Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Halloween Costume Gun Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    DirtyLawyer
    Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 243

    Get ready to be denied entry to businesses and/or be proned out by the police. Keep in mind, they will likely not respond lightly to any "man with a gun" calls. Really, really not a good idea. Oh, and then there are the legal issues too...

    Comment

    • #47
      chris1911
      In Memoriam
      • Aug 2012
      • 4064

      Originally posted by weekend_plinker
      Actually it says
      white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern
      So I'm thinking bright red, green, pink, and purple digi camo?
      "I like to think there are three measures of a man: How much steak he can eat in one sitting, how full his mustache is and how quickly he can whittle a spear in the event of the apocalypse." - Ron Swanson

      Originally posted by Champ Kind
      I believe if Jesus owned a sidearm he wouldn't have been crucified.

      Comment

      • #48
        ouch1
        Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 253

        Even carrying a toy guy that is painted to look like a real gun on Halloween can get you shot. Last year San Jose cops shot a guy who pointed a toy guy that was painted with silver paint (so it looked like a real nickel plated Colt Peacemaker) at them when they attempted to wake him (after being found passed out in the stairway of a hotel).

        I would not even carry an airsoft gun (with a bright orange muzzle device) on Halloween outside as that will freak someone out and they will call the cops.

        -ouch1

        Comment

        • #49
          Cali-Shooter
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2009
          • 9192

          This in itself should make any sane person second guess doing anything involving open carrying a firearm (or even a replica) in public for Halloween, even if for costume.

          Want to get shot? I think not.
          In Glock We Trust.
          Originally posted by jeep7081
          My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
          Originally posted by AleksandreCz
          Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
          WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563

          Comment

          • #50
            Branden967
            Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 228

            This thread is one giant face palm......

            Comment

            • #51
              Quiet
              retired Goon
              • Mar 2007
              • 30242

              Originally posted by chris1911
              So I'm thinking bright red, green, pink, and purple digi camo?
              Yes, just like in the COD:MW video game series.
              sigpic

              "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

              Comment

              • #52
                negolien
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 4829

                Ohh Nooo you didn't ....

                Originally posted by Knockoutz
                I live in San Diego, California. Halloween is next month and I'm planning on dressing up as a Call of Duty character for Halloween and entering a contest. Thing is I do not want to pay for a toy gun and I think it looks more legitimate to have a real looking gun. I was wondering if it was possible and legal to roam around the streets with my AR-15 given that it is unloaded, has no bolt carrier/bolt/firing pin, and no charging handle or any type of nonoperating configuration? Just want to know ahead of time so I won't be in such trouble or do anything stupid without asking first.
                14 posts why does this question not surprise me. I'd say sure go ahead and carry your AR.. we need some thinning out of the gene pool anyway ...
                "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

                George Orwell

                http://www.AnySoldier.com

                Comment

                • #53
                  10mm
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 1113

                  I thought only elementary students dressed up for halloween?
                  I rock a Glock 20 & 21

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    dougd1015
                    Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 210

                    Probably not a good idea even if legal and it won't be for long as Governor will sign no open carry law soon.

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      lilro
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2011
                      • 2374

                      Didn't a guy with a plastic gold revolver get killed in San Jose at a halloween party last year while passed in a hotel stairwell? I'll try to find the story.

                      EDIT:


                      Wasn't killed. Only shot. Still not worth the risk.
                      There is no justification for the public servant police to be more heavily armed than the law-abiding public they serve...Unless...the government's intention is to be more powerful than the people.

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        sharxbyte
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 2448

                        Originally posted by JMP
                        What if I am passing out candy to kids. If I stay inside my doorway, can I have a holstered sidearm and a loaded AR? That's cool, right?

                        Sig line taken

                        Oh, and woo! 1000 posts ^^
                        My AR is 7.62x39, so that if/when we get invaded, I can shoot their ammo back at them!
                        sigpic

                        Originally posted by Falstaff
                        Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
                        My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread


                        Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!


                        Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1