Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

List of CA FFLs & their fee schedule

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Razgrizo
    Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 162

    Did anyone dealt with pawn shops? Is it a good or bad thing dealing with pawn shops when transfering stripped receivers?

    Elliot Sulter Pawn Shop does FFL transfer for $20 + $25 DROS (no tax from what I heard?) inn West Hollywood. Any experience?

    I wonder if it's worth the drive from Hawthorne to West Hollywood when Suchar Enterprise charges $60 (DROS, Dealer Fee) + tax.

    Comment

    • blackberg
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2006
      • 3061

      Originally posted by Razgrizo
      Did anyone dealt with pawn shops? Is it a good or bad thing dealing with pawn shops when transfering stripped receivers?

      Elliot Sulter Pawn Shop does FFL transfer for $20 + $25 DROS (no tax from what I heard?) inn West Hollywood. Any experience?

      I wonder if it's worth the drive from Hawthorne to West Hollywood when Suchar Enterprise charges $60 (DROS, Dealer Fee) + tax.
      Its "Elliot Salter" actually, has anyone used them before? they are so close to where I work
      -bb
      sigpicNRA Life Endowment Member - CRPA Member

      "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin, 1759


      Brand NEW Apple MacBooks and Mini for sale

      Comment

      • Razgrizo
        Member
        • Sep 2006
        • 162

        I just gave the guy a call. It seems he doesn't do business with customer wanting to transfer AR-15s or the stripped lowers with the exception of small firearms.

        Comment

        • viras
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 1853

          Unique Pawn Brokers, San Diego, CA



          (619) 294-3305

          Andy is the MAN! OLL friendly as of August 07 (that was the last time I FFL'ed with them).

          Comment

          • philthy209
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2007
            • 1797

            so none in san joaquin huh? I bought my OLL off a shop in the 209 area but the shop is not listed.

            Comment

            • hitman13
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2007
              • 3793

              Originally posted by Gator Monroe
              Olde West Gun & Loan (Redding Ca.) almost like being in Montana ! (Almost)
              OLL friendly. Siaga friendly. 60 bucks for transfer, 35 for each additional longarm on the same DROS

              Comment

              • Skter505
                Junior Member
                • Jul 2006
                • 61

                so does Tax just vary between dealers or what?? Ive heard some charge it, some don't. I don't see it any different than buying anything else online out of state, they shouldn't tax you, the DROS fee is tax enough. I think that might be a category added to the list tax or no tax. Depending on what your buying that is more significant than a $25 fee rather than $50.

                Comment

                • ghost
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 4626

                  went to roger`s relics today and lisa told me as of january 1,2008
                  long gun dros-$65.00
                  hand gun dros-$75.00

                  Comment

                  • Jicko
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 8774

                    Originally posted by DedEye
                    Can't believe Jim Maddux and Mad-Ox Firearms isn't listed yet. I guess it may be since the info is easily accessible to us?

                    Anyhow, here it is from his website:

                    In-State/Out-of-State: $25 DROS Fee + $40 Dealer Fee

                    * Each Additional Firearm on same DROS is an additional $20.

                    Does OLLs of course .
                    It is not on since no one care to sent me the info in the format that i wanted. I am not going to go around and try to dig out their info.
                    - LL
                    NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
                    sigpic

                    New to Calguns, check here first:
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

                    Comment

                    • Jicko
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 8774

                      Originally posted by 5968
                      I just spoke with Brian at Brightspot. It is $50 (that includes DROS) for the first rifle and 20 for each additional.
                      Isn't that what I have on my list?
                      - LL
                      NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
                      sigpic

                      New to Calguns, check here first:
                      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

                      Comment

                      • XXX
                        Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 304

                        Diego FFL

                        + 1 for Don Gussler. His fee $25.00 and the DOJ $25.00!

                        Comment

                        • oildale_redneck
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 18

                          Hi im new to calguns but im not new to firearms.

                          Does anybody here know if the FFL dealer "Get a Gun" in Bakersfield is legit? Im new in the Kern County area and want to find a dealer that is willing to do gun transfers and stumbled upon this guy. The deal seems too good to be true and IDK if this guy is 5-0?

                          Comment

                          • vinny_land
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 3374

                            Hey oildale_redneck,

                            "Get a Gun" (Rafa) sounds like a legit FFL even though i havent completed a transaction with the guy. Im building up my gun fund to purchase a Saiga right now and when im done, i'll try getting in touch with him.
                            "1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag"

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • Spelunker
                              Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • 458

                              Gunrunner in Duarte in now $75 for the fee plus $25 DROS.

                              Comment

                              • Black Majik
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 9695

                                Originally posted by Spelunker
                                Gunrunner in Duarte in now $75 for the fee plus $25 DROS.
                                Ouch!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1