Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rifles seized at his house.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Diablo
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2006
    • 1232

    The correct spelling is "Jenkem" and it's some good S**t!!!
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #32
      Shotgun Man
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2007
      • 4053

      "I could come to school and shoot students."

      That doesn't sound like a much of a threat-- inchoate and nonspecific. Why does the DA want to file on him as an adult? That's what you do to LA juvie gang bangers that are committing serious crimes. One advantage of going into the adult system is that he would have a jury trial to see if this statement even qualifies as a threat.

      Sounds like the kid should get some counseling.

      Does any one know what the weapons violation is?

      Comment

      • #33
        ldivinag
        In Memoriam
        • Oct 2005
        • 4858

        ummm...

        if his nickname is VIRGINIA TECH 2, how come this is only coming out NOW, as opposed to months ago?!?
        leo d.

        Comment

        • #34
          Can'thavenuthingood
          C3 Leader
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2005
          • 5251

          Update here.
          Apparently the guns were locked up. So now accessible has been defined.
          If you have guns locked up and have children in the house, those guns are accessible by the children.

          Vick
          ----------------------------------------------------------


          Teen accused of school threats faces psych evaluation

          By Charles McCarthy / The Fresno Bee
          11/09/07 11:23:27


          A Madera High School sophomore accused of threatening to shoot classmates will be held for a psychological evaluation, a judge ordered this morning. Madera County Juvenile Court Judge Thomas Bender ordered the 16-year-old to be held in Madera County Juvenile Hall. The teen has been in custody since he was arrested Tuesday after investigators found 15 rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in his house. Bender set Dec. 17 as the next court date. The teenager faces juvenile charges after allegedly saying during class last week that his nickname is "Virginia Tech 2" and that he could come to school and shoot students. This morning, he entered the juvenile equivalent of a not-guilty plea, said Cathryn Hicks, his attorney. The guns, which belonged to the boy's father, were locked up, Hicks said. Check fresnobee.com for updates and The Fresno Bee tomorrow for the full story.
          sigpic

          "Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

          Picnic Time

          Comment

          • #35
            dondo
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2006
            • 1887

            Originally posted by Can'thavenuthingood
            Update here.
            Apparently the guns were locked up. So now accessible has been defined.
            If you have guns locked up and have children in the house, those guns are accessible by the children.

            Vick
            ----------------------------------------------------------


            Teen accused of school threats faces psych evaluation

            By Charles McCarthy / The Fresno Bee
            11/09/07 11:23:27


            A Madera High School sophomore accused of threatening to shoot classmates will be held for a psychological evaluation, a judge ordered this morning. Madera County Juvenile Court Judge Thomas Bender ordered the 16-year-old to be held in Madera County Juvenile Hall. The teen has been in custody since he was arrested Tuesday after investigators found 15 rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in his house. Bender set Dec. 17 as the next court date. The teenager faces juvenile charges after allegedly saying during class last week that his nickname is "Virginia Tech 2" and that he could come to school and shoot students. This morning, he entered the juvenile equivalent of a not-guilty plea, said Cathryn Hicks, his attorney. The guns, which belonged to the boy's father, were locked up, Hicks said. Check fresnobee.com for updates and The Fresno Bee tomorrow for the full story.
            So does this mean they confiscated his Dad's guns even though they were under lock and key? So his dad's guns are thereby the boys guns as soon as he makes threatening statements? IF I am reading that right, that is pretty damn scary. Who knows, maybe he had access to them by knowing combos and such?

            Comment

            • #36
              dondo
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2006
              • 1887

              Originally posted by ldivinag
              ummm...

              if his nickname is VIRGINIA TECH 2, how come this is only coming out NOW, as opposed to months ago?!?
              In the article it stated that it was just LAST WEEK that he said his naickname was VIRGINA TECH 2. At least thats how I read it.

              Comment

              • #37
                sierratangofoxtrotunion
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2006
                • 4875

                **** man, if that kid didn't want to shoot somebody before, after the school district and the DA are finished with him he probably will.
                Originally posted by Rob454
                I would bang her till her insurance kicked in. I'll tear that up.
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                I need your help. Rush over here with shovels, half-naked girls and lots of beer!
                Originally posted by SVT_Fox
                im 26 and I feel like a creep trying to mack the 18 year old, i still do it, but I feel creepy.

                Comment

                • #38
                  M. Sage
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 19759

                  Originally posted by Crazed_SS
                  I dont consider it an empty threat when someone with a bunch of weapons says they're gonna hurt others.
                  Then I guess I've made credible threats against my co-workers ("quit being a dumb**** or I'm'a slap you.")... Quick. Call the cops.

                  Reading that article... how was he supposed to react to being called something stupid like that?

                  Man.. if I'd gone to school in this culture, I'd have gotten my butt locked up... not that I threatened to go on a shooting spree or anything like that, but... jeez.
                  Originally posted by Deadbolt
                  "We're here to take your land for your safety"

                  "My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"
                  sigpicNRA Member

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    dondo
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 1887

                    Originally posted by M. Sage
                    Then I guess I've made credible threats against my co-workers ("quit being a dumb**** or I'm'a slap you.")... Quick. Call the cops.

