Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Torrent Programs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jbolton
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 1386

    Torrent Programs

    What's a good torrent program to use with out all the junk?
    sigpic
  • #2
    lorax3
    Super Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jan 2009
    • 4633

    For the Mac and other Unix Distros, Transmission is the best. No question.

    A Fast, Easy and Free Bittorrent Client For Mac, Windows and Linux


    Also, let's keep the thread about torrent programs. Keep the links to websites that offer non-public domain torrents for offline conversations.
    You think you know, but you have no idea.

    The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.

    Comment

    • #3
      jbolton
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2008
      • 1386

      It would be for Windows.

      What is a non public domain torrent?
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        ke6guj
        Moderator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Nov 2003
        • 23725

        Originally posted by jbolton
        It would be for Windows.

        What is a non public domain torrent?
        "public domain" = free of any copyright and can be shared freely
        things like free Linux distros

        "non public domain" = copyrighted and not able to be shared freely.
        things like commercial movies, software, and music
        Jack



        Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

        No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

        Comment

        • #5
          HibikiR
          Senior Member
          • May 2014
          • 2418

          uTorrent was the best Windows one last I heard, but that was years ago.

          Comment

          • #6
            Tasty
            Senior Member
            • May 2011
            • 1829

            IT buddy of mine suggested that I use Vuze. I started using it when uTorrent and Bittorrent started giving me issues. So far it's worked great.
            As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

            Comment

            • #7
              CrossedRifles
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 2444

              Vuze is good, but I heard it was not as entirely customizable as others. Also resource heavy (compared to other torrent programs). If you want a free program with no advertisements, Vuze is the way to go.

              If your computer is a potato, uTorrent as it's lighter on resources.

              Originally posted by HibikiR
              uTorrent was the best Windows one last I heard, but that was years ago.
              This. I have used uTorrent flawlessly for years now. The negative side is that uTorrent has advertisements now.. I paid for uTorrent plus, but I thought I was paying a one-time fee for a permanent program. Nope, the fee is for only one year of uTorrent plus.. rip-off IMO.

              Use the free version of uTorrent. The advertisements don't pop up or anything, they are just integrated into the uTorrent window to visually annoy you.
              Last edited by CrossedRifles; 01-15-2015, 8:21 AM.

              Comment

              • #8
                ConcealedKalifornia
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2014
                • 512

                Originally posted by Tasty
                IT buddy of mine suggested that I use Vuze. I started using it when uTorrent and Bittorrent started giving me issues. So far it's worked great.
                Vuze is cool. Its got a few problems but has some cool features.

                Steams to your playstation, converts files to mp4 for your Iphone and will even put it in your itunes library
                Concealed Carry Gun Reviews

                Custom Kydex Holsters

                Comment

                • #9
                  tommyboy619
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 891

                  Another vote for Vuze. Used it for years then decided to give uTorrent a try. Lasted maybe a month before I went back to Vuze.
                  "Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst, and cold." - Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    pluke the 2
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2012
                    • 1926

                    qTORENT

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ziconceo
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2011
                      • 3269

                      I had vuze, but later switched to utorrent due to its simplicity
                      I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ebencikiv
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 4527

                        u torrent fer meee

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          high_revs
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 7856

                          I've not used utorrent but I've read a lot of good things about it. I used vuze before. I use transmission now on my NAS so I don't have to leave the laptop on all the time, and the NAS is all on all the time anyway. My NAS is old'ish so the transmission version sometimes has hiccups. I use the other torrent program that was readily available back then.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            catmman
                            CGSSA Coordinator
                            • Jun 2012
                            • 455

                            If anything illegal you will eventually get caught. Not worth it. Try 3rd party newsgroups for ease of use.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Frisco3Gun
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2014
                              • 709

                              uTorrent is very small and easy to use. Switched from Vuze about 6 years ago (I think) and haven't looked back.
                              God may have made men, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

                              Send me pics of your: Colt Detective Special, AMT Hardballer, pre-64 Winchester Model 70. I'm looking for them.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1