Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Is reloading in a garage a bad idea?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57179

    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
    Funny, my wife will probably be taking her dining room table during our pending divorce. All I will have to eat off is my 4' x 8' reloading bench. At least, I'll be able to move if from the garage to inside the house.
    It sounds like mostly good things are coming of this.
    Getting rid of trouble.
    Moving the reloading bench inside.
    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    • #17
      Turbinator
      Administrator
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 11962

      Another vote for reloading in the garage. I'm lucky in that I have a walk-in closet *in the garage* that I use as my reloading room. It's not huge, but I can stand in there and reload and store all my supplies. It generally stays cool in there, although the garage gets warm in the summer if I park a hot car in the garage. I keep the powder and primers stored close to the cement floor so that at least I get the natural cooling action of the earth to help out.

      Turby

      Comment

      • #18
        Captain Evilstomper
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2008
        • 775

        i live in a small apt. so i reload on the coffee table
        Reason has seldom failed us because it has seldom been tried

        Better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion
        -- Edward Abbey

        Comment

        • #19
          jkasandiego
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2007
          • 553

          Garage is the place to be. Watch footbal game while reloading
          Seek Perfection of character, be faithful, endeavour, respect others and refrain from violent behaviour
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            sorensen440
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2007
            • 8612

            I'm in the garage with mine
            it sucks when its cold out though
            "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

            Comment

            • #21
              REDHORSE
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2002
              • 1554

              Garage set up here
              http://i.imgur.com/A7z6dHc.pngCGF & CGN/CGSSA Contributor


              Comment

              • #22
                GW
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2004
                • 16078

                In the garage.
                sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                Comment

                • #23
                  rue
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2007
                  • 1355

                  Originally posted by rrr70
                  All I have is my dining table.
                  Seriously that's where my setup is too. I have no electricity in my garage at present and the wife doesn't like it but I'm the man and I do what I want
                  I did bolt my press to a piece of wood and c-clamp it to the bottom of the table so I can take it off easy and not drill holes in it. Loaded 100 rounds of
                  45 ACP this morning in my pajamas. lol
                  Originally posted by halifax
                  How about the next time a kid gets suspended/expelled for simply drawing a picture of a gun. I see a federal civil rights lawsuit against the school district for violation of 1st & 2nd amendments.


                  Originally posted by CA357
                  I am getting old and my bull***** tolerance is rapidly diminishing.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    badreligion
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2007
                    • 538

                    I use my garage for my reloading and most of my other man activities. I guess I was lucky with my garage needing to be gutted when I moved in. I was able to put in a 100amp sub panel for power, insulate the walls and ceiling before doing major renovations. Just need to put in a new insulated roll up door and stain the floor.
                    Some people will do skanky things for $25, and not all those people are crack whores.

                    Bill Wiese
                    San Jose, CA

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      PistolPete75
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2007
                      • 5230

                      My reloading setup is in my office. The garage is fine, but watch out for drafs which can throw off the powder scale.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        tankerman
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 24240

                        Originally posted by sorensen440
                        I'm in the garage with mine
                        it sucks when its cold out though
                        I have a portable radiator type heater I use in the garage.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          jandmtv
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 5800

                          I live in a apt. but I have a room dedicated to my reloading, guns and computer.
                          Looking for RPR or Precision Rifle Accessories? Check out Anarchy Outdoors. http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com?afmc=1w

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            ivanimal
                            Janitors assistant
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Sep 2002
                            • 14365

                            I have a 5 gallon tank and a propane heater for my garage set ups.

                            "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
                            Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
                            NRA lifetime member

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Chaingun
                              Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 355

                              When single, I had a reloading room, but have since moved it out to the garage bench.

                              At one time I had a reloading table mounted to the trailer hitch, for lunchtime work fun.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                JamesY
                                Veteran Member
                                • Apr 2006
                                • 2652

                                I have the same propane heater as Ivan and works great. I also have my reloading stuff in the man room AKA "garage"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1