Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How is this NOT an SBR?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    killmime1234
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1536

    Originally posted by Quiet
    A handgun brace is CA legal and does not run afoul CA's assault weapons or SBR laws.
    I'm sure once it's on the CADOJ's radar, they'll release an opinion that it is a stock.

    Comment

    • #32
      joker70
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2012
      • 1208

      Defeats the purpose of having an SBR ie, close quarters. With the barrel sticking way out in front of you, it would be like a 20" barrel AR.
      "The only right more important than gun rights to cgn members is the right to be a drama queen..." jimx

      Comment

      • #33
        Sofatactical
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2013
        • 603

        pure idiocy.
        Sofa King Tactical!

        Comment

        • #34
          CAL.BAR
          CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
          • Nov 2007
          • 5632

          Originally posted by Exile Machine
          I believe the original purpose of the product was for handicapped shooters.

          -Mark
          OK - still don't get it. How does making a really heavy, awkward pistol with no real way to aim properly help a handicapped shooter?

          Just makes no sense.

          Comment

          • #35
            MrOrange
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2006
            • 2262

            Originally posted by mif_slim
            I didnt put it on HD but was that guy Travis?! Lol.

            Anyways, cool. Didnt someone on here make a prototype similar? Sig must of kacked it from them.

            Yep, and it looks like Sig kept the name:




            Those of you wondering how it helps, just try to imagine shooting an AR pistol when you only have one hand.

            Granted, you'd have to strap it down with your teeth, but after that yer GTG.
            I meant, it is my opinion that...






            I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
            I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
            You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

            Comment

            • #36
              8886
              Banned
              • Aug 2011
              • 1730

              I still don't see how the "Mare's Leg" (lever action w/cut down stock) isn't a SBR but when you put the AR pistol w/buffer tube into the equation, I guess it makes sense.

              Comment

              • #37
                MrOrange
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2006
                • 2262

                Originally posted by 8886
                I still don't see how the "Mare's Leg" (lever action w/cut down stock) isn't a SBR but when you put the AR pistol w/buffer tube into the equation, I guess it makes sense.
                An original Mare's Leg, a cut-down rifle, is an SBR. The modern Ranch Hands and such are built from the get-go as pistols, so they never were rifles, so therefore they can't be short barreled rifles.
                I meant, it is my opinion that...






                I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
                I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
                You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

                Comment

                • #38
                  killmime1234
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 1536

                  You guys are missing the point of this. Shooting is as it's intended to be shot has almost zero advantage over traditional AR pistol shooting. Everyone's getting excited about this because it could be shouldered like a stock without making it an SBR.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Falstaff
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 2317

                    Nothing new under the sun! Reminds me of the SPAS 12 arm hook (which takes prodigious arm/shoulder strength to achieve!)
                    It is uber mall ninja cool though...

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      elSquid
                      In Memoriam
                      • Aug 2007
                      • 11844

                      Originally posted by Falstaff
                      Nothing new under the sun! Reminds me of the SPAS 12 arm hook (which takes prodigious arm/shoulder strength to achieve!)
                      That's true!

                      It's time to re-introduce the Bushmaster Arm Pistol!





                      Tie the receiver to your forearm, and you are GTG!

                      -- Michael

                      Comment

                      • #41
                      • #42
                        glock_this
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2005
                        • 8225

                        Originally posted by killmime1234
                        Everyone's getting excited about this because it could be shouldered like a stock without making it an SBR.
                        Bingo.

                        And personally, I dig it and might just look into buying one. It "could" perform double duty if needed. I can appreciate when the industry makes something new like this.

                        MSRP on the SB15 is $139 - a little steep.
                        Last edited by glock_this; 04-30-2013, 3:34 PM.
                        10 +1 in the chamber

                        Comment

                        • #43
                          Ninety
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2012
                          • 4062

                          good for the guy who invented it..

                          wasn't this the child of necessity ?? For handicapped shooters?



                          hope SB15 got payed well and donated well..wonder if he gets royalties or just a check with bragging rights..
                          NRA Member
                          The Constitution does not bestow wisdom. It's up to the body politic to be wise. -Patriot
                          All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.
                          -Edmund Burke
                          I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
                          - Phil Dalmolin

                          The Battle of Athens was illegal too.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1