Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Seeking advice on unlicensed loaded carry

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    tbhracing
    Banned
    • Oct 2008
    • 5523

    Originally posted by RustyMacHine
    ^^ THIS

    My cousin still name drops even though it's been almost a year since their divorce.


    .
    Just because one person does something in one town doesn't make it right, legal or the standard to follow.

    OP- you're getting some bad advise here. No one (LEO BF or not) should be carrying a weapon with out CCW.

    Comment

    • #47
      taperxz
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2010
      • 19395

      Originally posted by MudCamper
      WTH? She is breaking at least 2 laws. I am amazed at all the "it's legal to break the law if a cop tells you it's OK" BS responses. This thread is pure insanity.
      I have to agree! Major fail in this thread!! For anyone tell another person its ok to carry a loaded firearm illegally in this state (what/who the hell is a boyfriend!!) is just wrong.

      Comment

      • #48
        Lives_In_Fresno
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 818

        Originally posted by SocomM4
        I would assume that she'd be fine with it, and unless she did something hard core, I doubt she'd even get pulled over in his town.
        You're kidding, right?

        You are thinking about a small town, perhaps...In CA, there are many different agencies who don't know her bf, any of which can easily arrest her for unlicensed carry.

        And, god forbid she actually uses it...

        Comment

        • #49
          Toyman321
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2009
          • 1620

          Originally posted by dieselpower

          Life is different in a small town.
          Long Beach sure has changed a lot since I lived there if it now qualifies as a "small town"

          Comment

          • #50
            QQQ
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 2243

            I would never openly encourage someone to break the law, regardless of how moronic or unjust the law is.
            That being said, what's right and what's legal are not always one and the same.

            Comment

            • #51
              locosway
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jun 2009
              • 11346

              I've seen a lot of LEO's tell people to carry regardless of having a permit. Unfortunately it's not likely they'll be the ones pulling you over.
              OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
              NRA Certified Instructor
              CA DOJ Certified Instructor
              Glock Certified Armorer

              Comment

              • #52
                PandaLuv
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 641

                If you conceal carry, legally or illegally, you should stfu. That's the advice you should have given her.
                Молон Лабе
                I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12

                Comment

                • #53
                  PandaLuv
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 641

                  Originally posted by SocomM4
                  Like I said before from first hand experience, unless she was drunk driving a school bus through a retirement home on Easter Sunday butt nekked with a crack pipe in one hand and this officers pistol in the other, she will never be pulled over and searched in the same town .The simple truth is: Cops don't pull over and harass their cop buddy's Girlfriend/wives .
                  You might not like it, you might want to post how wrong it is and cite this or that penal code, and say I'm crazy, but that's the way it is.In a smaller town that is.

                  That being said, I doubt it would be hard for her to get a permit. And follow the rules everyone else has to.
                  Her life will be hell if she breaks up with him. I would never do what she's doing, but she's not committing violent crimes and she knows the risks, who are we to judge?

                  The cop knows how stupid our laws are and he knows people that would help him if she got caught. You don't know what her situation is. For all we know, she might have a crazy stalker ex, bad neighborhood or simple commute to work filled with crazies.

                  It's definitely illegal and stupid, but some people rather live poor than die rich.
                  Молон Лабе
                  I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    Stormfeather
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 7739

                    all I can do is LOL at all the bad advice given here by the armchair quarterbacks. Theres a reason its called a law, and theres penalties for breaking them. Since when did the IQ of CGN degrade so low?
                    Originally posted by Soldier415
                    I am naked except for seatless white chaps, a boonie hat and a tactical vest playing HALO.
                    Originally posted by oaklander
                    I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
                    Originally posted by ohsmily
                    I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
                    Originally posted by hoffmang
                    Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
                    -Gene

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      kwansao
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 711

                      Cant he write to the CLEO to help her get a CCW? Wtf?
                      -
                      PRO DEO ET PRO PATRIA

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Tarn_Helm
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 2126

                        Doh!

                        Originally posted by fighterpilot562
                        she stupid for carrying and he is stupid for letting her
                        He's "letting" her carry concealed.

                        He's "making" her carry concealed.

                        The two of them are therefore conspiring.

                        Conspiring makes them both guilty of a felony.
                        "The Religion of Peace": Islam: What the West Needs to Know.

                        America is Not a Democracy

                        ". . . all [historical] experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms
                        [of governmental abuses and usurpations] to which they are accustomed."
                        Decl. of Indep., July 4, 1776

                        NRA Benefactor/Life Member; Lifer: CRPA, GOA, SAF & JPFO

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          helpme
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 669

                          Sounds like you keep good company.

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            Librarian
                            Admin and Poltergeist
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 44691

                            I think all the correct information has been provided to the subject of the original post, and she gets to decide for herself what risk she will accept.

                            Closed.

                            (Invite her to join Calguns - looks like she could learn a few things.)
                            ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

                            Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1