Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Roomate might be a felon.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    mrChiBai
    Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 122

    Welcome to calguns!

    Don't be silly and ask him something like are you a felon. Talk about cops. Say something like man, driving home from X I saw some 3 cops pulling over an old lady and she had to sit on the curb looking all sad. Pigs make me so aaahhhh.

    Then wait and see if he fills in the blank or how he feels. THEN ask him if he's ever had a brush with the law. All felons hate the police. I never met a single guy who was happy that the police arrested them. If he is a felon, he'll be more than happy to have a police bashing session with you.

    And you can always buy a lock on your room door for like 30 bucks. It can still be broken but it helps keep honest people honest. I live with roomates and it just makes me feel better to know they're not going thru my stuff. If you never tell him you have guns and he doesn't have a chance to go thru your stuff, he'll never know and you'll never need to worry right?
    How many programmers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    None. That's a hardware problem.

    How many QA testers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    None. They just report it broken.

    Comment

    • #17
      Pvt. Cowboy
      Banned
      • Oct 2006
      • 2688

      Originally posted by SnipeShot
      I am going to be moving into my friends house and one of the rooms he rents i have a very high suspicion that he might be a felon.
      That little voice you have inside your head telling you not to get tangled up in this predicament is trying to protect you.

      Er, you DO have a little voice inside your head that tries to keep you out of trouble, don't you?

      Comment

      • #18
        ryang
        Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 499

        Don't forget that felons are prohibited from posessing ammo as well, so you want to keep that reasonably secured as well. Don't leave ammo in any common areas.

        Comment

        • #19
          hitman13
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2007
          • 3793

          some fo you guys are ****ing *******s who never give anyone a chance. just because someone ****ed up earlier in life does it mean that they have to pay forever? what, people cant change?

          yall need to go watch american history x and examine the storyline there.

          Comment

          • #20
            l_Z_l
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2008
            • 518

            Some of you guys have been brainwashed about felons as the anti's have been brain washed about guns. Just because someone is a felon they are automatically some f***ed up person. That's like seeing a AR and assuming that's it's a FA AW.

            IMO. Keep your ish locked up at all times. Get to know the guy. Then take it from there.

            Comment

            • #21
              tow4dough
              Member
              • Feb 2008
              • 182

              theres a difference between being a criminal and being a felon. some people get convicted of stupid stuff,especially when young.

              Comment

              • #22
                bruss01
                Calguns Addict
                • Feb 2006
                • 5336

                For the record, I don't believe felons in general should be denied firearms rights if they have completed their sentence.

                For starters, not all felons are violent criminals. There are all kinds of "paper felonies" ranging from embezzlement to felony graffiti (no joke this is actually a felony if over a certain dollar amt of damage).

                I might see some reason for denying violent felons firearms rights, once released, for a certain period of time to be sure they will not commit a violent crime with a firearm. This simply becomes a graduated extension of their imprisonment, giving back rights incrementally as they prove worthy of them. But denied for life? I don't think that makes sense.

                These are my thoughts on what "should be" in a world that conforms to what I personally think is right. But we don't live in that world, and with today's real world, and the convoluted laws that exist, it is too easy for someone to forget to lock a door, too easy to come home from the range pooped and leave the gun propped up in the corner overnight instead of locked up the instant you walk in the door, too easy to have a round of ammo fall out of your range bag or your pocket, maybe linger unfound in the sofa cushions for months. Keeping a felon and the gun&ammo as separate as matter and anti-matter is more difficult than it sounds in a casual domestic environment, and it is a recipe for trouble if the law ever gets involved.

                My advice would be why would you want to risk it if you had any choice in the matter?
                The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.

                Comment

                • #23
                  pullnshoot25
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 8068

                  Anyone watch the Office when they did an episode on the black guy with a felony and all it was was some financial crap?

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    berto
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 7723

                    I wouldn't ask, plausible deniability. I would get a safe and a door lock and keep everything locked regardless of housemates felon status.
                    "There are no outdoor sports as graceful as throwing stones at a dictatorship." Ai WeiWei

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Stormfeather
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 7739

                      Originally posted by hitman13
                      some fo you guys are ****ing *******s who never give anyone a chance. just because someone ****ed up earlier in life does it mean that they have to pay forever? what, people cant change?

                      yall need to go watch american history x and examine the storyline there.

                      Dont hold back man, tell us how you really feel!
                      Originally posted by Soldier415
                      I am naked except for seatless white chaps, a boonie hat and a tactical vest playing HALO.
                      Originally posted by oaklander
                      I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
                      Originally posted by ohsmily
                      I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
                      Originally posted by hoffmang
                      Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
                      -Gene

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Nose Nuggets
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Apr 2008
                        • 6801

                        Originally posted by VeryCoolCat
                        LOL.... dude, he might be a felon because he stole his ex-gfs mail, or beat the crap outa a guy he caught in bed with his wife and/or ex-gf Don't always judge so fast.
                        ill plus one this all day. some of the posts i read here are brutal. "why would you want to move in with a felon" crap. jeez. i know felons who are great people.


                        "It is to secure our rights that we resort to government at all." -Thomas Jefferson

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          SnipeShot
                          Member
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 356

                          I have heard him say he has to report to his parole officer and what not so I am assuming he is a felon. I know about 10 years ago his place was raided his brother also rents a room there that I have known from high school. I know his brother was in a car him and the driver drunk and high and killed 2 people on the camarillo grade on the 101 who had just gotten married. Now this was 7 years ago.

                          I am going to move in since i am in bad financial hardship and need a roof over my head. I anyone know where I can find a gun sage in the 200-300 dollar range? I have tons of ammo as well that I need to lockup along with some of my medication. I have had issues with people taking it from my own apartment who I trusted. My main concern is my WASR10 and 9mm. I was susposto get my grandfathers service revolver from ww2 but it was given away to a non family member when i tracked them down they traded it for a smaller hand gun.

                          Sorry it took so long to reply I was not receiving replies to this thread in my email box for some reason.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            hitman13
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2007
                            • 3793

                            Originally posted by Stormfeather
                            Dont hold back man, tell us how you really feel!
                            oh, you know me!!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              slowfire
                              Member
                              • Sep 2007
                              • 366

                              Exercise extra caution, we are talking about your firearms and your potential consequences of what may happen if things go south.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                JPglee1
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2006
                                • 3025

                                Originally posted by DrunkSkunk
                                does he know the squirrel master?



                                I can't give you my fruit, cuz then you'll want it every day and I won't get all my vitamins... LMAO

                                We get out in 11 days, isn't that right....fuzzy nuts *squeek squeek*


                                JP

                                LMFAO

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1