Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Fry's customer service sucks!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Jel
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1425

    People complain about Fry's all the time, yet keep going back.....why? They have almost every gadget or appliance or component that runs on electricity and then some. You must learn your store and the locations of things you need. For instant gratification for electronics, Fry's is your store.

    Asking someone is a 50/50 gamble that they might know where the item you are looking for is. Customer service is still the same at most of the stores I've visited since the very first one in Sunnyvale off Lawrence Expressway. That store had a circuit board motif.

    OP, sorry you had such issues with their service dept. Go back and have them make things right for you.

    Comment

    • #32
      Bobby Ricigliano
      Mit Gott und Mauser
      CGN Contributor
      • Feb 2011
      • 17439

      I like Fry's and the massive inventory of stuff they have there. Occasional good deals too. However, the sloppy kids and weird old guys in white shirts and black ties are to be avoided at all costs.

      Comment

      • #33
        dynamomark80
        Member
        • Sep 2012
        • 202

        well this is another lesson to be more self reliant.
        If you can fix it yourself, if you cant, learn how to. just like how I taught my sisters to change a car tire and do oil changes. hell I once caught my oldest sister doing a tuneup using a chilton manual.
        I fear paper cuts far more than firearms.

        Comment

        • #34
          den888
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2009
          • 10520

          I agree, have had issues with their CS.

          Comment

          • #35
            Kurus214
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Mar 2012
            • 478

            Haven't bought from them for years - terrible CS. Sounds like you need drivers, also sounds like your data is lost - I'd bet a backup drive and a cloud drive to back up to for next time.
            The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen

            sigpic
            CGF/SAF/FPC Supporter

            "There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order.

            Comment

            • #36
              Maddog5150
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Feb 2006
              • 10526

              Finally got around to getting these installed. Thanks! I tried finding them myself before you posted the links but nothing worked. Your links seemed to do that trick.

              Originally posted by Jel
              People complain about Fry's all the time, yet keep going back.....why? They have almost every gadget or appliance or component that runs on electricity and then some. You must learn your store and the locations of things you need. For instant gratification for electronics, Fry's is your store.

              Asking someone is a 50/50 gamble that they might know where the item you are looking for is. Customer service is still the same at most of the stores I've visited since the very first one in Sunnyvale off Lawrence Expressway. That store had a circuit board motif.

              OP, sorry you had such issues with their service dept. Go back and have them make things right for you.
              I rarely go to frys. I needed a new computer because mine went out. Bought an asis bamboo ed from Best Buy and it fried after 2 days. The next asis bamboo they replaced would get blue screens or shut itself off randomly so I demanded my money back and since I was living in SD at the time, went to Frys. That was the only expensive thing I bought from them before. So it's not that I keep going back to bad customer service. This is my first, and last time I will have experienced the bad customer service.
              Buy my EO Tech XPS3-0!!!

              For those nutjobs who like to use the word "gouge"
              Note: I did not write the above article.

              Any carpenters in Socal want a side project?

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #37
                V8toytruck
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2008
                • 2943

                Originally posted by LiveSideways
                You're missing the quicklaunch drivers (FN keys) and the manufacturer specific touchpad driver. Post the make/model and I'll link you to both.

                Or, if you happened to take it to the Fry's in Anaheim - I live 1 mile north of it. Come by and I'll straighten it out for you.
                You live on Miraloma Lake?

                Comment

                • #38
                  barbasol
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 954

                  Mac next time?
                  Free Loan Modification Review and Short Sale Info for any Calgunners in Socal. PM me for details
                  15% commission rebate and 5% donation to Calguns Foundation for any closed home sale by a Calgunner or referral. PM for details*subject to lender approval

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    stilly
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 10685

                    +1 to just about every answer given. LoL. I can;t say anything new so I will just strengthen everyone else... :O
                    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      gabe123
                      Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 491

                      Fry's customer service is great. I asked them all sort of questions from where to find a USB drive, which one is on sale, and where the restrooms are. If the chick is hot, I'll ask her more about Fry's extended warranty and stuff.. I just declide it when checking out at cashier... But then for technical stuff, I would just google, or ask my dog before engage in a conversation with a frys associate.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        nekokoneko
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 590

                        Fry's charged 150$ just to scan for viruses. None of the PC technician there are really certified. The one in Fountain Valley, uses google for PC solutions.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          ambiguous216
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 1214

                          Would not shop at frys....reps don't know squat...bad cust svc...sells used crap also

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            BakaLogic
                            Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 217

                            Fry's is really great if you know what you want and, if it's in the cage and you have to order it through the guys on the floor, it's not too busy.

                            Sadly, no one should go there expecting good customer service.
                            "We're still flying." "That's not much." "It's enough."

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              cpatbay
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2011
                              • 1631

                              Their technicians are really nowhere near the competency needed to be providing good computer repair. They also lack the motivation to delivery high customer satisfaction. The couple of times I dealt with them, they gave me the impression that they didn't care much about what they do. When things got delayed, they were like, "I don't know. The computer didn't come back last week." They didn't even bother to keep a close eye on things when things were late. I stopped buying extended warranty from them.
                              NRA Lifer

                              No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason
                              for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
                              to protect themselves against tyranny in government - Thomas Jefferson


                              Comment

                              • #45
                                DEVOREGUNNER
                                Member
                                • Nov 2011
                                • 431

                                Fry's customer service. lol. That's like the farmer bringing in the bull to "Service" the cow.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1