Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

North Sacramento gun range

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rainman8819
    Member
    • Jul 2005
    • 306

    Awesome!

    Thanks for the info and I hope the grand opening is a huge success.

    Comment

    • jbe90
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 887

      Originally posted by tab8429


      Update!!!!!

      We will be open July 4th!! Hope to see all of you there in the near future.
      Nice!!
      I'll be there!

      Comment

      • MiddleKingdom
        Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 442

        Awaiting opening with great anticipation! Although, I do miss the nice people at The Firing Pin in West Sac so many years ago.
        "Now why doesn't somebody take out a .45 and BANG... settle it?" - Mr. Lee

        Comment

        • tab8429
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2011
          • 12

          Range Fee

          Originally posted by rainman8819
          Awesome!

          Thanks for the info and I hope the grand opening is a huge success.
          I was originally told that the fee was going to be 15 dollars months ago. But i just found out that it might be 17 dollars per person. Ill find out for sure today.
          Last edited by tab8429; 07-03-2012, 6:46 AM. Reason: wrong text

          Comment

          • ucsdryder
            Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 344

            They need to be careful with pricing. 17 is getting up there. I much prefer outdoor ranges or BLM. If you and a buddy go that's 34 bucks. Better off going to Ione for 11 plus split gas or BLM and come out ahead on gas.

            Comment

            • rainman8819
              Member
              • Jul 2005
              • 306

              Originally posted by ucsdryder
              They need to be careful with pricing. 17 is getting up there. I much prefer outdoor ranges or BLM. If you and a buddy go that's 34 bucks. Better off going to Ione for 11 plus split gas or BLM and come out ahead on gas.
              Outdoors is the best, but one of my favorite spots closed years ago (Colfax) and I don't really like going to Spenceville.

              $17 is getting up there so I hope their membership offers are priced nice. Can't beat going to a range that's only 10 minutes from where I live.

              Comment

              • bruss01
                Calguns Addict
                • Feb 2006
                • 5336

                Originally posted by rainman8819
                Outdoors is the best, but one of my favorite spots closed years ago (Colfax) and I don't really like going to Spenceville.

                $17 is getting up there so I hope their membership offers are priced nice. Can't beat going to a range that's only 10 minutes from where I live.
                You know it! I like Sac Valley but honestly one of the reasons I don't go more often is because it adds about 1.5 hours onto a range trip with the travel time, and some days that just seems like more than I can manage.

                Rancho hiked theirs up to $17 and I don't like that much. You cannot shoot a long-gun standing there, they have "blinder" boards that force you to use a seated position. Right. How many people will hunt or defend their homes from a seated position? Not really sure what I can get from the experience there unless just to sight in the rifle... you certainly won't get any feedback on your skill with the gun in the manner in which you would actually use it in the real world.

                I'd prefer they kept the price at $15 but I could grudgingly live with $17 if it is a fun place to shoot. I think they'd definitely be taking some money away from Rancho even matching the high price. Of course, then Rancho will probably back off their gouging a little and get back down to $15 to keep their business.

                Hope the new range does well! We need more good places to shoot.
                The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.

                Comment

                • medicdude
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 1034

                  $15 and open at 0700.

                  Comment

                  • ucsdryder
                    Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 344

                    Ate they doing rentals? I am kind of hoping that they don't. Not the best area and I could only imagine the upstanding citizens that would walk in and rent a gun.

                    Comment

                    • 2shotjoe
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 26707

                      can we use our own ammo and any restrictions?
                      Originally posted by Kestryll
                      ..you're kind of a sad excuse for an attorney...
                      Originally posted by Libertarian777
                      ...Don't pick either side....

                      Comment

                      • XVIga_Rob
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2012
                        • 2354

                        I miss shooting in Colfax too. I prefer to spend my money on gas and shoot in the NF or BLM. However, since it's close, I'll probably try it once.

                        Comment

                        • Carsgunsandchics
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 3537

                          They had a short little snippet on the news and they said it's $17.
                          Originally posted by fighterpilot562
                          I am more of a sucker than a blower...

                          Comment

                          • Mossy Man
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 7641

                            tagged.

                            can't wait for an indoor centerfire rifle range with late hours.

                            cordove is ok, but their hours suck for those who hold day jobs.

                            Comment

                            • Sir Stunna Lot
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 845

                              First look review!

                              Hi

                              Comment

                              • rainman8819
                                Member
                                • Jul 2005
                                • 306

                                Whoo hoo!

                                Just got back and I had a great time. The staff was very friendly and the place is very clean. Can't wait to go back. My only problem is I was a little stressed for time so I didn't get a chance to ask about membership options or check on the prices of their handguns and long guns. It did look like they had a nice selection though. Oh well, next time.

                                Stop by when you get a chance and Happy 4th of July!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1