Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SHOCKING! Rude behavior observed at gun shop.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    spamsucker
    Banned
    • Jun 2012
    • 701

    If that's "SHOCKING" behaviour for you, you need to get out more. Seriously man. You're shocked by the most pedestrian of rudeness. Was it a jerk move? Yeah. Was it inside a gunshop where this kinda stuff happens all the time and sorta to be expected and a complete NON ISSUE since it's not probably a rimfire? Yeah.

    So, ummm... cool starry bra.

    Comment

    • #62
      Tovarish
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2014
      • 1615

      Sarcasm man.

      Comment

      • #63
        alfred1222
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2010
        • 7331

        Originally posted by erik_26
        I bet they are shooting it during your 10-day wait. You will probably pick it up all scratched to heck and full of unburnt powder.
        FFL's dont fire pistols that are in jail. They have no reason too, and its a HUGE liability. Understand this; most FFL's got into the business because they LOVE guns. As a result, they have large collections of guns that they acquired, mostly through people selling them guns. The employee's cant legally take that gun without the FFL being with them, and again, they wont because they get second pickings of everything that is sold to the FFL
        Originally posted by Kestryll
        This guy is a complete and total idiot.
        /thread.

        ΦΑ

        Comment

        • #64
          cmichini
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2008
          • 1739

          Originally posted by Tovarish
          I know this is absolutely stunning...but I recently observed less-than-courteous behavior at a gun store.

          Or at least that's how I felt.

          Look, I'm not that experienced. I only first caught the pistol bug early this year. But in that year or so, every time I handle a pistol at a shop, I ask the employee if it's okay for me to dry-fire it. Responses vary from "yeah, knock yourself out" to "okay, but you're limited to one." Honestly, I never really felt obligated to ask. I just did it out of courtesy because I knew some people are weird about that.

          Anyway, last week, I show up at a store (identity withheld, because this isn't a big deal) to DROS an SSE pistol that I had ordered online and had SSE'd before it arrived at the shop. One of the cashiers gets me started on my paperwork and as he is fumbling around with the DROS system, his boss comes over.

          "Whoa, cool!" Mr. Boss exclaims as he picks up and fondles my pistol without any express or implied consent from me, the owner of this $1,200 pistol. Mr. Boss then racks the slide and does four dry fires on the gun, ya know, just 'cause it's a cool gun and he really needs to see how the trigger is.

          Really, I'm not afraid my firing pin is going to give it up from a few dry fires. What bothers me is the fact that I always ask for permission, yet the guys I'm paying to do my transfer can't extend the same courtesy to me (and I would have said "of course, do whatever you want.")

          Am I out of line? Or is this a total ****bag move?
          You should have spoken up.
          "Please ask before handling/manipulating my firearm."

          Did the dingleberry check to see it was safe before playing John Wayne?
          NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
          NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

          Comment

          • #65
            erik_26
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2010
            • 3907

            Originally posted by alfred1222
            FFL's dont fire pistols that are in jail. They have no reason too, and its a HUGE liability. Understand this; most FFL's got into the business because they LOVE guns. As a result, they have large collections of guns that they acquired, mostly through people selling them guns. The employee's cant legally take that gun without the FFL being with them, and again, they wont because they get second pickings of everything that is sold to the FFL
            In a perfect world I would agree.


            However, we live in a world full of rules and over crowded prisons.


            This would leave me to believe that not every follows the rules.
            Signature required

            Comment

            • #66
              Pappy91W
              Member
              • Dec 2005
              • 151

              OP, sorry man, I got excited about your pistol.

              *wince* My wife is working on house breaking me. Just say in a really firm and audible voice "NO, DENNIS", and I'll put it down, then pat me on the head and say good boy. I'll eventually remember.


























              Ok, so it wasn't me, but I got a kick out of posting this anyway.
              The Patriot Act. Turning citizens into suspects since 2001
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #67
                m98
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2005
                • 4088

                Originally posted by bakelite
                You know what you do!!!
                Go in there with greasy hands and dry fire their
                Most expensive pistol with out asking them
                Don't forget to grease the gun with greasy hands


                Use old bearing grease thats been used for decades thats got crude and the consistency is almost like cookie dough. And also add a hint of gearing oil into the mix. Touch ur greasy paws all over the glass counter etc
                "Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman

                10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>

                Comment

                • #68
                  m98
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2005
                  • 4088

                  Originally posted by alfred1222
                  FFL's dont fire pistols that are in jail. They have no reason too, and its a HUGE liability. Understand this; most FFL's got into the business because they LOVE guns. As a result, they have large collections of guns that they acquired, mostly through people selling them guns. The employee's cant legally take that gun without the FFL being with them, and again, they wont because they get second pickings of everything that is sold to the FFL

                  There are some shady businesses here. I've personally over heard employees/owners talking bout taking the guns they have in store and taking it home to shoot and bringing it back and selling as new. The rifles they were talking about were customer ordered bushy acr and scar 16 back when it was first released. Hence i no longer support this pos shop
                  "Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman

                  10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    pastureofmuppets
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2013
                    • 1805

                    "I don't want that one anymore, it's used."


                    Rude, but hardly the end of the world.
                    Host of the FAST OC podcast.

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      deerdeerdeer
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2014
                      • 2696

                      I will not let another man rack my slide!

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        John Browning
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2006
                        • 8089

                        You sound like an awesome customer.

                        If this were a gun that was actually expensive or rare like an Heirloom Precision or an unturned SAA I would be miffed. If it just a shooter like a Sphinx, eh, whatever.
                        For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

                        For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

                        Originally posted by KWalkerM
                        eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          toddh
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2010
                          • 1914

                          OP, let me ask you a question.

                          While the guy stood there handling your firearm, you stood there and didn't say anything during that time ??

                          Maybe the real issue was you wouldn't man-up and say something RIGHT THEN....like stop, please don't handle my firearm, please put down my firearm....etc, etc.

                          You stood there and watched and let it happen, and probably walked out without saying a word to the person afterward.
                          Saying something right then may have had an effect to preventing this guy from doing it again to someone else.

                          Did I leave anything out or am I missing anything ??


                          Would you let a stranger walk up and handle your firearm at a range ?
                          So why would a gunstore employee be any different ??

                          YOU need to learn how to say stop, or no, or get away.

                          Otherwise you are gonna get rolled over by people throughout your life.



                          .

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            SanPedroShooter
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 9732

                            Ha ha I was at local shop doing a PPT on an old Russian revolver and the kid behind the counter picks up the gun and does like a pretend quick draw/ trigger guard finger twirl with it..

                            Just like in the cowboy movies. I told him 'you better slow your roll pardner, I haven't been paid for that yet and you might drop it on the floor'

                            We all had a good laugh. Unbelievable.

                            No dry fire though..

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              ambiguous216
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 1214

                              You should have grabbed the keys to his car and do a few peel outs and tell him nice car!

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                PseudoTsuga
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2013
                                • 803

                                Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                                I would have politely told him that he has the right and responsibility to make sure it is not loaded. However, since he did more than that, he just bought it from you at your asking price or, at least, needs to compensate you for the diminished collector's value since, you were planning on keeping it as an unfired and uncycled collectible.
                                Wait.
                                Aren't they usually test fired at the factory?
                                I are confused.
                                "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy."
                                -F. Scott Fitzgerald

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1