Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

kids in gun store

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    hellayella
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2012
    • 5578

    Originally posted by Hopalong
    When you bring your kids into a store, any store

    They should be supervised 100% of the time, and touch nothing, without asking first.

    If you get called on it, you should be embarrassed.

    If the store owner is bothered, he's bothered

    This is non debatable

    If you don't like the rules, take your business elsewhere
    ...Amen my brother, kids should be supervised..u touch it, u break it...ur azz pays for it...

    Comment

    • #47
      Dragunov
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 1953

      Originally posted by 1badman
      Have any of you been to your lgs with kids and have a employee tell them "dont play with that". Well I have and it kinda made me feel bad cause I keep an eye on them and the 5 seconds I don't they see my kids grab the zombie targets. Makes me not want to there no more cause I'm a little embarrassed by it because I'm not one of those parents.
      My gun dealer didn't have any problems with my teens handling the firearms at the store. Why? They're serious shooters and he knows it. He hands me the weapon, and I hand it to my daughters. MANY times, this has resulted in him selling me a weapon.

      Comment

      • #48
        paul0660
        In Memoriam
        • Jul 2007
        • 15669

        as long as they are behaved.
        There is a huge difference in definition of behaved, and would not call the OP's kids behaved from his description, but I was not there.

        They should be supervised 100% of the time, and touch nothing, without asking first.
        That covers it.
        *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

        Comment

        • #49
          ogarcia_02
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2011
          • 1398

          Originally posted by Hopalong
          When you bring your kids into a store, any store

          They should be supervised 100% of the time, and touch nothing, without asking first.

          If you get called on it, you should be embarrassed.

          If the store owner is bothered, he's bothered

          This is non debatable

          If you don't like the rules, take your business elsewhere
          I don't quite agree with this. Most of our kids will be future shooters and 2A rights will rest on them. OP stated that his kid was checking out some zombie targets, unless they started making them out of glass I don't see what the big deal was.

          There is nothing embarrassing about taking your kid with you to the gun store if they follow directions. I let my daughter play with the zombie stuff but have her put things back when she is done.

          Comment

          • #50
            ogarcia_02
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2011
            • 1398

            Originally posted by paul0660
            There is a huge difference in definition of behaved, and would not call the OP's kids behaved from his description, but I was not there.



            That covers it.
            What part of the description leads you to belive that the kid was not behaving? Making monster sounds while playing with zombie targets?

            Comment

            • #51
              Hopalong
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 2436

              Originally posted by ogarcia_02
              I don't quite agree with this. Most of our kids will be future shooters and 2A rights will rest on them. OP stated that his kid was checking out some zombie targets, unless they started making them out of glass I don't see what the big deal was.

              There is nothing embarrassing about taking your kid with you to the gun store if they follow directions. I let my daughter play with the zombie stuff but have her put things back when she is done.
              Are you serious?

              This has nothing to do with 2A rights.

              The kids were not following directions, unless the directions were to play with stuff without asking the owner first.

              And lastly, and most importantly, if the owner thinks it's a big deal

              Then it is. You have no say. None.

              Comment

              • #52
                00Medic
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 1941

                Haha. My little ones do the same thing. Zombie target = kid magnet. My LGS would never yell at my kids because I use to work there part-time.
                Kids are always asking when we can go back for more zombies.
                Originally posted by TeddyBallgame
                I've never understood why any of our Constitutional rights are governed by the very institution they were put in place to protect us from.
                Originally posted by POLICESTATE
                It is not wise to create criminals where none exist. Especially when those newly-minted criminals may or may not be heavily armed with guns you know nothing about.

                Comment

                • #53
                  ogarcia_02
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 1398

                  Originally posted by Hopalong
                  Are you serious?

                  This has nothing to do with 2A rights.

                  The kids were not following directions, unless the directions were to play with stuff without asking the owner first.

                  And lastly, and most importantly, if the owner thinks it's a big deal

                  Then it is. You have no say. None.
                  It's important for kids to have a good time when they accompany you to stores that you want to go. There are times when I have to take my daughter with me even to the gun store. Guess what since she gets to see cool zombie stuff she likes going there to look at the new merchandise that gets put up. If she had grumpy old men yelling at her she wouldn't want to go which would make my trip frustration and we would not go as frequently.

                  You think this has nothing to do with 2A? If our children are properly introduced to firearms and enjoy going to gun stores with their parents they will most likely end up enjoying firearms as well. Unless you want them to be scared of pastries shaped like guns or bubble guns I don't think it's unreasonal for children to go to the gun store with their parents.

                  Please explain what was so wrong with the kid playing with the zombie targets?

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    ogarcia_02
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 1398

                    Originally posted by 00Medic
                    Haha. My little ones do the same thing. Zombie target = kid magnet. My LGS would never yell at my kids because I use to work there part-time.
                    Kids are always asking when we can go back for more zombies.
                    My daughter is the same way. She loves zombies, at the park she chases us around pretending to be a zombie. My wife found a zombie app where you upload a pic and it zombifies the person, my daughter loves it and has zombified all three of us.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      adrenaline
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 1437

                      Try three kids. I signed papers and picked up a Sig 522 from Sacramento Black Rifle when it was the smaller configuration. My daughter was 2 1/2, son 4 and oldest 9. I always keep my eye on them even it means that I have to say "excuse me" and break away from the sales person.

