Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

NBC video: gun buying sting

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Wildeman_13
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 542

    Originally posted by tenpercentfirearms
    I like the guy who says he has no problems selling a .50 BMG. He realizes it isn't a big deal. The reporter claims a .50 BMG is the choice of the drug cartels. Idiot.
    Well sure! If given a CHOICE I would pick the .50 BMG too! Who wouldn't?!?!?

    Comment

    • #17
      Kendall6.8
      Junior Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 44

      Unfortunately the media creates more drama and makes issues bigger than they are. I am not down playing this event at all, and my prayers go out to the families and the survivors. But every news cast I have seen yet just focuses on the phrase "Assault Weapons". This creates a more dramatic effect. But even if this guy could not get guns he would have just done something else to hurt people. Evil people will always find a way. But making this about guns and gun control will only unarm all of us law abiding citizens and make us victims.

      Comment

      • #18
        QQQ
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 2243

        Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
        its funny, I doubt most of you want people with mental illness to have guns, yet whenever it is suggested that maybe something should be done about it, its all "ban crazies". Believe me, I own guns, shoot guns, love guns. I believe any responsible law abidding citizen should have a gun. That said, crazy people probably shouldn't. Maybe they shouldn't drive either, I don't have comment on that.
        You're crazy for suggesting that we impose more restrictions on a Constitutionally-guaranteed right.

        BAM! No guns for you.

        Comment

        • #19
          Riksk
          Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 163

          Wow, wonder what undercover employee of NBC got to keep all the nice firearms the station legally purchased.

          Kudos to them for putting more cash into the gun economy. Also, if there is no transfer or paperwork on a ppt.... What's to stop a Cali inmate from going on a road trip? Wonder if you could be convicted for that.

          Comment

          • #20
            stix213
            AKA: Joe Censored
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Apr 2009
            • 19002

            Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
            http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...83194#48283194

            Personally I don't think sales like this should be legal, there should be good background checks with mental health screening.
            I would only support that if there was a website or phone number an individual private party seller can access when they sell their gun.

            If you think that is stupid cause it would be practically voluntary, you're fooling yourself cause it already is that way.

            Comment

            • #21
              SanPedroShooter
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2010
              • 9732

              Yawn...

              I hate to point out the 'California effect', but in 90% of the country you can dispose of your private property without asking the government for permission.

              Freedom is kind of scary isnt it? Dont worry, baby steps....

              Comment

              • #22
                Packy14
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2008
                • 5312

                Originally posted by QQQ
                You're crazy for suggesting that we impose more restrictions on a Constitutionally-guaranteed right.

                BAM! No guns for you.
                Well, I hope no crazy person who legally bought a gun shoots you or your family.
                NRA Lifetime Member

                1A-2A = -1A

                Comment

                • #23
                  bill_k_lopez
                  Banned
                  • May 2011
                  • 2836

                  Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
                  http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...83194#48283194

                  Personally I don't think sales like this should be legal, there should be good background checks with mental health screening.
                  And that's because the number of gun related deaths every year due to people with mental illness is so high? And people with questionable backgrounds who want to buy guns always follow the "legal" processes put in place.

                  What planet do you live on?

                  Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
                  Well, I hope no crazy person who legally bought a gun shoots you or your family.
                  How mature of you.
                  Last edited by bill_k_lopez; 07-24-2012, 8:18 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Coded-Dude
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 6705

                    everybody knows criminals and the mentally unstable follow the letter of the law to the t. we just make it easier for them to do so......
                    x2

                    Originally posted by Deadbolt
                    watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
                    Originally posted by Obama
                    Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Bangzoom
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 6794

                      ok now my blood pressure went up...

                      why dont they do a story on how easily it is to buy drugs when they are banned all over the country?..how many people die from illegal drugs? how many people die from turf wars over drugs? how many....oops im havg a strok...be rite bak

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        1911su16b870
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 7654

                        That is an older recycled story capitalizing on the Aurora tragedy. They did all that buying in Arizona which IIRC does not have any PTP FFL requirements.
                        "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

                        NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
                        GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
                        Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
                        I instruct it if you shoot it.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Moto
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 854

                          I truly hate these piece of gargage news reporters!
                          Freedom in the USA is not the freedom from offense. It is actually the freedom to offend.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            QQQ
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 2243

                            Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
                            Well, I hope no crazy person who legally bought a gun shoots you or your family.
                            Why does it matter if the crazy person bought the guns legally or illegally?

                            I just hope that the only thing between me and my being able to own a firearm to protect myself against said crazy person is not a left-wing, ivory-tower psychologist or social worker.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              crackerman
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2009
                              • 2441

                              Originally posted by Riksk
                              What's to stop a Cali inmate from going on a road trip? Wonder if you could be convicted for that.
                              Just to be a smart ***, technically for a Cali INMATE to go on a road trip he would have to have broken out of jail and I'm pretty sure that's illegal


                              But yeah its sad that they just recycle this junk, I wonder how many of these transactions they did where the seller was, "you know what, not cool here is your money back" that they did not show.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Bangzoom
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Jul 2012
                                • 6794

                                Originally posted by crackerman
                                Just to be a smart ***, technically for a Cali INMATE to go on a road trip he would have to have broken out of jail and I'm pretty sure that's illegal


                                .
                                Just give the liberal politicians time..Some countries in Europe it is not a crime to escape prison...but if you take the uniform youre wearing that would be theft...LOL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1