A hertz pickup truck can take it all, 50 per day for an f150.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shipping large amounts ammo
Collapse
X
-
-
-
Hertz doesn't charge by the mile. I hauled a bunch of subfloor panels from Fresno to SD and only cost me rental plus gas.Comment
-
And gas is cheap these days...Comment
-
-
I have 20,000 rounds of assorted ammo. 1000 lbs is my estimate of the upper limit. A one way Uhaul truck costs more than $4500, not including gas and toll. A trailer hitch will cost a few hundred, and the 4 x 8 uhaul trailer is about 600. The trailer will be cost effective, but I will also have to pay for storage on the other end for a few months. Then there is the hassle and potential danger if I hit snow. My cars were not ideal for towing things, but it is possible.
I will check out shipping a pallet as an alternative.
My employer is shipping my household goods, but they won't pay for guns or ammo.Comment
-
Remember mileage with uhaul coast to coast could be a grand.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,751
Posts: 25,151,243
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 11109 users online. 38 members and 11071 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment