Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Do you respect FFLs who won't touch OLLs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    rivviepop
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 2528

    Originally posted by mds2004
    Sorry but I have been reading "FUD" a lot recently and tried searching, but what does it stand mean?
    Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

    EDIT: wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear%2C...inty_and_doubt

    Comment

    • #17
      bear308
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 849

      Originally posted by mds2004
      Sorry but I have been reading "FUD" a lot recently and tried searching, but what does it stand mean?
      FUD, Fear, uncertainty and doubt, a marketing or political strategy. Straight from google

      spreading BS scare tactic statements that are untrue or purposefully overexagerated - my take on it.
      NRA - Life Member
      Head ***** @ Firing-Line Burbank.
      Firing-Line Indoor Ranges
      If you have suggestions, comments, or complaints, feel free to contact me at info at burbankrange.com

      Comment

      • #18
        Skunkworks45
        Member
        • Jun 2004
        • 101

        Originally posted by mds2004
        Sorry but I have been reading "FUD" a lot recently and tried searching, but what does it stand mean?
        The real Government meaning or the Elmer Fudd meaning? (Fear, uncertainty and doubt).

        The real meaning used by our military is; Formerly Used Defense Sites .

        Comment

        • #19
          moulton
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2006
          • 2788

          how about ones that wont do Private party transfers on OLLs?
          Originally posted by Soldier415
          If you come to my house at 8am to give me pamphlets, I will poop on your shoes.
          Originally posted by ar15barrels
          Not everyone is so smart.
          We need people who work at McDonalds too you know...

          Comment

          • #20
            gunsnrovers
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 1777

            I won't buy from a FFL who won't transfer OLL's but will sell them (and complete rifles) to LEO's.
            - Jeff
            كافر - Infidel
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #21
              Johnny Diablo
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2007
              • 629

              I respect all FFLs for what they do. They are all avenues to keep 2nd A rights going. I patronize FFLs that do sell OLL in an effort to keep the black rifle disease alive.


              I think there is alot of complaining about what is not done or allowed. You are not entitled to anything except death and taxes.
              Originally posted by Spiggy
              ....
              we'll be your friends, you'll never have to leave this textbased world of calguns ever ever again

              Comment

              • #22
                GuyW
                Banned
                • Dec 2002
                • 4298

                Originally posted by Johnny Diablo
                ...alot of complaining about what is not done or allowed. You are not entitled to anything except death and taxes.
                And the right to complain....

                Comment

                • #23
                  bohoki
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 20826

                  if they refuse to private party transfer a legal firearm they need to be shut down

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Pthfndr
                    In Memoriam
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 3691

                    Originally posted by bohoki
                    if they refuse to private party transfer a legal firearm they need to be shut down
                    That's one of the most useless statements ever made. What if only one FFL in the state did PPTs? Would you want every other FFL in the state closed down?
                    Rob Thomas - Match Director NCPPRC Tactical Long Range Match

                    Match Director Sac Valley Vintage Military Rifle Long Range Match

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Bucc
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 1035

                      I'm a live and let live kinda guy.
                      If they don't want to do OLL's and they are cool about it I may not do much business with them after but I would not refuse to do so. Especially when DOJ/BOF lie to them so much.
                      If they said no and had some killer piece I've been looking for for a long time at the price I like refusing to work with them is sort of cutting off my own nose and there are to damn few cool FFLs out there, especially with any inventory.
                      On the other hand if they are jerks about it like Grant Boys and the creep and Saddleback guns was to me no they are done.
                      Not only won't I buy from them under any circumstances I'll come places like here and relate my experiences.
                      Keeper of unpopular views.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Riodog
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 1127

                        I don't have a problem with a shop that does not want to get involved with OLL's. That said, many small shops do not have the resourses to wage extended litigation should it come to that and they know their limitations and comfort level. On the flip side, THESE ARE ONLY EXAMPLES!!! Let's say 10% firearms wages a very taxing and costly battle to legitimize their sale of "black-rifle' parts, etc., and they are successful then I will not give my business to the clown that refused to even discuss said topics until some-else fought his fight for him and won. Original combatant should have the loyalty and opportunity to recoup his costs. And I for one appreciate his effort.

