Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help!! put lock on backwards.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    owenriquez
    Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 281

    i live in Daly City maybe i can help you if you're close
    PM me if you need my number

    Comment

    • #32
      hambam105
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2013
      • 7083

      If you carried a back-up you could shoot the lock off.

      Comment

      • #33
        Eat Dirt
        Calguns Addict
        • Nov 2007
        • 9731

        O K ,,,,Here's the Deal

        I had this happen to a storage shed out back
        Daughter went to lock it up in the evening and didn't look which way the lock was going on

        Here's how I fixed the problem :

        You have two keys ...Right

        Take one key to your bench vice , Bend it at 90 Angle
        Then carefully slid key into lock and turn and pull open

        Once open take bent key back to bench vice
        Try to straighten..........If it doesn't
        Use second key !!!!
        Last edited by Eat Dirt; 10-03-2014, 10:20 PM.
        --------------------------------------------------------------

        I miss the Good 'ol days of Cal -Guns

        Comment

        • #34
          Anthracis
          Banned
          • Jan 2014
          • 966

          ***
          Last edited by Anthracis; 10-09-2014, 11:20 PM.

          Comment

          • #35
            big al
            Member
            • May 2008
            • 283

            Are you not able to just pull it out? It should just slide out just how you lock it in the right position.

            Comment

            • #36
              boy&hisdogs
              Member
              • Apr 2014
              • 399

              Originally posted by Sizzlechest
              So I took my brother to the range today. He packed my G21 and put on the lock backwards. So I can't get the key in since it blocked by the case's handle. I imagine I have to cut it but wanted to know if anyone had had a similar experience and had any other ideas. Will a lock Smith cut it?
              Step 1: Cut lock
              Step 2: Rescue pistol and store it securely
              Step 3: Once pistol is secure, take pieces of lock
              Step 4: Put them in a sock
              Step 5: Whomp the idiot who puts a lock on backwards. I wasn't even aware you could do that.

              Comment

              • #37
                E=mc2
                Junior Member
                • May 2014
                • 14

                Don't ask how I know, but use a pair of channel locks and put one jaw on the end of the shackle and one on the lock body, squeeze hard and this thread will be closed. It really isn't locked it just stuck. Trust me!

                Comment

                • #38
                  L84CABO
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 8776

                  Seriously Bro...do you even Dremel?
                  "Kestryll I wanna lick your doughnut."

                  Fighter Pilot

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    ArmedCMT
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 2036

                    The lock body completely separates from the shackle. Cut the shackle, pull the bits through the lock and buy a replacement shackle.

                    Call a locksmith and tell them you need to order a replacement shackle for a master lock 517D.
                    If you need more help just send me a pm.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      jben
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Oct 2008
                      • 2042

                      The answer has already been posted a couple times. It isn't locked. Just pull it back apart.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        TKM
                        Onward through the fog!
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jul 2002
                        • 10657

                        Originally posted by jben
                        The answer has already been posted a couple times. It isn't locked. Just pull it back apart.
                        Type louder.
                        It's not PTSD, it's nostalgia.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          SanPedroShooter
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 9732

                          Have you tried shouting at it?

                          If that doesn't work, call 911

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            cannon
                            In Memoriam
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 8589

                            Originally posted by E=mc2
                            Don't ask how I know, but use a pair of channel locks and put one jaw on the end of the shackle and one on the lock body, squeeze hard and this thread will be closed. It really isn't locked it just stuck. Trust me!
                            Winner winner chicken dinner.
                            ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              teg33
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2013
                              • 3441

                              I got same experience with the same lock. Just hammered it couple time, problem solved

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                71MUSTY
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Mar 2014
                                • 7029

                                You could always shoot it. LOL
                                Only slaves don't need guns

                                Originally posted by epilepticninja
                                Americans vs. Democrats
                                We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


                                We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


                                What doesn't kill me, better run

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1