Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Trouble with Palmetto State Armory....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Steve G
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 1931

    Credit card dispute. Bet you get a call fast. I wouldn't pay to ship defective merchandise back, PSA should pay.

    Comment

    • #17
      Slugz
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2013
      • 521

      Originally posted by Hot Holster
      Took me less than a minute to figure what you need to do. Go to the red portion and read. Then go to PSA website, scroll to the bottom, look for Terms and Conditions, scroll to find what is in red and there is a link. And FYI, they've only been back to work after the holidays for two and a half days. At the prices they were selling stuff, they may not answer the phones for a week.

      TERMS AND CONDITIONS

      Contact Information:

      We are experiencing an extremely high volume of calls to customer service.
      If you receive a recorded message or busy signal please be patient with us as we are working to resolve this issue and accommodate all of our wonderful customers.

      Customer Service: compliments-concerns-complaints
      Website: 1-803-724-6950 or email:
      Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am - 7pm EST

      Order volume is at never before seen levels. We are working as fast as we can to process your orders. Please allow up to 5 business days for your order to ship.

      FFL Inquiries/Transfers: 803-724-6932 or email: or Fax: 803-788-7979

      Please allow up to 15 business days for your firearms order to ship.

      Firearms Training Division/CWP Classes/Events: 1.803.394.3545 or email:



      Purchasing/Cancellations/Returns
      Purchasing Protocol: All payments are processed immediately upon placement of order. It is the responsibility of the customer to know and be in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws related to selling, transferring, possessing, transporting or using a firearm in the locality in which the customer resides. .
      Order Cancellation Policy: Orders placed with Palmetto State Armory may be cancelled by the customer prior to the item having shipped. All cancellation requests must be made through the Customer Service Department, reachable by phone at 1-803-724-6950, during customer service hours of Monday through Friday, 8am - 7pm EST Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday. If the item/package has shipped, the order may not be cancelled and the customer must follow all rules applicable to returns. Please note that the return of the item/package will be made at the customer's expense. Any order that was previously cancelled by the customer may not be reversed. All cancellations are final.
      Return Policies:
      A. Firearms, Ammunition, and Clothing:
      All sales of firearms, loaded ammunition and clothing are FINAL, and returns are NOT ACCEPTED. Once a firearm is transferred to a customer's name, Palmetto State Armory will not accept a return or exchange under any circumstance. If a defect is discovered by the customer after shipment and transfer of ownership, the customer must contact the firearm manufacturer directly for replacement or repair.
      B. All Other Purchases:
      Return shipping is solely the responsibility of the customer. If the purchased item(s) is defective or damaged upon receipt, or if the customer is not satisfied with a purchased item(s) and wishes to return it for a refund or replacement, the customer may return the item(s) to Palmetto State Armory WITHIN 30 DAYS of the date of receipt of delivery of the purchased item. All returns MUST INCLUDE a completed Return Merchandise Form in the package with the returned item in order for Palmetto State Armory to process the request and issue a refund or replace the item.
      (Please click here to download and print a Return Merchandise Form). All returned items must be in the same condition as when they were shipped by Palmetto State Armory and must be returned in original packaging. The customer will be assessed a re-stocking fee of 25% of the product sales price if the items are not returned in resalable condition, as determined in the discretion of Palmetto State Armory. If the customer fails to include a Return Merchandise Form with the returned item(s), or if the Return Merchandise Form is incomplete, Palmetto State Armory will NOT process a refund or replacement for the item(s) and the package will be returned to the customer.
      *Note: Please note that customers who send in upper receivers for repair must also print and include a completed copy of the Return Merchandise Form.
      Cool story bro. Tell it again. Don't forget to include the part that says my defective item must be in resellable condition and incur a restocking fee. And let's not debate "common sense"... I see writing... Black and white matters, presumptions don't. Don't forget to also ignore the fact that i tried to contact them via email before trying via phone. And please... No more talk about how "overwhelmed" they must be. They weren't too overwhelmed to take my money and it really is none of my business how they run their show. I'm a customer and service to me should be a priority. If it's not, that's a problem... And it's their problem, not mine.


      That said, I'm with the rest of you. Their service sucks. I'm going to try to get my refund via vortex.

      Comment

      • #18
        adamjay
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 1400

        Return shipping is solely the responsibility of the customer. If the purchased item(s) is defective or damaged upon receipt, or if the customer is not satisfied with a purchased item(s) and wishes to return it for a refund or replacement, the customer may return the item(s) to Palmetto State Armory WITHIN 30 DAYS of the date of receipt of delivery of the purchased item.

        Looks to me like it says very clearly that they can send you defective junk and it is your responsibility to pay to ship it back. Don't we agree to those conditions when we order from them? I'm not sure if a credit card dispute is justified. Am I wrong here?

        Pretty crummy policy, though. I've ordered a lot from them, sometimes shipping takes a loooong time, but I've always won the luck of the draw. The multitude of bad reviews of their customer service has prevented me from many purchases I might otherwise have made.

        I had an eotech 512 that was defective out of the box, eotech paid for shipping and promptly replaced it, can't say that I lost faith in their product, everybody produces duds sometimes.

