Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

H&K submachine briefcase

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    JeffM
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 4359

    Originally posted by Turbinator
    Interesting - the law says that all of these criteria must be met.

    So - if you made a case that was designed to enclose a firearm; and had an external control to allow the discharge of said firearm;

    BUT - you marked the case with big white letters that said "GUN" or an outline of a gun on the outside, I wonder if that would help you fail subclause "C" in the above - and therefore make it legal?

    Turby
    or just cut a hole in the case where you would be able to access the trigger.

    Comment

    • #17
      JeffM
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2007
      • 4359

      Or design a firearm in the shape of a briefcase so that it IS the firearm.

      That might fall under the "zip" gun clause but I haven't looked at it in a while.

      Comment

      • #18
        ke6guj
        Moderator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Nov 2003
        • 23725

        Originally posted by JeffM
        Or design a firearm in the shape of a briefcase so that it IS the firearm.
        ATF would most likely consider that to be an AOW.

        That might fall under the "zip" gun clause but I haven't looked at it in a while.
        wouldn't matter, since at that point, you'd have a approved tax stamp for the AOW, and be exempt from 12020.
        Jack



        Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

        No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

        Comment

        • #19
          Saigon1965
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 17278

          I remember when these cases sold for about 700-800 bucks - About the price of the SP89 then -

          Comment

          • #20
            duc748bip
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 1081

            How about wrapping a hand gun in a towel? Camouflage a gun and suppressing the sound.....gasp

            Comment

            • #21
              gunsmithcats
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2005
              • 1382

              So, even if you had a legal sp89K registered as an AOW in cali, these briefcases are a no go?
              For Sale!!
              Glock 44 .22lr

              Comment

              • #22
                ke6guj
                Moderator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Nov 2003
                • 23725

                Originally posted by gunsmithcats
                So, even if you had a legal sp89K registered as an AOW in cali, these briefcases are a no go?
                unfortunately, since the briefcase is not itself a registered AOW, I think it is a no-go, unless you permanently made the firearm part of the briefcase.
                Jack



                Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                Comment

                • #23
                  stix213
                  AKA: Joe Censored
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 19002

                  hahaha looks completely legal

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Chaparral
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 1117

                    There's one on gunbroker right now for $1700.00.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      The War Wagon
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 10294

                      I've seen cases like that before...


                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        gunsmithcats
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 1382

                        Ok so I thought more carefull about this. What if I modified the claw mount that holds the firearm in the briefcase to be more "permanent"? Maybe pinning one of the levers in place so that it does not easily detach without some work. People pin their buttstocks in california with a rivet or something even like a screw to make them non collapsible to meet california definition. I don't have to worry about ATF/NFA standards since the mp5k would already be registered as an AOW so they could give a rats *** about whether the briefcase is attached permanently or not. My only concern is meeting california definitions about having the case as part of thefirearm (making it part of the aow)
                        For Sale!!
                        Glock 44 .22lr

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          helpme
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 669

                          Where do I place my order?

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            ke6guj
                            Moderator
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 23725

                            Originally posted by gunsmithcats
                            Ok so I thought more carefull about this. What if I modified the claw mount that holds the firearm in the briefcase to be more "permanent"? Maybe pinning one of the levers in place so that it does not easily detach without some work. People pin their buttstocks in california with a rivet or something even like a screw to make them non collapsible to meet california definition. I don't have to worry about ATF/NFA standards since the mp5k would already be registered as an AOW so they could give a rats *** about whether the briefcase is attached permanently or not. My only concern is meeting california definitions about having the case as part of thefirearm (making it part of the aow)
                            the easy answer is "I dunno".
                            Jack



                            Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                            No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1