Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Top Shot 2 has 4 CA natives!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • CWatson
    Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 286

    Originally posted by xrMike
    Joe didn't do well at all the previous week. If Red Team had not won their challenge, I'd say Joe probably would have been voted for the elimination match, based on performance.

    What episode was that? He seems to perform well in all the episodes I have watched and I don't think I missed any.



    CW

    Comment

    • Cokebottle
      Seņor Member
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2009
      • 32373

      Originally posted by Turo
      I was disappointed that Daryl went home this episode... No offense to you Jay, you have done exceedingly well in every elimination. BTW, how are all those Bass Pro Shops cards you racked up treating you? lol.
      I think by the time this season is over, Jay is going to own BassPro
      - Rich

      Originally posted by dantodd
      A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

      Comment

      • Cokebottle
        Seņor Member
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2009
        • 32373

        Originally posted by jonzer77
        He has the upper hand on the mental side it seems like.
        Ditto.
        His golf training... mind and body, he's rock solid under pressure... or is able to ignore the pressure.

        Still using "Cup and Saucer", which is horrible for follow-on shots, and he's still out-shooting guys with a "proper" grip and stance.

        Now that he's moved beyond "cup and saucer", he's probably an ace marksman.
        - Rich

        Originally posted by dantodd
        A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

        Comment

        • Gryff
          I need a LIFE!!
          • May 2006
          • 12693

          Originally posted by Cokebottle
          Still using "Cup and Saucer", which is horrible for follow-on shots
          Yeah, but it only really matters in high-speed shooting. Nothing that Jay has had to do (yet) really hinged on truly rapid fire engagements. Cup and saucer may be an obsolete style, but it doesn't hurt you that much for aimed fire. Jay was brilliant in refusing the advice of the experts.

          As for the latest "expert" saying that he would change his shooting style right before a big competition (in response to Jay's question), he's full of it.
          Last edited by Gryff; 03-30-2011, 10:10 PM.
          My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

          Comment

          • biloutkast
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 1550

            Congrats Jay Lin. I won't be surprised if you win this season.

            Comment

            • Cokebottle
              Seņor Member
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2009
              • 32373

              Originally posted by Gryff
              Yeah, but it only really matters in high-speed shooting. Nothing that Jay has had to do (yet) really hinged on truly rapid fire engagements.
              Could have kept the blue team out of elimination last night.
              Could have made his win in elimination more solid... that was way too close.

              There have been several team competitions and eliminations where faster follow-on shots would have made a difference in the outcome (but it obviously hasn't hurt Jay in the eliminations).
              Jay was brilliant in refusing the advice of the experts.
              Agreed.
              The experts try to get him to adjust his style every time, and every time he refuses. Last night was point-blank... "Would you change your method right before a competition?"
              Last time this came up, he was a bit less candid... "Teach me to shoot quickly and accurately with what I am doing"
              What he is doing is working for him.
              As for the latest "expert" saying that he would change his shooting style right before a big competition (in response to Jay's question), he's full of it.
              Big plus 10,000 on that one!
              - Rich

              Originally posted by dantodd
              A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

              Comment

              • harbinger007
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                • Jan 2009
                • 565

                Originally posted by xrMike
                By sleeper you mean, "guy with talent who does not appear to have any"?

                Joe didn't do well at all the previous week. If Red Team had not won their challenge, I'd say Joe probably would have been voted for the elimination match, based on performance.

                Unless you're talking about another episode, that's not right. Joe went 3 for 3 hitting the corn cob pipes and was a hero last week.

                Comment

                • nwoods
                  Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 175

                  Originally posted by harbinger007
                  Unless you're talking about another episode, that's not right. Joe went 3 for 3 hitting the corn cob pipes and was a hero last week.
                  I think he's referencing the tomahawk challenge. I think Joe hit a target in the wrong strategic spot. They won anyway, but it was very close due to the bad throw.

                  Comment

                  • tenpercentfirearms
                    Vendor/Retailer
                    • Apr 2005
                    • 13007

                    I am so tired of Jay. Someone eliminate him already.
                    www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

                    Comment

                    • Markus
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 1762

                      I do wonder if Jay is downplaying his abilities during the challenges and stepping up his game for the elimination? You know act weak when your strong sort of thing? TBH I feel that Jay has a good chance to win as long as he doesnt have to do a lot of transitions or anything that involves moving a whole lot.

                      Comment

                      • jtmkinsd
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 2352

                        I keep thinking to myself how Jay might have handled the zip-line chair they had last year in one elimination...but he keeps proving he can meet a challenge well. Keep up the carnage!
                        Originally posted by orangeglo
                        Welcome to failtown, population = you.

                        Comment

                        • tenpercentfirearms
                          Vendor/Retailer
                          • Apr 2005
                          • 13007

                          Originally posted by Markus
                          I do wonder if Jay is downplaying his abilities during the challenges and stepping up his game for the elimination? You know act weak when your strong sort of thing? TBH I feel that Jay has a good chance to win as long as he doesnt have to do a lot of transitions or anything that involves moving a whole lot.
                          We know they are going to have some tough challenges coming up from the preview shots. Dudes falling out of the sky while shooting a handgun. Shoot clay targets from the back of a moving truck.

                          Jay's days are numbered.
                          www.tenpercentfirearms.com was open from 2005 until 2018. I now own Westside Arms.

                          Comment

                          • medicdude
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2011
                            • 1034

                            Nice shooting Jay. You took out both of my favorites. (Jermaine then Daryl)
                            Keep up the good work. I've gained alot of respect for you thru the season.

                            Comment

                            • cannon
                              In Memoriam
                              • Aug 2008
                              • 8589

                              It would be Christmas in April if Jay eliminated George in a challenge.
                              ^^ Said by some lunatic on the internet

                              Comment

                              • xrMike
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 7841

                                Originally posted by CWatson
                                What episode was that? He seems to perform well in all the episodes I have watched and I don't think I missed any.
                                Originally posted by harbinger007
                                Unless you're talking about another episode, that's not right. Joe went 3 for 3 hitting the corn cob pipes and was a hero last week.
                                My bad! Sorry for the confusion.

                                I got Joe confused with George, the Air Force "sniper" guy. Joe is indeed a sleeper and a GREAT shot. I mentioned that in an earlier post, when he went 3 for 3 on the corn cobs. Those were HARD shots!

                                In that same challenge it was George who choked, if I remember right. I was referring to him (but got their names mixed up).

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1