        Perhaps contacting Vortex for a refund is your best bet.
        Last edited by adamjay; 07-09-2014, 7:56 PM.
        'The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable living from a small piece of land.'

        -Abraham Lincoln

        Comment

        • #19
          Slugz
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 521

          Originally posted by Steve G
          Credit card dispute. Bet you get a call fast. I wouldn't pay to ship defective merchandise back, PSA should pay.
          ^this

          Comment

          • #20
            pitbull30
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2005
            • 3053

            (803)788-9095

            Leave a detailed message and receive a email correcting the problem.

            Comment

            • #21
              ocabj
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2005
              • 7924

              I like Brownells customer service. I had an RMR for a little over a month where the front glass element literally flew off during firing and I couldn't find it in the snow (literally snow on the ground at the range). Called Brownells while at the range and they arranged for a new one to be sent out and just told me to send back the broken one in the shipping box the replacement arrives in.

              Distinguished Rifleman #1924
              NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
              NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

              https://www.ocabj.net

              Comment

              • #22
                SSOUNN
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2011
                • 846

                I'm hoping everything will be alright for me, I was planning to order a rifle kit this weekend for another build, then I came across this thread.. Should I worry..??

                Comment

                • #23
                  Slugz
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • 521

                  Plan on waiting a week or more for it to ship. If you have to call them for anything after you get it, forget about it... But if it works out of the box you should be fine. I love my lower build kit from psa. I'm just pissed i can't get in touch with them when i need to. It shouldn't be this hard

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    4Defense
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 874

                    If you want a refund, deal with PSA .

                    If you want a replacement, call Vortex .

                    Why would Vortex give you a refund on PSA's price?

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Chaos47
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 6615

                      Call them when they open 08:00 EST / 05:00 PST and you will be on hold for little to no time.

                      The one time I had a problem (my mistake, browser autofilled address info wrong) I was on hold for like 5 minutes max and got great service when I called right when they opened.

                      I have never had them mess up my order over multiple orders, over multiple years from when they were just a small startup shop to the multiple store / large internet company they are now.

                      I don't deny that I read occasional posts about them shipping the wrong item or the like but if you read the updates they always make it right in the end. Not to mitigate OP's problem but I'm a firm believer that happy customers will always post less than and be less vocal than someone whose order goes wrong. So no, people like SSOUNN you should not be afraid to order from PSA.

                      Guess by some peoples measure in this thread this makes me a fanboy. I guess I am, I love PSA's quality and bargain prices. I'm Sorry they sent you a defective unit OP but really its Vortex's fault. Like others have said want a refund.. PSA.. want a new unit... call Vortex. One way or another you will get it sorted out. And again yes I agree, it sucks that you didn't get what you paid for.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        SSOUNN
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 846

                        Thanks guys, I just didn't want to go through such a hassle, knowing I'm not patient myself haha.. But won't know till I go through it myself right.. Lol

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Hot Holster
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2012
                          • 912

                          Originally posted by Slugz
                          Cool story bro. Tell it again. Don't forget to include the part that says my defective item must be in resellable condition and incur a restocking fee. And let's not debate "common sense"... I see writing... Black and white matters, presumptions don't. Don't forget to also ignore the fact that i tried to contact them via email before trying via phone. And please... No more talk about how "overwhelmed" they must be. They weren't too overwhelmed to take my money and it really is none of my business how they run their show. I'm a customer and service to me should be a priority. If it's not, that's a problem... And it's their problem, not mine.


                          That said, I'm with the rest of you. Their service sucks. I'm going to try to get my refund via vortex.
                          Hey, don't rag on me. That's their policy not mine, so cop your attitude with them.
                          You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home, the first two things you're going to do are, 1) Call someone with a gun, 2) Pray they get there in time.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            faris1984
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2013
                            • 2387

                            Can you please tell me how is the voretx is defective?
                            I have one and I see more than one solid dot.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Dano3467
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 7381

                              I received return shipper label, but still ended up getting charged 5% restock fee for there mistake. And blew me off...

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                CWDraco
                                Banned
                                • May 2007
                                • 3359

                                People who want to buy cheap need to learn why things are cheap. You get what you pay for. You didnt pay for "Brownells customer service", so why are you expecting that out of a one room operation with Mom answering the phone? <- Please note I wrote , "Phone" and NOT "Phones"

                                Its not PSA's fault Vortex sent bad product. Now you have to either pay shiiping to get PSA to work this out, and if you did something that would viod PSA's contract with Vortex...like color fill or paint the item, you will also be charged a 25% restocking fee, which is basically what Vortex is going to charge PSA to take the item back and credit them a new one.

                                If you would have just bought the Item for $5.00 more somewhere else and had this issue, the extra $5 pays for multiple phone lines with multiple "moms" answering phone lines.

                                Vortex's return rate is very very low, and I am sorry for your trouble, but again its what to expect out of the shop you bought it at. PSA exists as a small business with a large customer base. They keep those prices low by keeping overhead low...like phone lines and automated return policies.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1