Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Robbing people at gun ranges!?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Nor*Cal
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 2687

    Originally posted by williamcm
    Unfortunately, I'm sure these criminal ****bags observe people fully locking up their personal defense.
    Don't give them so much credit. Reality is most likely the opposite. Most criminals are very stupid.

    Comment

    • #32
      Not a Cook
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2013
      • 1684

      Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
      Platt and Maddox, the miami FBI shooters, got their guns by rolling up on people in the swamps shooting, and getting the drop on them. This is at informal shooting spots with no prohibitions against CCW.

      A wise man once said be pleasant, be polite, but have a plan to kill every person you meet.
      Originally posted by I Swan
      That is who I was thinking about when I made my 1st post. Guy I knew, his son in law got robbed of a new Glock on BLM land he was being watched from a distance they pounced when they saw him out of ammo and packing up to leave.
      That's why one of the lessons my Dad taught me was that, when we were skeet shooting together on private land, I ALWAYS HAD TO BE READY TO FIRE, just in case it was necessary. If he was loading the thrower (or any other time he didn't have a gun in his hands), I had to have mine ready. He drummed that one into me. He told me you never know when someone is going to come up and want to cause problems. And, unfortunately, sometimes "problems" are attracted to the sound of gunfire.
      Regarding the 2nd Amendment:
      "...to disarm the people ― that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason ("The Father of the Bill of Rights")

      Regarding Life and Death:
      "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:28

      The BIG question: "What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?" Matthew 27:22b

      Comment

      • #33
        uhlan1
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2012
        • 6217

        Easy pickins'. Think my county has a grand total of 14 carry permits. Guns nice and legally locked in a case. happened at a range here in Watsonville about a year ago. One victim was shot in the leg by the armed criminal.
        "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

        Comment

        • #34
          Dano3467
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2013
          • 7381

          So how would it play out if firearm stolen at gun point at the range, or parking lot (all locked up and legal like)..( and lets toss in, county unjustly denied CCW of victim to defend him/her self ).

          Weapon ends up at shooting of prominent Democrat.

          How would media spin it...

          Comment

          • #35
            1Snowball
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2013
            • 644

            I shoot at the police range...


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment

            • #36
              sealocan
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2012
              • 9956

              as noted above I'm always most careful leaving any range.

              make sure your not a followed back to your house...

              in fact I always stop by my least favorite friends home and go in and hang out for a minute in case I am.

              okay I'm just joking but if anyone wants to be my friend let me know.

              Comment

              • #37
                mlevans66
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2009
                • 9516

                Originally posted by Gryff
                Which is why I ALWAYS have a loaded mag or speed loader in my pocket for the gun that I'm shooting.
                From now on this ^
                The liberal see's the glass as half full and tries to take more.
                The conservative see's glass as half empty and tries to keep it that way.
                I'm with the people on the side just pouring water in the glass trying to get a drink!

                Comment

                • #38
                  epilepticninja
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 4166

                  Whenever I'm out and about with my guns to go shoot, I'm CCW'ing. I don't care about the range policies.
                  Former political prisoner who escaped on 9-24-23.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    weespeed
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 515

                    Originally posted by Gryff
                    Which is why I ALWAYS have a loaded mag or speed loader in my pocket for the gun that I'm shooting.
                    But if your gun is in your bag that you're carrying and the perp has a gun to your face, I don't see how having a loaded mag is going to do anything.

                    I'm with the poster that said carry inside and once inside empty and before you leave re-carry out.

                    If perp has gun in your face and you give him/her your bag as soon as they think they are clear, pull your piece and see how fast they drop or run.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      hellayella
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2012
                      • 5578

                      2 words...situational awareness..

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        09rubicon
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 2133

                        Originally posted by john67elco
                        My range allows ccw holders to walk in loaded. If they wouldn't I wouldn't go there.
                        Same here. Just no holster work. If you want to pull out and shoot your CCW then pull it out and shoot. Reload and holster when your done, just no practicing holster work.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          GardoneVT
                          Member
                          • Apr 2014
                          • 434

                          Originally posted by hellayella
                          2 words...situational awareness..
                          All the SA in the world won't save you if your attacker is armed and you legally are not.

                          Bad guy wants a 1911? All they have to do is pick out the guy walking in with a "KIMBER" box, and rob him on the way out. Even in a state with shall issue CCW maybe one person in ten carries .

                          Principles I live by: never go to the range unarmed, never bring just my carry pistol to shoot, and always use a nondescript range bag with a plain box.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            drdarrin@sbcglobal.net
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2011
                            • 2219

                            Originally posted by epilepticninja
                            Whenever I'm out and about with my guns to go shoot, I'm CCW'ing. I don't care about the range policies.

                            Same here.
                            And I always have ammo left for at least my carry when I'm done with practice.
                            NRA Life Member
                            GOA Life Member
                            USMC '71 - '78

                            "I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
                            Edward Everett Hale

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              DennisCA
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 4069

                              The only robbery I've seen at the gun ranges, is the range fees!

                              Every time I go out the prices have gone up again!
                              "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke speech of 23 April 1770, "Thoughts on the Cause of the Present Discontents," delivered to the House of Commons.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Bigbuyer2477
                                Junior Member
                                • Jun 2014
                                • 88

                                Originally posted by GardoneVT
                                All the SA in the world won't save you if your attacker is armed and you legally are not.

                                Bad guy wants a 1911? All they have to do is pick out the guy walking in with a "KIMBER" box, and rob him on the way out. Even in a state with shall issue CCW maybe one person in ten carries .

                                Principles I live by: never go to the range unarmed, never bring just my carry pistol to shoot, and always use a nondescript range bag with a plain box.
                                I don't go anywhere unarmed unless prohibited.

                                But the truth is if someone is already pointing a gun at you then you are already beat. At that point it's best to deescalate and give them what they want, and live to fight another day.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1