Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

sunglasses/range glasses

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LAKings22
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 1781

    sunglasses/range glasses

    I currently have 2 $10-$15 clear range eye protection glasses. However, I usually end up using a pair of Ray Ban aviator type glasses I use everyday and also end up using at the range.

    The problem with the Ray Ban glasses I have, it's not very friendly for outdoor activities (shooting, fishing, golfing). Once I start sweating a little, glasses start sliding down or becomes very difficult to line up my sights while shooting.

    What everyday type glasses do you guys recommend, that also works great while shooting at the range or any other outdoor sports/hunting? I'm willing on spending upto $200 for a pair that I can use everyday.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
  • #2
    Kurus214
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Mar 2012
    • 478

    Reported
    The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen

    sigpic
    CGF/SAF/FPC Supporter

    "There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order.

    Comment

    • #3
      bigbearbear
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2011
      • 5378

      If you want something very good:
      For over 30 years, Pilla has provided the very best in shooting sports eyewear and is exclusively partnered with ZEISS for our design engineering. All of our products are certified as optically perfect. More professional shooting champions use Pilla as part of their competitive gear than all other glasses combined.

      Comment

      • #4
        IVC
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jul 2010
        • 17640

        Of the more traditional brands, Oakley makes impact resistant glasses that are certified to ANSI Z87.1 standard for impact. They are in your price range.
        sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

        Comment

        • #5
          customiiguy
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 1666

          Kurus y did u report him?

          Comment

          • #6
            mikenewgun87
            In Memoriam
            • Jul 2011
            • 7732

            Originally posted by Kurus214
            Reported


            You obviously are a troll...

            Comment

            • #7
              mikenewgun87
              In Memoriam
              • Jul 2011
              • 7732

              Oh, OP i wear oakley "M frames with polarized lenses" had them in Iraq and Afganistan, protected my eyes there and in the States....kinda pricey but it still looks good(IMO) and they have a ballistic protection rating...

              Comment

              • #8
                Jimmybacon43
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2013
                • 2000

                I just use random cheap sunglasses that fit well. Should probably get some real safety glasses........
                Originally posted by RookieShooter
                One of the theory is that the hormones they put in the milk. That is why there are more obesity and homosexual today then back in the 60's.

                Comment

                • #9
                  5ZS
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2014
                  • 1047

                  Check out Oakley's Active line: http://www.oakley.com/store/products...glasses/active

                  Get one with a metal frame, so you can bend it more to your head.
                  Nose plugs really help as well.
                  And lastly, I like Oakley's optics best with Bronze Polarized, but that is just personal preference.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    madsend81
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2012
                    • 925

                    ANSI Z87.1 is the standard for safety glasses. You can order some from Grainger.com, Mcmaster.com, Fastenal.com, and most any shooting sport website

                    Here is a link to Grainger's selection of eyewear:http://www.grainger.com/category/saf...atalog%2FN-k2a Use the selection tools on the left to select the lens color. There are some in the <$10 range. No reason to go cheap and not have rated eye protection. Also, shipping to Grainger stores is free, I believe.
                    Disclaimer: For all you know, I am just some dude on the internet. The advice I give is worth what you have paid for it!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ditchdigger
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 976

                      Decot Hy-Wyd

                      The bridge keeps them off of your face which keeps sweat, skin oils off of the lenses.

                      You can adjust them so that you are looking through the center of the lens when you are position shooting.

                      They have a variety of interchangeable lens colors.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        diveRN
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 1743

                        I've worn Smith Optics sunglasses for almost 15 years save for a brief period when I strayed and tried some Oakleys. Hated the Oakleys personally.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          nhattran_1528
                          Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 158

                          Originally posted by LAKings22

                          The problem with the Ray Ban glasses I have, it's not very friendly for outdoor activities (shooting, fishing, golfing). Once I start sweating a little, glasses start sliding down or becomes very difficult to line up my sights while shooting.

                          Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                          http://www.chums.com/ I use eyewear retainers to keep my glasses from sliding when I start to sweat!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            VoxVeritasVita
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Feb 2013
                            • 676

                            Smith Optics sets the standard for high-performance sunglasses, goggles and helmets. Shop on the official Smith Optics online store for free shipping and easy returns.


                            Smith Aegis - Echo or Arc

                            Adjustable and have special nose piece for flatter noses. Awesome fit and clear.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ralph.garmin
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2014
                              • 319

                              ***
                              Last edited by ralph.garmin; 10-05-2014, 1:01 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1