My first 1927 was an attractive enough handgun, with a passing fair blue finish. The plastic grips have a brown tone and seem to be new production. The pistol was supplied with an eight round magazine with a buffer pad on the bottom. The trigger was heavy but clean at just over six and one half pounds. Heavy even for a GI gun, but I have seen worse.
[...]
The second and third 1927 were much the same, with similar accuracy. I adopted the best version as a truck and spelunking gun, as it proved to have a nice five pound trigger.
[...]
The second and third 1927 were much the same, with similar accuracy. I adopted the best version as a truck and spelunking gun, as it proved to have a nice five pound trigger.
The concept is kind of puzzling to me - sure, some people won't go anywhere without a firearm, but why spelunking? Firing a gun under such conditions seems like a great way to flashblind/disorient/deafen oneself. Gollum, dwarves, and vampire bats aside, I'm not sure caves rank very high in terms of predatory hazards.

Anyone else heard of something like this? Is it a unique instance? [I guess 'plinking' might have somehow ended up as 'spelunking' thanks to modern word processing.]




Comment