 40 year old primers?
                              I'd use them without a second thought.
                              Always looking for vintage Winchester and Marlin lever action rifles. Looking to sell? Know of one for sale? Drop me a line!

                              "Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                five.five-six
                                CGN Contributor
                                • May 2006
                                • 34928

                                Originally posted by Swagman00
                                I had so many supplies lying around from ten years ago I thought I'd never have time to reload it.

                                Since March 10th I've been on furlough and those 3K of .223 brass, 55 gr FMJ and Varget/3031/AR-Comp/H4895/H322/and so on are finally coming together.

                                And to think...I nearly sold it all.
                                I use varget for match 223 with a RCBS bench mount measure and trickled and that was some slow going. I have a chargemaster now and even with that 3,000 is a whole lot of WOW!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1