Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking for an easy "racking" 9mm

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kishfisser
    replied
    Another option and forgive me I do not have the link, but my girlfriend looked up on you tube for different ways to rack the slide. It has made a world of difference to push the grip while holding the slide.

    Also my broken in Ruger P-89 slide is far more manageable for her.

    Leave a comment:


  • kjv146
    replied
    IMO, find the shield's slide fairly easy to rack. maybe once it's well broken in, 400 rounds or so.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mitch
    replied
    Originally posted by creampuff
    Otherwise, have your wife hold the slide, and then charge the slide by holding the slide steady and racking with the grip instead. Essentially hold the slide steady, and then push the frame forward. The grip of the frame is easier to hold onto than the small scallops on a slide.
    That's good advice, but another problem I have seen women have with pistols is reliably engaging the slide lock with their small hands.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bansh88
    replied
    I'm thinking if she has a hard time racking a slide, she's gonna have just as hard a time doing a tac-reload.
    Definitley sounds like a revolver is needed here. Might have to give up on packing all those extra mags.

    Leave a comment:


  • creampuff
    replied
    My wife has the same problem and yes like Mitch states, a revolver is a good solution. I have also found the charging supports on the VP9 is very helpful.

    Otherwise, have your wife hold the slide, and then charge the slide by holding the slide steady and racking with the grip instead. Essentially hold the slide steady, and then push the frame forward. The grip of the frame is easier to hold onto than the small scallops on a slide.

    Leave a comment:


  • MXRider
    replied
    Pretty much every Beretta 92 series I've ever used had a very smooth and easy to manipulate slide.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mitch
    replied
    I have a suggestion.

    Get your wife a .38 Special revolver. They are easier to use than pistols and she won't have to rack the slide.

    One of my biggest issues with semi-autos, especially for people with limited arm strength, is the need to rack the slide with alacrity. There is nothing wrong with a good revolver.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rizzo
    started a topic Looking for an easy "racking" 9mm

    Looking for an easy "racking" 9mm

    My wife has a S&W M&P 9mm but recently does not have the strength to rack that semi-auto anymore.
    She can rack my Ruger SR22 OK (22LR) but since we are both heading towards getting a CCW permit I'd like to get her another smaller 9mm that she can rack successfully.
    I do have a Ruger SP101 snubbie revolver but she would prefer to have more rounds and faster reloading (mag) if needed so a semi-auto is the preferred gun.

    Anybody have some first hand experience on which 9mm would be the easiest?...or any other suggestions?

    Thanks.
Working...
UA-8071174-1