                        I know some of my posts are met with rejection however I am not looking for acceptance from either the moderators nor membership. I have known the boys at Evans for a lot of years. When I have a question pertaining to their expertise I have always received a very civil answer with considerably more info than originally asked for. They know that I'm not asking "how to" violate the law but how to get from point A to point B legally. Hell, I can put togather a Fa just as quick as they can BUT that is not what I'm after when I throw a question at them. They have so very much more technical knowledge than myself But they are also cognizant of the fact that in the wrong hands it could be lethal. (My plug for Evans).

                        The shops that I've found to be resistant to reason or change are usually run by an "autocrat" that thinks he is Gods gift to the shooting sports. Usually an opinionated -know-it-all that's barely scraping by and is so abrasive that nobody with any self -respect would set foot in his shop anyway.

                        With that said, I make a pledge That whomever show's me the courtesy and respect that I feel I deserve will get my business. I do not shop for price but will not be "bent-over". Hector and Michelle-CWS- possess integrity that is beyond reproach and will always be given first shot at my business whether it's "blackrifle related" or => I'm still looking for a Colt mod P, 4 1/2, Nickle 32/20, or whatever. The same will apply to BSP.

                        Rio

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Ford8N
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2002
                          • 6129

                          My brick and mortar FFL shocked the hell out of me the other day, he was ordering in a bunch of Stag lowers. I thought he would never turn to the dark side...

                          I wonder if the efforts of the good folks here and the NRA are starting to crack the AW laws...

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            GuyW
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 4298

                            Originally posted by compulsivegunbuyer
                            ...Berating the owner for what he...believes does nothing to further the cause. It only serves to create divisiveness in the hobby.....
                            Baloney. If a shop owner is promoting anti-gun bull and making our jobs more difficult, he/she deserves any and all verbal disparagement and economic boycotting.
                            Last edited by ivanimal; 02-10-2008, 2:43 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Sam Hainn
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 681

                              Originally posted by GuyW
                              Baloney. If a shop owner is promoting anti-gun bull and making our jobs more difficult, he/she deserves any and all verbal disparagement (NO) and economic boycotting. (Yes)
                              No need for any verbal disparagement. you end up looking like the idiot. Besides, economic boycotting is much more powerful. It lasts longer.
                              Last edited by ivanimal; 02-10-2008, 2:43 AM.
                              "No throwing live ammunition into bonfires on runs."

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                DedEye
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Nov 2006
                                • 8655

                                Originally posted by TonyNorCal
                                Do you respect FFLs who won't touch OLLs? Or, do you feel that all FFLs should sell anything that's legal. Period.

                                I suppose this can also be qualified a bit.

                                There are the no-OLL FFLs who rant and rave and tell you it's illegal, make a big scene, tell you all sorts of nonsense, and try to make you feel like a criminal.

                                And, there are the no-OLL FFLs who explain politely that while they know others are doing it they simply choose not to.

                                And of course there's the confounding factor that FFLs receive bad info from the DOJ.

                                So, what are your feelings towards FFLs who won't do the OLL thing? Feel they should? Or, do you respect their choice?

                                And, do you feel that an FFL who gets bad info from the DOJ should research places like CalGuns and come around?
                                I respect the decision of the FFLs that simply choose not to deal with the BS and hassle of transferring OLLs, but not the ones who claim it's illegal.
                                These posts are Fiction. They do not contain legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer. Any resemblance to real persons are pure coincidence. These posts may pose an inhalation hazard, reading can be harmful or fatal. No statements made on this forum are meant to represent any corporate or business entity, others, or myself. Especially not myself.

                                Stop duping answers, help expand the FAQ.

                                Why yes, that is me in my avatar and yes, I AM wearing a life jacket.

                                WTS Keltec P11

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1