Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

NBC video: gun buying sting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Packy14
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2008
    • 5312

    NBC video: gun buying sting



    Personally I don't think sales like this should be legal, there should be good background checks with mental health screening.
    NRA Lifetime Member

    1A-2A = -1A
  • #2
    Coded-Dude
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2010
    • 6705

    we should have mental health screenings before people are allowed to be born, reproduce, go out in public, drive a car, vote, etc. /sarcasm - ban crazies.
    x2

    Originally posted by Deadbolt
    watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
    Originally posted by Obama
    Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"

    Comment

    • #3
      nick
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2008
      • 19152

      Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
      http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...83194#48283194

      Personally I don't think sales like this should be legal, there should be good background checks with mental health screening.
      Why not? Personal fears aside, is there any evidence that this actually increases crime (aside from the other arguments against your suggestion)?
      DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

      DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        NYsteveZ
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 1092

        I know how sales work here in the PRK, but is there any crimes commited by NBC in this video? I would love to see the predator become the prey
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          Packy14
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2008
          • 5312

          its funny, I doubt most of you want people with mental illness to have guns, yet whenever it is suggested that maybe something should be done about it, its all "ban crazies". Believe me, I own guns, shoot guns, love guns. I believe any responsible law abidding citizen should have a gun. That said, crazy people probably shouldn't. Maybe they shouldn't drive either, I don't have comment on that.
          NRA Lifetime Member

          1A-2A = -1A

          Comment

          • #6
            Dantedamean
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2012
            • 2293

            Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
            its funny, I doubt most of you want people with mental illness to have guns, yet whenever it is suggested that maybe something should be done about it, its all "ban crazies". Believe me, I own guns, shoot guns, love guns. I believe any responsible law abidding citizen should have a gun. That said, crazy people probably shouldn't. Maybe they shouldn't drive either, I don't have comment on that.
            While I agree people like Holmes should probably not have access to firearms, where do we stop? Baring people from obtaining a gun simply because of something they may or may not do is too extreme for me. Many people have mental illnesses, depression, anxiety, psychopaths, aggression, ect. Some people are worse then others, if we did an FMRI before someone bought a gun I have a feeling half the people who currently own a weapon wouldn't pass. You start going down that road and it can easily get out of control.

            Comment

            • #7
              thekwyjibo
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2006
              • 70

              Originally posted by Dantedamean
              While I agree people like Holmes should probably not have access to firearms, where do we stop? Baring people from obtaining a gun simply because of something they may or may not do is too extreme for me. Many people have mental illnesses, depression, anxiety, psychopaths, aggression, ect. Some people are worse then others, if we did an FMRI before someone bought a gun I have a feeling half the people who currently own a weapon wouldn't pass. You start going down that road and it can easily get out of control.
              And to add to this statement, remember that many of the Gun control advocates would argue that anyone who desires a firearm is, by definition, mentally ill. Ergo, no one should be allowed to purchase a firearm.

              There are many people who fear this slippery slope here, and justifiably so. Given some of the tendencies we have seen in the government, to take some of the intricacies in the English language, plus a little motivated reasoning to create some really scary stuff. The whole argument on what the writers of the second amendment actually meant is one item of which this forum is very much aware.

              People are not saying that this predator should have been allowed to purchase a firearm, they are more concerned with the unintended consequence of what could happen should a poorly written law be enacted.

              Comment

              • #8
                Dannicus
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 2577

                Isn't there a space on the DROS form to admit that you're crazy? That should keep guns out of the hands of the mentally unstable just fine.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Steve1968LS2
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 9275

                  The biggest problem with "crazy" is that some people hide it very well..

                  And who decides what "crazy" is? the govt? you?

                  And if a "crazy" person was bent on carnage and couldn't get a gun they would mow down dozens with truck, blow them up with a common chemical bomb, burn down a crowded venue or buy a katana and go ape**** ..

                  You can't stop evil people from doing evil things..
                  Originally posted by tony270
                  It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
                  Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Packy14
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jul 2008
                    • 5312

                    well, if you watch the video... not every state has a dros process for ppt's. not saying that the dros process here is much more than a formality/tax, but at least it stops most convicts from legally acquiring weapons (illegal is a different story of course). Oh well, this country is going to s*** anyway.
                    NRA Lifetime Member

                    1A-2A = -1A

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      2shotjoe
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 26710

                      Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
                      well, if you watch the video... not every state has a dros process for ppt's. not saying that the dros process here is much more than a formality/tax, but at least it stops most convicts from legally acquiring weapons (illegal is a different story of course). Oh well, this country is going to s*** anyway.
                      A lot of criminals don't have records yet. The can go rent a gun and steal it or buy one legally.

                      Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                      Originally posted by Kestryll
                      ..you're kind of a sad excuse for an attorney...
                      Originally posted by Libertarian777
                      ...Don't pick either side....

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        tenpercentfirearms
                        Vendor/Retailer
                        • Apr 2005
                        • 13007

                        They wait until the transaction is about over and then they have the guy say he probably couldn't pass a background check anyway. Not that it matters here, but in Free America, cancel that transaction right away.

                        I like the guy who says he has no problems selling a .50 BMG. He realizes it isn't a big deal. The reporter claims a .50 BMG is the choice of the drug cartels. Idiot.

                        Much more of this crap and I might actually start to get scared this backlash on this one might last.
                        www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          norcal.xd
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 846

                          its nice to see even the news is recycling in this hard economy.....lol I seen that video awhile ago on this site, minus all the stuff about Colorado.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            TempleKnight
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 918

                            Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
                            I like the guy who says he has no problems selling a .50 BMG. He realizes it isn't a big deal. The reporter claims a .50 BMG is the choice of the drug cartels. Idiot.
                            Made me laugh. I got this mental picture of some 5'5" guys trying to carry around 5' rifles weighing 30 lbs without ammo. As their "every day carry" pieces.

                            Great reporter
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Agent 0range
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2012
                              • 1040

                              I'm not sure how PPT gun sales work in free states, but I'd be hesitant to sell one without going through an FFL. Just like selling a car, I don't want that VIN, or in this case, serial # to be in my name once it's no longer in my possession. On the flip side, I'd probably buy one without going through a FFL if it was legal to do so.
                              Originally posted by Mezcalfud
                              Because a Glock looks great in the case and then when you take it home it feels like you're holding a Costco pack of Kielbasa.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1