Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

NBC video: gun buying sting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    safewaysecurity
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2010
    • 6166

    If you support background checks on all gun transfers or transactions then I consider you antigun. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand? Plus background checks don't show any evidence of reducing crime or even working.
    Originally posted by cudakidd
    I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
    ^

    Comment

    • #32
      bill_k_lopez
      Banned
      • May 2011
      • 2836

      Originally posted by safewaysecurity
      If you support background checks on all gun transfers or transactions then I consider you antigun. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand? Plus background checks don't show any evidence of reducing crime or even working.
      <sarcasm> You must be a gun nut.</sarcasm>

      Comment

      • #33
        Dantedamean
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 2293

        Originally posted by safewaysecurity
        If you support background checks on all gun transfers or transactions then I consider you antigun. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand? Plus background checks don't show any evidence of reducing crime or even working.
        I completely agree, however that view seems to be a bit extreme.

        Comment

        • #34
          Packy14
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2008
          • 5312

          To drive a car: take a driving test; can be medically revoked

          To buy a gun: take a test? (the current test is a joke); can be medically revoked (or should be if mentally unstable?)

          Definitely no current or probabably possible screening tool would have prevented the CO shooting. In that case, law abiding citizens with LTC's would have been more helpful (several, because I doubt one LTC holder would have stopped him).
          NRA Lifetime Member

          1A-2A = -1A

          Comment

          • #35
            Coded-Dude
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2010
            • 6705

            driving an automobile on public roads is a privilege........owning a firearm for self defense is a natural, inalienable right.

            NOTHING would have prevented this psychopath from injuring innocent people short of locking him away for something he hadn't done yet.
            x2

            Originally posted by Deadbolt
            watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
            Originally posted by Obama
            Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"

            Comment

            • #36
              tackdriver
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2009
              • 1214

              Anyone understand the rationale of when the undercover bimbo makes the statement "I probably couldnt pass a background check"?
              What is it they think the seller is supposed to do? Tell the guy not to shoot anyone until he leaves the building?
              I think I'll try that on the car dealer next time I buy a car. "Ya know, I really shouldnt be allowed to drive".. Wanna see if he tears up the contract??

              Comment

              • #37
                DannyInSoCal
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2010
                • 8271

                Exactly how many helicopters have been shot down by .50Cal sniper rifles...?

                Pathetic hype rhetoric from delusional azzhats who -

                In spite of overwhelming PROOF -

                Believe restricting gun rights of law abiding tax paying citizens -

                Makes us "safer".

                Pathetic...
                .
                $500 Donation to any Veterans Charity - Plus $500 Gift Card to any gun store: Visit 2nd Amendment Mortgage / www.2AMortgage.com

                Comment

                • #38
                  bill_k_lopez
                  Banned
                  • May 2011
                  • 2836

                  Originally posted by DannyInSoCal
                  Exactly how many helicopters have been shot down by .50Cal sniper rifles...?

                  ......

                  Makes us "safer".

                  Pathetic...
                  The same number brought down by hand held lasers...

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    johnthomas
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 7001

                    So, this guy bought guns where it is legal to do so, but the government set up gun buys that were not legal and many people were killed. Both ended badly but the government gets away with it. Makes perfect sense to me. Now the government wants to paint everyone with the same brush and further their agenda of total gun control. I am not saying the left is happy about this mass murder, but they will use it as a perfect example of why the American public cannot be trusted with such a dangerous product.
                    I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      rromeo
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 6981

                      Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
                      They wait until the transaction is about over and then they have the guy say he probably couldn't pass a background check anyway. Not that it matters here, but in Free America, cancel that transaction right away.

                      According to my state law, it is illegal for me to knowingly sell a firearm to a prohibited person.
                      Most sellers in this area ask to see a carry permit or voter ID, and a lot ask to sign a bill of sale. I haven't sold many guns, and those have been mostly to people I know or friends of friends.
                      Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

                      - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
                      (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        knucklehead
                        Member
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 458

                        ..........

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          LAWABIDINGCITIZEN
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 883

                          NBC ingnores thousands of guns sent across the border by our own government under F&F and the first time in history a sitting AG is held in contempt, but then does a "sting" in a parking lot over a few guns sold by individuals.

                          The reporter will no doubt win a Pulitzer and multiple Nobel Peace Prizes.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            njineermike
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 9784

                            To the OP:

                            Congratulations. You have single-handedly accomplished creating the one thing the gun owning community has been lacking; Unity. You have managed to get posters who won't even agree to the color of the sky to ALL disagree with you and point out the obvious errors of your position.

                            Well done good sir. A round of applause is in order.
                            Originally posted by Kestryll
                            Dude went full CNN...
                            Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              duc748bip
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 1081

                              I think the fine line is what is mentally ill.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Packy14
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jul 2008
                                • 5312

                                Originally posted by njineermike
                                To the OP:

                                Congratulations. You have single-handedly accomplished creating the one thing the gun owning community has been lacking; Unity. You have managed to get posters who won't even agree to the color of the sky to ALL disagree with you and point out the obvious errors of your position.

                                Well done good sir. A round of applause is in order.


                                What is the error of my position, is it the part that I don't think mentally ill people should be able to legally own guns? Then I will gladly disagree with any and all of you.
                                NRA Lifetime Member

                                1A-2A = -1A

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1