Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking for an easy "racking" 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • deerdeerdeer
    replied
    Originally posted by The Last American Hero
    that belongs in Gun-Add-On-Hall Of Shame IMO.

    I see some n00b pulling it back with finger and with finger still in hole firing the gun and breaking finger, and laughter from off camera.

    If you need that Add-On, stick to knife or club or pepper spray, or get a dog.

    Leave a comment:


  • JMP
    replied
    USP9c--the only gun that my little paws can rack one-handed.

    Leave a comment:


  • tecstar1
    replied
    The video shows how it can be done in a manner that doesn't require as much strength, However, if you do have issue even with the level, a revolver, training speedload would be in order.

    Leave a comment:


  • bulletblood
    replied
    Sig p938 is so easy.

    HK p2000 easy too.

    My wife has problems with racking. Those two she can do.

    Leave a comment:


  • stitchnicklas
    replied
    my wife is very small and weak,she has a sig 2340 in 40s&w and shoots my sig 2022 also

    Leave a comment:


  • deerdeerdeer
    replied
    Originally posted by stix213
    You could consider attaching one of these to the slide

    Would this scratch the slide once installed after usage? I'm considering getting one, if anyone has one let me know. Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • kentactic
    replied
    Originally posted by Mitch
    I have never seen a woman or anyone else have any problem firing a double action revolver.

    I have seen several women experience real difficulty operating a semi-automatic pistol.
    Define "have any problem". Were they all shooting in DA like reality in a self defense situation and were they shooting the wings off of flies?

    To make a woman carry a revolver because their husband thinks they're too stupid or weak to run a proper handgun, is just retarded. If they are actually both or one of these, a revolver will only compound the problem. A revolver requires more brain power to operate in a tactical fashion and the triggers twice as heavy.

    Not saying you said these things, just saying in general.
    Last edited by kentactic; 11-29-2014, 7:19 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • MissiontoMars
    replied
    Originally posted by Mitch
    I have never seen a woman or anyone else have any problem firing a double action revolver.

    I have seen several women experience real difficulty operating a semi-automatic pistol.
    Not singling you out, Mitch, but y'alls need to look at the OP's original post.

    She doesn't want a revolver.

    Leave a comment:


  • MissiontoMars
    replied
    Originally posted by Rizzo
    My wife has a S&W M&P 9mm but recently does not have the strength to rack that semi-auto anymore.
    She can rack my Ruger SR22 OK (22LR) but since we are both heading towards getting a CCW permit I'd like to get her another smaller 9mm that she can rack successfully.
    I do have a Ruger SP101 snubbie revolver but she would prefer to have more rounds and faster reloading (mag) if needed so a semi-auto is the preferred gun.

    Anybody have some first hand experience on which 9mm would be the easiest?...or any other suggestions?

    Thanks.
    My wife can rack my XD9, and my Shield. She also has no issue with 1911-style guns, so maybe a 4" RIA 9mm? or a Sig P938?

    Leave a comment:


  • Mitch
    replied
    Originally posted by kentactic
    Do not make your wife carry a revolver. The trigger weight on them is often heavier than the slide on an auto loader.
    I have never seen a woman or anyone else have any problem firing a double action revolver.

    I have seen several women experience real difficulty operating a semi-automatic pistol.

    Leave a comment:


  • PyroFox79
    replied
    As an armorer I've seen ONE locking block break and it was one of the old ones. It hadn't been replaced because it had slipped through or they weren't supposed to be replaced until they broke. I think it was the latter. Our battalions pistols were pretty beat up and I have never seen a cracked slide nor did they really have many problems other than random jams that can happen to any guns. It also could have been we actually made sure they were all good unlike a lot of other armories.

    I like the M9 because it was something I put my faith in and has yet to let me down. My INOX has something like 1500 rounds and still looks as new as when I bought it with the exception of some holster wear from working security and a small Mar on the front of the slide from it hitting something. I've put all kinds of ammo from cheap steel cased to high end rounds and it still shoots accurately. Hey but to each their own

    Leave a comment:


  • The Last American Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by stix213
    You could consider attaching one of these to the slide

    that belongs in Gun-Add-On-Hall Of Shame IMO.

    I see some n00b pulling it back with finger and with finger still in hole firing the gun and breaking finger, and laughter from off camera.

    If you need that Add-On, stick to knife or club or pepper spray, or get a dog.

    Leave a comment:


  • BoulderTroll
    replied
    Striker fire and "safe action" pistols have become so much the rage that folks have actually forgotten about a lot of the DA/SA guns. A handgun like the M9 or P226 can be much easier to rack the slide of if you manually cock the hammer first. I know of a (VERY) well respected military unit that teaches their folks to manually cock the hammer on their P226's before doing a press-check, to make pulling the slide back easier.

    I was at work the other day where a buddy had a guy pull out a very realistic looking BB gun and point it at him, pulling the trigger the whole time. My friend kept hearing the clicking sound of the trigger, and surmised it must not be a real gun, because a "real gun" like a Glock, won't keep going "click" if you pull the trigger over and over. I tell this story to illustrate that the newer folks are so ingrained in striker fire weapons that they forget that isn't the only type.

    Leave a comment:


  • Steve_In_29
    replied
    Originally posted by Exiledviking
    Why do you frequent Calguns.net? It appears that you know everything there's to know regarding pistols...
    And the point of your cut and paste was.......?

    Did the facts I posted happen to rain on your "92s are the neatest thing since sliced bread" parade as well?

    Leave a comment:


  • solislbc
    replied
    Originally posted by ljgrasso
    Agree, good option. Put one on an XD9 for my GF.
    Thats a fine idea but a little tougher to conceal with that end piece. I belive the OP mentioned they are applying for a CCW.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1