Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dress Code at Public Gun Range?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    njineermike
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2010
    • 9784

    Originally posted by mossy
    its no fun if you ruin the surprise.
    Lol. Plenty won't get far enough to see the spoiler and will find out the hard way.
    Originally posted by Kestryll
    Dude went full CNN...
    Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth

    Comment

    • #32
      -hanko
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jul 2002
      • 14174

      Originally posted by madjack956
      I think we have enough rules...
      Not nearly enough rules...you forgot you're in California.


      Originally posted by Excelsior
      So?
      See what I mean.
      True wealth is time. Time to enjoy life.

      Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

      Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

      A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran

      Comment

      • #33
        keenkeen
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2011
        • 6782

        "But far more numerous was the herd of such, Who think too little and who talk too much." -John Dryden

        Comment

        • #34
          pitbull30
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2005
          • 3053

          Originally posted by njineermike
          You need to hang a round a little more. This guy has a long standing habit of pontificating on on the minutea what others should and shouldn't do, and how they comport themselves. He starts threads like this then they devolve into him lecturing everyonoe on how they should adhere to his standard. He doesn't want your opinion, he wants to talk condescendingly to as many people as possible.
          Didn't beat that around the bush didja'

          Comment

          • #35
            lorax3
            Super Moderator
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Jan 2009
            • 4633

            Eyes, Ears, At least a Tshirt, and closed-toed footwear.
            You think you know, but you have no idea.

            The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.

            Comment

            • #36
              Lone_Gunman
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2009
              • 8396

              Originally posted by njineermike
              You need to hang a round a little more. This guy has a long standing habit of pontificating on on the minutea what others should and shouldn't do, and how they comport themselves. He starts threads like this then they devolve into him lecturing everyonoe on how they should adhere to his standard. He doesn't want your opinion, he wants to talk condescendingly to as many people as possible.
              Which is precisely why this thread looks like this to me:




              Him and Bigger Hammer are the only two that I've ever had on the ignore list. For a long time I prided myself on not having anyone on ignore, but I finally decided I was getting too old for that crap.
              Last edited by Lone_Gunman; 05-07-2014, 8:40 PM.

              Comment

              • #37
                mdib870
                Senior Member
                • Feb 2012
                • 1391

                I wear all red sag my pants and wear my chain

                Last edited by mdib870; 02-01-2014, 12:11 PM.
                give 'em the whole 9 yards

                Comment

                • #38
                  Lone_Gunman
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 8396

                  Originally posted by Manolito
                  If you own the range have it your way with as many rules as you like. If you are a guest at a range mind your own business. I mean this in all aspects. it is none of your business if your gun is better than mine or my bullets make you uncomfortable or I shoot a magnum without ear protection. Just plain and simple none of your business. I re-qualified recently on an outdoor range with four firing stations I was placed in number two position. To my right was a lady with a low cut blouse and push up bra. We fired seven rounds and number six and seven found their way down her blouse and apparently were hot judging the way she jumped around and then she looked at me and said why didn't you tell me that gun throws brass? Nobody will have to tell her how to dress next time she had a learning experience.

                  I only shoot at public ranges to qualify or compete as Ron White says you can not fix stupid.

                  If you are not the range officer my safety is none of your business. Try minding your own business is my rule of thumb.
                  You didn't offer to get the brass out for her?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    mdib870
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2012
                    • 1391

                    shirt pants and close toes shoes no one wants hot brass in your shoes
                    give 'em the whole 9 yards

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      john67elco
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 3155

                      Ban idiots that worry about what others are shooting and wearing.
                      Originally posted by Gwalker99
                      ""Calgunners couldn't wait to start falling all over themselves as to how to best comply""


                      half of you here are weak and lame that will basically wind up being happy with .22 single shot pistols or single barrel shotguns..

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Chaparral
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 1117

                        Well for the ladies at least, a pair of Daisy Dukes and an itty bitty bare-midriff tank top would be fine. For the guys, none of that bare belly crap from the 1980s and just make sure the 1970s dont call and ask for their shorts back.

                        Oh yah, eyes and ears = mandatory.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          omgwtfbbq
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 3445

                          When it comes to other people at public ranges my simple rule is just don't wear anything you wouldn't want people seeing you in. I'm not the safety or fashion police so if you wanna play stupid games that's fine by me, I'll have a front row seat to a Darwin Awards ceremony.

                          When it comes to my personal wear, there's a little stricter standard. I always wear ear/eye pro as well as a hat for sun/rain/wind protection. As far as non-safety related clothing, I usually dress for the type of shooting I plan to be doing that day.

                          If I plan to work on handgun skills I'm always going to wear my holster. I don't go to ranges that don't allow drawing from the holster (North of Sac there are plenty of publicly owned outdoor ranges that allow this) I typically wear either cargo pants or jeans and tucked-in polo or T-shirt. Closed toed shoes are a must. Better still, something with a heavy sole since people like to take glass and other sharp stuff out to the range and shoot it like idiots. Carbine shooting is usually the same attire. If I'm out to just bench shoot, I'm not really worried about my dress accept for safety and just common public decency.

                          If I want to work on drawing and shooting from concealment, I usually plan ahead and go to the LE range.

                          The only thing I do dislike seeing is people wearing is offensive or blatantly criminal or gang related clothing at ranges. Certainly doesn't make me feel safe, and if I don't feel safe, I'm not going to able to have a good time.
                          "Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt

                          Originally posted by rmorris7556
                          They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            pitbull30
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2005
                            • 3053

                            Ive never been to a range where someone has their shirt off. So I'm voting for shirt just in case this thread starts some sort of trend and some of you decide it's OK to show off your chest hair at the range.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              omgwtfbbq
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 3445

                              Originally posted by pitbull30
                              Ive never been to a range where someone has their shirt off. So I'm voting for shirt just in case this thread starts some sort of trend and some of you decide it's OK to show off your chest hair at the range.
                              From this I can say something definitive about you: You've never been to the Spenceville Range in Yuba County. I feel like there is an unwritten rule that at least one creepy shirtless guy has be present at all times.

                              It can be the dead of winter, raining and you can be the only one there and then all of a sudden a lifted pickup or beat up Astro Van will roll in and out comes Creeper McShirtless.
                              "Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt

                              Originally posted by rmorris7556
                              They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                morfeeis
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Apr 2010
                                • 7605

                                Yet another reason to hate CA, let people dress anyway they want. Unless it effects me its not my business . they don't to wear ears, fine let them go deaf etc etc etc. Now if the owner of a private range want to inact certain rules then so be it.
                                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                                Originally posted by Ayn Rand
                                You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1