                    Reading that article... how was he supposed to react to being called something stupid like that?

                    Man.. if I'd gone to school in this culture, I'd have gotten my butt locked up... not that I threatened to go on a shooting spree or anything like that, but... jeez.
                    Its a different time and to tell you the truth I am sure that school districts are struggling on how to deal with the whole thing and are making it up as they go along. Im ony 37 but people didnt carry guns in high School. I went to a fairly gnarly school too. We had a lot of Mexicans and whites and some blacks. There were plenty of fights. But noone threatened to shoot up anything. We live in a different age and the consequence of not acting on a threat is both crippling in a liability sense and if it goes all the way in a loss of life. It seems to happen at least once a year so......go figure.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Clodbuster
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 1103

                      Took you up on your offer. Can you hear them a-comming? Since you belong to Calguns, you better believe they're sending in SWAT.

                      California must have passed the "verbal ASSUALTs==Felony if you are a gun owner" law the same time they banned toy guns.

                      Clod



                      Originally posted by M. Sage
                      Then I guess I've made credible threats against my co-workers ("quit being a dumb**** or I'm'a slap you.")... Quick. Call the cops.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Clodbuster
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2005
                        • 1103

                        I get nervous around people with guns who go by handles like "Crazed SS"...

                        Hope you are a Camaro fan, and not into swastikas...but easily interpreted either way.

                        Back in Salem, innocent people were crucified (and I mean that in the literally sense), by the words of children. Looks like history is repeating itself, and gun owners are the new witches.

                        Clod

                        Originally posted by Crazed_SS
                        He fits the profile of a nutjob because he threatened to shoot other students and according the article there, "has a propensity towards violence and has a fascination with death and serial killers"

                        You cant be too careful with stuff like this. Are you telling me that If you had a kid at that school and he/she told you that another student threatned to shoot the place up, you'd just ignore it?

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Crazed_SS
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2005
                          • 4114

                          Originally posted by M. Sage
                          Then I guess I've made credible threats against my co-workers ("quit being a dumb**** or I'm'a slap you.")... Quick. Call the cops.

                          Reading that article... how was he supposed to react to being called something stupid like that?

                          Man.. if I'd gone to school in this culture, I'd have gotten my butt locked up... not that I threatened to go on a shooting spree or anything like that, but... jeez.
                          Dont be coy.

                          If you were to make a threat against your co-workers lives, then yes.. someone should call the cops quick. I dont know how many posts I've read on this board about getting grabbing their .45s because their ex-gf's new meth-head bf made a threat.. But now since a supposed good kid made a threat, it's not a big deal?

                          I dont know about you guys, but I tend to err on the side of caution. If someone makes threatens to shoot me, Im not gonna sit around and try to examine a bunch of crap before I decide to take it seriously. I'm just gonna take it seriously and the rest can be sorted out later.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Crazed_SS
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 4114

                            Originally posted by Clodbuster
                            I get nervous around people with guns who go by handles like "Crazed SS"...

                            Hope you are a Camaro fan, and not into swastikas...but easily interpreted either way.

                            Back in Salem, innocent people were crucified (and I mean that in the literally sense), by the words of children. Looks like history is repeating itself, and gun owners are the new witches.

                            Clod

                            I've since switched vehicles..



                            Maybe I can ask the mods to change my screename to crazed_z06
                            Last edited by Crazed_SS; 11-10-2007, 3:40 AM.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              M. Sage
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jul 2006
                              • 19759

                              Originally posted by Crazed_SS
                              Dont be coy.

                              If you were to make a threat against your co-workers lives, then yes.. someone should call the cops quick. I dont know how many posts I've read on this board about getting grabbing their .45s because their ex-gf's new meth-head bf made a threat.. But now since a supposed good kid made a threat, it's not a big deal?

                              I dont know about you guys, but I tend to err on the side of caution. If someone makes threatens to shoot me, Im not gonna sit around and try to examine a bunch of crap before I decide to take it seriously. I'm just gonna take it seriously and the rest can be sorted out later.
                              All I have to say is:



                              Also, I'm more worried about an actual meth-head taking action. In that case, the police would tell you that they couldn't do anything... A teenager from the burbs... not so worried. This just smells like a knee-jerk reaction.

                              I'm happy to err on the side of caution, but when the police err too heavily on the side they've fallen on in this case, it can ruin innocent people's lives.
                              Originally posted by Deadbolt
                              "We're here to take your land for your safety"

                              "My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"
                              sigpicNRA Member

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Crazed_SS
                                Veteran Member
                                • Dec 2005
                                • 4114

                                The police are ruining people's lives? Where is the personal responsibility these days? How about the kid is ruining his own life by his own irresponsible actions?

                                It's pretty simple to me.. if you dont want police knocking on your door and confiscating the guns in your house, dont threaten to use those guns are aginst other people.

                                If you have kids and own guns, then you need to drill into their heads that firearms are serious business. Dont go to school bragging about them, threatening to use them, or fantasizing about hypothetical scenarios. Stuff like this isnt a joking matter or something to be taken lightly. Especially in light of recent events.

                                Maybe Im just a worry wort
                                Last edited by Crazed_SS; 11-10-2007, 11:13 AM.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1