I installed vuze the other day but despite declining all the adware garbage, it still installed some crap on my system. I was immediately pissed off and uninstalled it. Back to utorrent.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Torrent Programs
Collapse
X
-
+1 for utorrentOriginally posted by POLICESTATEAmericans who seek to take away liberty and property from others are not true Americans. You cannot be an enemy of freedom and be an American.
Americans who are not self-reliant and depend on government to take care of them are not Americans. You cannot depend on government and be free.Comment
-
are those still active? i remember they were very active and a better alternative to ftp and stuff back in the early 2000's or so.
do you not have to combine the files though? like via winrar?Comment
-
uTorrent having ads is not too bad of a deal, you don't use the torrent client itself for long. A few seconds to start the torrent, a few seconds to stop seeding when you're ready. It shows you status at the system tray without ads.
uTorrent was bought by the bittorrent corporation itself so it has a good supporting infrastructure. Bittorrent is getting into enterprise features and has to maintain a solid track record in terms of reliability.Comment
-
I love Vuze it linked up with my directv and my sony blue ray player and I can stream to both devices. I can convert a video to work with different things pull it off and burn a data DVD which will play in my blue ray player. I suggest getting it from filehippo.comNRA LIFE MEMBER
VFW LIFEMEMBERComment
-
I prefer Transmission, but in Widows I use bit torrent. That Tixati looks interesting.Comment
-
I use uTorrent but I am not thrilled about it, BUT it DOES work. I use THAT along with Peerblock to give me a feeling of security, kinda.Vuze is good, but I heard it was not as entirely customizable as others. Also resource heavy (compared to other torrent programs). If you want a free program with no advertisements, Vuze is the way to go.
If your computer is a potato, uTorrent as it's lighter on resources.
This. I have used uTorrent flawlessly for years now. The negative side is that uTorrent has advertisements now.. I paid for uTorrent plus, but I thought I was paying a one-time fee for a permanent program. Nope, the fee is for only one year of uTorrent plus.. rip-off IMO.
Use the free version of uTorrent. The advertisements don't pop up or anything, they are just integrated into the uTorrent window to visually annoy you.
But I dunno if it is just my WinXP box or the program that if I get like 50+ downloads going it really bogs down the system. I gotta limit the d/l or actives to about 10 or so at a time and then just minimize it to the system tray and come back later to see what has finished.
It is SMALL and it works, albeit kind of clunky at times when you are running low on space and gotta dodge and weave to get things downloaded, but in the end it usually works- BUT (And this is a warning for ALL uTorrent users), Somewhere it keeps tabs on you. I found EVERY torrent that I had ever d/led tucked away in a folder, some 693+ files and those files are all you need to cause problems so find that folder and delete them all out of it once you are finished.
AS for Vuze, is that the frog? It used to be something else that was cool back in the day then they changed their name to VUZE and well, I found that it sucked. All I want in a torrent program is a program that will download torrents. I don't care to have it stream or convert video formats or whatever. That is bloated as far as I am concerned. Just download my torrents and stop trying to replace 50 other programs that are better then your divided coding...7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...
Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...

And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...Comment
-
I used to use Azureus a few years ago. Don't really torrent anymore"The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny."
-Aesop's Fables The Wolf and the Lamb.
WTS Toth Tools, AK misc, and Streamlight TLR3
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...3#post19963273Comment
-
I have a VM running via privateinternetaccess.com, I can use an IP in one of dozens of countries. I haven't heard a peep from either of my ISP's.
I switched to Tixati about a year ago when uTorrent gave me some issues, Tixati has been rock solid.sigpicThe society that separates its scholars from its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools. ThucydidesComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,282
Posts: 25,146,420
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,498
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 31736 users online. 129 members and 31607 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment