Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking for an easy "racking" 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • solislbc
    replied
    IMHO smaller (subcompact) pistol get a little tougher to rack because some of the springs are inherently designed to deal with the recoil of a much smaller platform.

    ie, a subcompact glock 26 and an S&W sheild take a little more force than say a glock 17 or 19.

    I .380 would suggest a revolver.

    Leave a comment:


  • Exiledviking
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve_In_29
    I guess you missed it when I stated 17+yrs in the Marines and that I had indeed handled brand new 92s. In my current job as a civilian I have been around active/former military ALL day long for the last 20 years and not once have I ever heard any of them comment that the M9 is a "great" pistol. Heck I only know one guy in all that time that even bought one. Most conversations center around 1911s followed by Glocks and lately M&Ps.


    Sure it would, you really don't know much about the military do you. The military is VERY resistant to change when it comes to weapons and as long as something is "adequate" it will continue in service.

    That being said, it appears the 92 is no longer considered even "adequate" by our military, as the Marines just bought a bunch of 1911s and the Army (and thus the other services as well) is soliciting bids for a NEW pistol. One that by the spec's given, the 92 definitely isn't in the running for.

    As to the 92s "popularity" I would venture it is WAY back in the pack and barely a blip on the radar behind 1911s, Glock, S&W, SA, Ruger, etc and that once Beretta looses the military contracts it might even be canceled.
    Why do you frequent Calguns.net? It appears that you know everything there's to know regarding pistols...

    Leave a comment:


  • JDay
    replied
    The VP9 was designed to be easily racked by people with reduced strength.

    Leave a comment:


  • RustyIron
    replied
    A good friend of mine is getting up there in years and has the same problem racking the slide. He's switched to carrying .380s most of the time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sousuke
    replied
    Just to add to what others are saying. I bought a 92 from a Calgunner here and its been super fun and reliable not to mention accurate. It is easy to rack and getting smoother by the day.

    But its probably too large. Maybe the compact version will work?
    Last edited by Sousuke; 11-23-2014, 9:59 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • ElvenSoul
    replied
    HiPoint C9

    Leave a comment:


  • ljgrasso
    replied
    Originally posted by stix213
    You could consider attaching one of these to the slide

    Agree, good option. Put one on an XD9 for my GF.

    Leave a comment:


  • Steve_In_29
    replied
    Originally posted by MXRider
    Meh, if you don't like the gun that's fine. I enjoy my 92A1's. Carry on.
    Sounds familiar.
    Originally posted by Steve_In_29
    (Post#75)You like it then it's fine by me .....

    Have a happy high desert day.

    Leave a comment:


  • kombidude
    replied
    My wife has a m&p shield she likes it a lot. Her first ccw gun was a Khar CW9 she picked it out for the ease of the slide but turned out that she hated the long trigger pull on it. Take her to a well stocked gun shop and let her find what feels best.
    Good luck.

    Leave a comment:


  • angelina
    replied
    Originally posted by kentactic

    Some women are more passive and tend to want to follow the slide back into battery so it doesn't slam. Showing them they can simply grip, rip and release, makes it very easy for them to run the slide effectively. Letting her know that she can't hurt the gun is important. Tell her to try and rip the slide off the back of the gun. There's no need to use excess muscle to slowly or nicely bring the slide back. Also using a full handed grip on the slide is important. None of that slingshot grip nonsense.
    ^^^^ this.

    also, try teaching her to rack it WITHOUT any rounds anywhere near her. She might have a little bit of hesitation and trying to be slow and careful out of fear. I've seen this many times. throw a snap cap or dummy round in your magazine and let her get the hang of it that way. stress keeping finger off trigger, safety, etc etc and let her practice.

    Leave a comment:


  • angelina
    replied
    +1 for glock 19 and +1 for 92fs

    Leave a comment:


  • bountyhunter
    replied
    Originally posted by Rizzo
    My wife has a S&W M&P 9mm but recently does not have the strength to rack that semi-auto anymore.
    She can rack my Ruger SR22 OK (22LR) but since we are both heading towards getting a CCW permit I'd like to get her another smaller 9mm that she can rack successfully.
    I do have a Ruger SP101 snubbie revolver but she would prefer to have more rounds and faster reloading (mag) if needed so a semi-auto is the preferred gun.

    Anybody have some first hand experience on which 9mm would be the easiest?...or any other suggestions?

    Thanks.
    My 72 year old sister likes to shoot 9mm but has hand problems. The only 9mm she can rack is my Beretta 92FS. Has the D hammer spring and the stock 12# recoil spring.

    Leave a comment:


  • emy
    replied
    chk the rock island 9mm and 22tcm combo

    Leave a comment:


  • MXRider
    replied
    Originally posted by JDay
    Then the USPc I bought last week costs more than you make in 6 months.
    You're supposed to say "you'd be surprised what I make in a month".

    Leave a comment:


  • JDay
    replied
    Originally posted by VoR
    Doesn't matter. Glock 7 costs more than you make in a month.
    Then the USPc I bought last week costs more than you make in 6 months.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1