                      Honest mistake though. I know how us big boys get in a gun store. Its hard to focus on anything but the beauty of the guns. LOL. Learn to master the watch the kid with your third eye technique and you'll be GTG next time.


                      "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"- Patrick Henry.

                      Our Founders Views Regarding the 2nd Amendment - Right to Keep and Bear Arms

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Hopalong
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 2436

                        Originally posted by ogarcia_02
                        It's important for kids to have a good time when they accompany you to stores that you want to go. There are times when I have to take my daughter with me even to the gun store. Guess what since she gets to see cool zombie stuff she likes going there to look at the new merchandise that gets put up. If she had grumpy old men yelling at her she wouldn't want to go which would make my trip frustration and we would not go as frequently.

                        You think this has nothing to do with 2A? If our children are properly introduced to firearms and enjoy going to gun stores with their parents they will most likely end up enjoying firearms as well. Unless you want them to be scared of pastries shaped like guns or bubble guns I don't think it's unreasonal for children to go to the gun store with their parents.

                        Please explain what was so wrong with the kid playing with the zombie targets?
                        What was wrong with the kid playing with the targets?

                        Simple. The grumpy old man that owned the store was bothered by it.

                        And his opinion is the only one that matters.

                        He obviously doesn't think kids are "cute" playing with his merchandise.

                        Look amigo, we are obviously from different generations.

                        I was made to keep my hands in my pockets, and not touch anything

                        In anyone's store, unless I asked first.

                        It's about being respectful of other's property.

                        And I might add, that this lesson is more far reaching in life

                        Than any so called lesson about 2A

                        Which this is not about

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Supertac916
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2012
                          • 2423

                          I like how my kids get compliments of how well behaved they are. They ask before they touch something, say thank you, please, and I tell them if they break it they pay for it. It's pretty simple and my kids are 4 and 5 years old. They even open doors for people, but my little one still not strong enough to open all doors. However, he tries to be polite.

                          The sooner they're responsible and respectful of their property and others. The sooner they get to learn how to shoot real guns.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            diverwcw
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 2693

                            Several years ago, I took my son, he was about 12 at the time, to a LGS. Even though he stuck right by my side through the whole time, the staff there treated him like dirt. Thinking it might have only been a quirk, we all make mistakes, I went back without him a time or two and received pretty much the same treatment from the sales staff. I checked them on Yelp and my feelings were not alone, there were numerous complaints about this place, some of the complaints actually named the employees involved. I added my two cents worth and have not been back.
                            sigpic

                            Former Front Sight Commander Member
                            NRA Benefactor Life Member www.nra.org
                            CRPA Life Member www.crpa.org
                            NRA Instructor: Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Range Safety Officer

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              spetsnaz
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 1502

                              i dont see anything wrong with kids in the gun store. if kids misbehave thats a sign of poor parenting.

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                Agent 0range
                                Senior Member
                                • Feb 2012
                                • 1040

                                Originally posted by Hopalong
                                When you bring your kids into a store, any store

                                They should be supervised 100% of the time, and touch nothing, without asking first.

                                If you get called on it, you should be embarrassed.

                                If the store owner is bothered, he's bothered

                                This is non debatable

                                If you don't like the rules, take your business elsewhere
                                Originally posted by Hopalong
                                What was wrong with the kid playing with the targets?

                                Simple. The grumpy old man that owned the store was bothered by it.

                                And his opinion is the only one that matters.

                                He obviously doesn't think kids are "cute" playing with his merchandise.

                                Look amigo, we are obviously from different generations.

                                I was made to keep my hands in my pockets, and not touch anything

                                In anyone's store, unless I asked first.

                                It's about being respectful of other's property.

                                And I might add, that this lesson is more far reaching in life

                                Than any so called lesson about 2A

                                Which this is not about
                                At the risk of being flamed, I just thought I'd add my 2 cents. While I agree that store owners set the rules and their opinions are all that really matter, the OP stated it was an employee who did the scolding, not the owner.
                                My 2 1/2 y/o daughter tries to "help" when shopping. When my wife takes her to the grocery store, she'll say "mommy, daddy needs coffee" and go grab a bag of coffee and throw it in the cart with a big proud smile. My wife promptly puts it back when she's not looking. I would never scold her for "touching merchandise" when she thinks she's being helpful.
                                I'm not trying to start an argument, just offering different situations where a child's actions can be mis-read by others. Some people just don't like kids and will be annoyed by their very presence. To each their own. I will continue to take my kids to my LGS's as they enjoy it and I've never noticed anyone upset by them being there. Those trips are some of my favorite "dates" with my daughter and she loves it too. It also gives mommy a well needed break!
                                Originally posted by Mezcalfud
                                Because a Glock looks great in the case and then when you take it home it feels like you're holding a Costco pack of Kielbasa.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1