Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

First time reloading 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • glocklife34
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2014
    • 505

    First time reloading 9mm

    Trying to load my first batch of 9mm. I have a titegroup, Hs6 powder and a 115 gr RN from xtreme bullets. I cant seem to find the load data of the 115 gr RN. I hahe a Lyman 49th edition and went online hodgodon for data what they have is LRN instead of RN. Are those similar data? Its my first time to load so just wanna make sure everything is safe before starting.
    To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
  • #2
    sixoclockhold
    Banned
    • Jul 2012
    • 4040

    I've loaded 1,000's of 115 gr. extreme plated with titegroup. I started at 3.9 and worked it up to 4.5 gr which I use and it's a nice load similar to boxed ammo and cycles my s&w 439 perfect. I like a stronger load that goes bang. Haven't noticed any pressure issues or copper in barrel. I use a good taper crimp.
    Last edited by sixoclockhold; 09-20-2015, 12:23 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      bruce381
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 2453

      lot of guys shoot the tite group do not know what laod tho but start mid range.

      Use jacketed rn data with whatever 115 gr rn hodgon lists, load a few and try out.

      using sme wt data will keep you safe BUT overall length may vary a little which can lead to function issues, so load a few amd make sure they feed OK

      Comment

      • #4
        J-cat
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2005
        • 6626

        LRN means lead round nose. It is a longer projectile than a plated round nose. LRN takes up more room in the case and reduces case capacity so the powder charges listed are different than for jacketed. Xtreme recommends LRN data for their plated bullets.

        I would look at both lead and jacketed data, just make sure you are comparing bullets seated to the same overall length.

        Comment

        • #5
          sixoclockhold
          Banned
          • Jul 2012
          • 4040

          Originally posted by J-cat
          LRN means lead round nose. It is a longer projectile than a plated round nose. LRN takes up more room in the case and reduces case capacity so the powder charges listed are different than for jacketed. Xtreme recommends LRN data for their plated bullets.

          I would look at both lead and jacketed data, just make sure you are comparing bullets seated to the same overall length.
          Actually they don't....

          "Our Copper Plated Bullets can be run at mid-range jacketed velocities or higher end lead velocities. We recommend keeping velocities to less than 1500 FPS (Feet Per Second) and using only a light taper crimp"



          With titegroup you don't want too light of a starting load. It's a compact powder and won't fill the case worth a darn.

          Comment

          • #6
            glocklife34
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2014
            • 505

            It says online the starting load is 3.9 gr and max load is 4.3 on LRN and O.A.L is 1.100".

            And i notice is the max load is not that alot of difference on starting load. If i load 3.9 grains in 115gr RN bullet what shoule be the recommended OAL?
            To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them

            Comment

            • #7
              J-cat
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2005
              • 6626

              Originally posted by sixoclockhold
              Actually they don't....

              "Our Copper Plated Bullets can be run at mid-range jacketed velocities or higher end lead velocities. We recommend keeping velocities to less than 1500 FPS (Feet Per Second) and using only a light taper crimp"



              With titegroup you don't want too light of a starting load. It's a compact powder and won't fill the case worth a darn.
              What do velocity levels have to do with data? Data, those charge weight numbers... data.

              Comment

              • #8
                J-cat
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2005
                • 6626

                Originally posted by glocklife34
                It says online the starting load is 3.9 gr and max load is 4.3 on LRN and O.A.L is 1.100".

                And i notice is the max load is not that alot of difference on starting load. If i load 3.9 grains in 115gr RN bullet what shoule be the recommended OAL?
                That's because the 9mm is a small capacity case and TG is a fast powder.

                Try 1.125"

                Comment

                • #9
                  glocklife34
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2014
                  • 505

                  Originally posted by J-cat
                  That's because the 9mm is a small capacity case and TG is a fast powder.



                  Try 1.125"

                  Thank you. Ill try to load with that OAL.
                  To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    XxWoodsHunterxX
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 1698

                    Originally posted by glocklife34
                    Thank you. Ill try to load with that OAL.

                    I run mine at 1.12" haven't had any issues and MY gun likes them

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      JMP
                      Internet Warrior
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 17056

                      If you have a fast pistol powder and a light weight 9mm load, the answer is always 3.5gr as a starting point (assuming you have an appropriate length that fits your chamber). I don't think you can blow up a modern 9mm with 3.5gr of anything. Rather, you should watch for squibs, but 3.5gr should get them all out of the end of your barrel. 9mm is particularly easy because there's probably a 100% difference in reasonable charges between a hot load and a mild load. In larger rifle cartridges, a 100% charge difference would be catastrophic.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Pauliedad
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 2095

                        4.3g Tightgroup with a 115g extreme jacketed round nose
                        At 1.125 is my go to load.
                        All my 9mm pistols love it.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          homelessdude
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 2143

                          I ike the titegroup because it meters so well compared to some others. The amount of powder is small compared to case capacity so be careful not to double charge any.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            stilly
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 10685

                            I have not used TG yet but I am itching to give it a spin. I DO like the HS6. That was the stuff to have before TG became more popular within a shooting group that I have made purchases with.
                            7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                            Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                            And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              fn9
                              Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 291

                              3.5 g of TG is soft shooting and cycles all my pistols without issues.
                              I suffer from CRS

                              Cant Remember shiite

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1