Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

kids in gun store

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    619gamble
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 11

    Last month I went to buy a XD9 at my lgs I had my 1 1/2yo baby girl with me, when we entered it was busy and they had a hunting type dog roaming around of course I didn't grab the stroller before we left that day so I end up holding her most of the wait. Time comes for me to look at some pistols by this time iv established that the dog is the shops is well behaved and friendly, let my daughter down to pet dog and wander around alittle maybe 10mins goes by and I'm filling out the paperwork keeping an eye on her and the one minute I'm not looking she gets into something and the owner alerts me and gives a warning but that he doesn't mind her looking around.
    I felt alittle silly bringing my little girl to a gun store anyways and then when I was warned I felt even more like a choad so I almost didn't go back out of my own embarrassment BUT the owner and staff are all friendly people, fair prices so I figured I Bite the bullet and keep on going back to support them.

    Just my 2cents from another father who felt the same way, water under the bridge.

    Comment

    • #32
      SonofWWIIDI
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2011
      • 21583

      Don't sweat it if they weren't destructive or out of line.

      Maybe the next time you go to the store, take some donuts/pastries/cake or something and let them know you had a word with the youngsters and it won't happen again.
      Sorry, not sorry.
      🎺

      Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

      Comment

      • #33
        AragornElessar86
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 1735

        As long as he wasn't being destructive tell the clerk to chill out. Or just take your business elsewhere.
        Wish I was rich instead of so damn good looking.
        Originally posted by stix213
        I'll worry about Hannibal Lecter having too many rights when the rest of us get ours in the first place.
        Originally posted by Just Dave
        Any American who isn't on a government watch list should be ashamed of themselves.

        Comment

        • #34
          Jet Setter
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2012
          • 5348

          It happened. Learn from the mistake and don't take them again. There are just some places that kids should never be.
          *********************
          WTS:
          1. PW 800+ Hydro Multispeed (just the hydraulic unit that also works with Spolar press)
          2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
          3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)

          Comment

          • #35
            sfbay
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            • Sep 2011
            • 1646

            That's what kids do! Lol

            I take my kids to the LGS... i'm hoping to pass on the tradition.
            You get what you get and you don't get upset !

            Comment

            • #36
              roushstage2
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2011
              • 2782

              Originally posted by Jet Setter
              It happened. Learn from the mistake and don't take them again. There are just some places that kids should never be.
              Where, like gun stores? The child touched a paper target and an overly-sensitive person was bothered by it. Boo-hoo.

              Comment

              • #37
                philobeddoe
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2007
                • 2022

                Originally posted by roushstage2
                Where, like gun stores? The child touched a paper target and an overly-sensitive person was bothered by it. Boo-hoo.
                +1

                I had my kid in a restaurant and the waitress told me not to let my kid pull the fire alarm ... the kid would have never noticed it ... while I'm assuring her he would never do such a thing, he pulls the lever. It was awesome.

                Stuff happens, y'know.
                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                NRA MEMBERSHIP


                GOA MEMBERSHIP

                Comment

                • #38
                  scidx
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 1160

                  So, your kids grabbed some halloween decorations and made monster noises? A clerk saw them and got mad because zombie targets are fragile and serious business?

                  It sounds like the clerk made you feel shameful for kids being kids. If a private business would like customers to be over a certain age, there should be a clearly stated store policy. Otherwise, the employee was just in a bad mood. Kids play. That is nothing to be ashamed of.

                  I have a habit of not visiting a store with the intent to make friends. I go to brick-and-mortar stores with an interest in the products sold. If the employees are polite, that's great. If not (some people aren't), the world continues to turn.


                  "Never go through a door without a full magazine in your weapon." --Capt. Eric A. Sykes--

                  "(experts), of course, have long recognized the .45 as possessing killing power completely out of proportion to the scientific reality of its cross-sectional area, sectional density and available kinetic energy." --G&S online--

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    MQUnlimited
                    Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • 273

                    I wouldnt sweat it much, I take my 4 yr old daughter with me all of the time. She also loves looking at the zombie targets.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Plisk
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 3007

                      I love when parents bring their children into the store, as long as they are behaved. Simple as that.

                      They want to look, learn, touch in a controlled manner; I encourage it. We are a family at-home atmosphere in our store, and we are also a business and will maintain a business atmosphere.
                      "If it wears out, replace it. If it breaks, upgrade." -Cranky Air Force Vet.

                      Kevin

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        gemoose23
                        Senior Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 1079

                        Originally posted by bluonyx
                        The LGS out here has a coloring table and playing section for the kids (blocks, lego's and such), not to mention a large couch and recliner with reading material for the ones that aren't interested but still tag along with you.
                        My LGS does this here as well... but then again.. my 3 year old is in love with Pink Tiger Striped S&W15-22... And hangs out next to the rifle in the rack.


                        Thinking of going back this weekend to see if its still on the rack to buy it for her...
                        Hornady LnL, Dillon Precision, RCBS, Lee Precision and Lyman User
                        If You want Match or Leadless hunting Ammo check out Monolithic Munitions Yes I am a shill, friends with the owners.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          chad allred
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 877

                          My LGS forced my kid to take a $5 bill last week....great people

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Hopalong
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 2436

                            When you bring your kids into a store, any store

                            They should be supervised 100% of the time, and touch nothing, without asking first.

                            If you get called on it, you should be embarrassed.

                            If the store owner is bothered, he's bothered

                            This is non debatable

                            If you don't like the rules, take your business elsewhere

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              lolkopter
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2012
                              • 687

                              my guns are my kids...

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Plisk
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 3007

                                Originally posted by lolkopter
                                my guns are my kids...
                                Regardless, they need to be behave themselves.
                                "If it wears out, replace it. If it breaks, upgrade." -Cranky Air Force Vet.

                                Kevin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1