Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

"Sell me your gun under the table"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    rockman
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2010
    • 1148

    Just tell him, there are rules to follow and you are not going to break them.
    LIFE IS SHORT,DEATH IS FOREVER,SO RELAX AND ENJOY THE RIDE!

    Comment

    • #32
      tacticalcity
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Aug 2006
      • 10929

      Originally posted by AIMSMALL
      just tell him "no thats against the law but we can do the transfer at XXX armory".
      When people say this stuff I assume they are an idiot, say no, but tell them that I will do it legally at XXX armory. I get this sort of thing all the time. Lots of uneducated people out there who think it is no big deal. But it is a HUGE deal. As in "do not pass go, go directly to jail" huge deal. I don't know about you, but I'm not risking my freedom and my right to own a gun...period!
      Last edited by tacticalcity; 11-29-2010, 7:03 AM.

      Comment

      • #33
        halifax
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 4440

        Originally posted by tacticalcity
        When people say this stuff I assume they are an idiot, say no, but tell them that I will do it legally at XXX armory. I get this sort of thing all the time. Lots of uneducated people out there who think it is no big deal. But it is a HUGE deal. As in "do not pass go, go directly to jail" huge deal. I don't know about you, but I'm not risking my freedom and my right to own a gun...period!
        Yep. It really surprises the snot out of me how many customers will ask me to do illegal things just because I'm supposed to be on their side against the gubment.
        Jim


        sigpic

        Comment

        • #34
          Subotai
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jun 2010
          • 11289

          This guy needs to be outed on the forum so no one falls for this.
          RKBA Clock: soap box, ballot box, jury box, cartridge box (Say When!)
          Free Vespuchia!

          Comment

          • #35
            WhatsTCP
            Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 384

            this guy obviously knew he was asking to do something illegal OP...it wasn't that he didn't know or wasn't sure, that's different and as a seller I wouldn't mind explaining or giving a refresher course on firearm transfers...but this....this is just out there. cut all ties, jump ship whatever
            Originally posted by chuckdc
            Sounds like you can use your friend to activate your bullet button.. since he is definitely a tool.
            Originally posted by Vanilla gorilla
            It is ok you don't need friends you have calguns

            Comment

            • #36
              sevensix2x51
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 3835

              I've had that happen before (not on cg), and I just say no, have to transfer at a gun store. I cite some random thing that sounds like what the actual law reads cuz I can't remember the actual wording, and if they want it, we go to the gun store.

              Comment

              • #37
                Rusty_Buckhorn
                Senior Member
                • May 2010
                • 1124

                amazes me how many of you think BATF is going to waste a sting on 1 long gun.... paranoid much?

                Comment

                • #38
                  halifax
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 4440

                  Originally posted by Rusty_Buckhorn
                  amazes me how many of you think BATF is going to waste a sting on 1 long gun.... paranoid much?
                  It wouldn't be the BATF. It would be the CA DOJ but that's not the point. It's a felony risk many aren't willing to take.
                  Jim


                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    sevensix2x51
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 3835

                    The point is that it is unlawful. Not whether or not you will get caught.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      NytWolf
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2010
                      • 3935

                      It's not just the laws regarding the sale that you should be worried about.

                      Without doing a proper DROS, the gun wouldn't be released from your registration and re-registered under him. If he does anything stupid with it, it is traceable back to you.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Table Rock Arms
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 812

                        Originally posted by Rusty_Buckhorn
                        amazes me how many of you think BATF is going to waste a sting on 1 long gun.... paranoid much?
                        This has nothing to do with ATF, however I know a guy who used to work for ATF and he could tell you stories all day about them setting someone up over the sale of one gun.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Deadbolt
                          CGSSA Associate
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 6552

                          ive been trying to get rid of a shotgun that needs work - I encountered a similar situation with an unnamed member, only the discussion took place via PM.

                          Needless to say - i still have the gun.
                          Just another Boy and His Dog.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            xrMike
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 7841

                            Should've told him: "Yeah, I can do that. But now the price of the gun just went up to $20,000, since you want me to break the law and risk jail time for you. You got that kind of scrilla, right bro?"

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              1911su16b870
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 7654

                              Originally posted by Rusty_Buckhorn
                              amazes me how many of you think BATF is going to waste a sting on 1 long gun.... paranoid much?
                              Don't know why, but one guy was taken away from this last weekends gunshow in handcuffs
                              "Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

                              NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
                              GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
                              Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
                              I instruct it if you shoot it.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                nick
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Aug 2008
                                • 19152

                                Originally posted by Dr Rockso
                                Assuming it wasn't a C&R the appropriate response is probably to PM his user name to a mod, assuming he's a member here. Not much that law enforcement can do in a situation like this, I'd reckon.

                                Also, while it's possible that he's a prohibited person, or just an idiot, it's also possible that he's just not really up on the law. I know an older guy who's owned guns in CA since he was a teenager in the '50s. I was discussing some gun stuff with him recently and I got the sense that he might vaguely know that it's illegal to transfer without a FFL, but for most of his life it wasn't and he's still operating in that mode (FYI he didn't do anything illegal, we were discussing someone else's situation).

                                I get the sense that a lot of older non-active gun owners are in a similar situation, sort of like most people vaguely know that replacing a water heater without pulling a permit is illegal but they just don't really take it seriously.
                                You have to get a permit to replace a boiler???
                                DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

                                DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1