Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What do you guys use for protection when camping

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    morfeeis
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2010
    • 7605

    It all depends on the area i'm camping in. if i'm wimp camping i just sleep with my SR9 next to me. but if i'm really camping i'll have my sr9, a 12g and my AR all within reach and ready to go. when you're far out you have to worry about two legged and four legged wildlife....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Originally posted by Ayn Rand
    You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.

    Comment

    • #47
      Agent 0range
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2012
      • 1040

      "Family camping": 870 in truck/tent and .40 Px4 Storm or S&W 686 .357 mag. on me or in truck/tent depending on where we are.
      "Me camping": I've got everything on me.
      Originally posted by Mezcalfud
      Because a Glock looks great in the case and then when you take it home it feels like you're holding a Costco pack of Kielbasa.

      Comment

      • #48
        AragornElessar86
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 1735

        Ruger Vaquero and 870 for now, until I get a Marlin Guide Gun
        Wish I was rich instead of so damn good looking.
        Originally posted by stix213
        I'll worry about Hannibal Lecter having too many rights when the rest of us get ours in the first place.
        Originally posted by Just Dave
        Any American who isn't on a government watch list should be ashamed of themselves.

        Comment

        • #49
          Sabby
          Member
          • Feb 2007
          • 460

          Originally posted by GW
          Trojans!

          and a 1911

          I use camo trojans so they can't see me..... come in the dark

          Comment

          • #50
            bill_k_lopez
            Banned
            • May 2011
            • 2836

            Whenever I go camping I always carry my stag varminter with a spare A2 upper, a ruger 10/22, a Remington 870, 3 mosins, my lever action in 44 mag and 45-70, and my savage 10. Then I always have a 1911, a P95, 2 super blackhawks, and my s&w 22a.

            In the car I keep two reloading presses 8 pounds of various powder, 10,000 mall rifle primers, 10,000 large rifle primers, 10,000 large pistol primers. and 1000 projectiles for each caliber and in three different weights.

            I also pack 5,000 rounds of birdshot, 1,000 rounds of buckshot and 3,000 rounds for every other caliber.

            Lastly I take two bowie knives, 6 kershaw folders, a tomahawk, a hatchet, an axe and a samurai sword.

            Comment

            • #51
              bill_k_lopez
              Banned
              • May 2011
              • 2836

              WTF do you need a gun for to go camping?

              Comment

              • #52
                Bete Noire
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2008
                • 578

                I use a laser fence like the one from the movie Congo.

                Comment

                • #53
                  shoupdawg
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2008
                  • 2362

                  Bear mace and a pocket knife.
                  Mag Lite (3 cell w/LED)
                  Mace (Bear)
                  Puppy (Lab Staff)

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Bangzoom
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jul 2012
                    • 6794

                    If its bears Im worried about I take "NO BEARS ALLOWED" signs

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      Agent 0range
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2012
                      • 1040

                      Originally posted by bill_k_lopez
                      WTF do you need a gun for to go camping?
                      Most of my camping trips are to the desert to go shooting/riding. Guns are there anyways!
                      Originally posted by Mezcalfud
                      Because a Glock looks great in the case and then when you take it home it feels like you're holding a Costco pack of Kielbasa.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        appagohm
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 1123

                        Originally posted by bill_k_lopez
                        WTF do you need a gun for to go camping?
                        Usually, over the hundreds of times i've been out camping, a gun is not needed. BUT what if, there was a situation, now this is a "what if" situation. Maybe 1 in a thousand chance of happening. Your camping with your family and this guy shows up

                        Your Guide to Gold Country and Yosemite Popular Searches: Yosemite Entrances, Best Things to Do in Gold Country, Yosemite Camping, Gold Country Wine Learn More Get my best stuff sent straight to you! Get news


                        The odds of that is unlikely, but there is always a chance. And you decided to tell youself you don't need a gun when your camping. Where it's legal to have your gun, that you purchased legally.

                        The only one time i ever saw my dad pull out his winchester 1300 12ga was when a bear was walking toward us at the river. He was looking at me like i was a fillet minion. My dad racked, shot one toward the backstop next to the bear and scared it off.

                        Again this is a 1 in thousand chance, but if my dad did not have a gun, and did not fire that round, i wouldn't be here. I don't even remember the details because i was so young.

                        Personally, i don't ever plan on using a firearm for self defense. In most cases no one ever does, but there is that small percentage, and the difference of having a firearm and not when it's between life and death during that small percentage is worth having and carrying a little extra weight.

                        I started this tread because when i was out camping, the next door camper had a firearm as well. And the few ppl that i came accross ALL HAD Some sort of protection.

                        A "gun" during my camping trip took maybe .001 percent of effort and time. I didn't go camping because i wanted to take my lead throwing tool out to the woods. I went camping becaues I love the outdoors.

                        So to give a simple answer, i'd rather have a gun and not use it, then need it and not have it.
                        Last edited by appagohm; 02-19-2013, 9:09 PM.
                        sigpic
                        "Gun control is like trying
                        to reduce drunk driving
                        by making it tougher for
                        sober people to own cars"

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Gutz
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 4127

                          The lil pea shooter in my avatar. Mr. 45.
                          1A - 2A= -1A :(

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            sgvxdave
                            Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 462

                            Originally posted by bill_k_lopez
                            WTF do you need a gun for to go camping?
                            WTF do you need a gun for?

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              m98
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2005
                              • 4088

                              Originally posted by NytWolf
                              Never mind. It's a thing for some SE Asians.
                              Most guys wont get it. It's a superstitious belief to camp or sleep really close to a river/lake/stream etc. If the op isn't really familiar with his background cultural beliefs and is westernized, they wouldn't know. I am familiar with these asian beliefs bcuz I basically grew up around them.
                              "Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman

                              10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                AragornElessar86
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 1735

                                Originally posted by bill_k_lopez
                                WTF do you need a gun for to go camping?
                                Wtf do you camp for if not to shoot?
                                Wish I was rich instead of so damn good looking.
                                Originally posted by stix213
                                I'll worry about Hannibal Lecter having too many rights when the rest of us get ours in the first place.
                                Originally posted by Just Dave
                                Any American who isn't on a government watch list should be ashamed of themselves.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1