Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Spelunking Gun???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    jjperl
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 936

    haven't you guys seen The Hills have Eyes?

    Comment

    • #17
      532Fastback
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2007
      • 3453

      I was told if you go into the gold mines near my house to go armed because bums live inside some of them and they will attack you.
      I went into one it was pretty tight, i know of several others now too.

      Comment

      • #18
        jerryg1776
        Senior Member
        • May 2005
        • 1060

        Originally posted by AS45-70
        spelunking = The challenges of the sport depend on the cave being visited, but often include the negotiation of pitches, squeezes, and water.

        While not common in spelunking, SCUBA gear is utilized to negotiate water or even purhaps a squeeze located underwater. While the equipment is the same as SCUBA diving the kit or rig set up is quite different.

        If your short on air for two ppl to egress the cave system, one may want to shoot his partner with the spelunking gun in order to take his scuba cylinders and escape to the surface. sounds reasonable to me anyway
        Mental note... DO NOT GO SPELUNKING WITH AS45-70

        Comment

        • #19
          socalguns
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 1707

          Spelunking advice number #34 if the poop is big enough for spelunking, do not walk, but run away, then promptly call a press conference
          "Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you."

          Comment

          • #20
            saki302
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2005
            • 7191

            I read the tunnel rats in Nam preferred .22's .38s and 9mm's over the .45s due to blast and noise (though IMO 9mm isn't much quieter). I would think a nice low pressure .38 with hard cast bullets and 4" barrel would be a perfect spelunking gun- and cheap too.

            -Dave

            Comment

            • #21
              socalguns
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 1707

              or even a full auto airgun loaded with soft lead balls (or better yet, one of the pointy lead pellets)
              "Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you."

              Comment

              • #22
                petey
                Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 186

                I've done a lot of spelunking in Calaveras and Tuolomne counties, and it is advisable to carry when legal. There are a number of caves on BLM land in the area,but very few of them are near roads.
                I've had encounters with:

                1. Bear
                2. Marijuana farms
                3. Disgruntled prospectors. (The BLM used to give out limited mineral rights for some areas on a temporary basis)
                4. People who simply are unable to coexist with other people.

                A good spelunking gun should be stainless, and able to withstand dirt and grime.
                To paraphrase Bob Barker "Always remember to spay/neuter your cats, dogs, and liberals!"

                Comment

                • #23
                  emc002
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 2331

                  Originally posted by Nodda Duma
                  I did a lot of spelunking back in Missouri. That state has more caves than any other place in the country (3000+ last I heard).

                  Seriously though, we always had to be careful near or in caverns which made ideal homes for wolves, coyotes, mountain lions, etc. The type of animals that don't like to be cornered in the back of their cave. I could see how having a spelunking gun would be useful.

                  -Jason
                  There are wolves in Missouri?
                  "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

                  "I point out the obvious because if I belabor the subtle it only leaves people slack-jawed and drooling." - Bill Heavey

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    AJAX22
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2006
                    • 14980

                    I occasionally go spelunking in abandoned mines.

                    I use a .38 colt police positive with soft lead bullets and a low powdercharge.

                    You want a gun thats reliable, tight and will go bang every time, isn't pretty (it WILL get scuffed) and will be relativly unaffected by dust/light dirt.

                    You can't tell what you're going to run into in a mine, be it a druggie camping out, some punks who just like your gear better than their own, large animals, small slithery animals with rattles, medium sized mean animals, two legged vermin, or zombie undead.

                    Remember to get a good holster, nothing sucks worse than having to descend the 500 foot airshaft because you dropped your f*&#^%@ing pistol
                    Youtube Channel Proto-Ordnance

                    Subscribe to Proto Ordnance

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Nodda Duma
                      • Nov 2007
                      • 3455

                      There are wolves in Missouri?

                      You caught me. That one was a joke, I *thought*. But apparently there actually have been wolf sightings in Missouri.





                      and <grin>



                      -Jason
                      Looking for photos for your wall?
                      Help feed my children by clicking here.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1