Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why do you shoot on BLM land?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Napalm Bulldog
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 4266

    I make a day out of it and plan on doing a trip soon. I like it because you can shoot at your own pace. No unwanted range breaks etc. Plus to me it reminds me of when I use to go shooting as a child. Pure freedom no hassles. I usually get a group of friends together, bring a water cooler full of ice and water. Some food and lots of ammo. Only rule I use other than being safe and using good judgement is I always have my 45 loaded on my side. Just for the what if that can or may happen. Would'nt want to get robbed because I was out of ammo.

    Comment

    • #17
      xibunkrlilkidsx
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2008
      • 5419

      fire as much as i want how fast i want

      No range officers

      The people i shot with are all responsible so we dont worry abput our group. and have only had 1 encounter iwth an idiot who had a holleir than though aroura around him because he worked in a prision. apparently his camp wa the only allowed spot to shot clays. so we did it from about 1am to 3ish... couldnt hit **** at that time of night, but it was fun to shot my .308 into the Mt side just for extra umph.
      #1 rule. dont be a dick to us, and we wont be a dick to you.

      can always carry a gun on me.

      practice any drills i want.

      BBQ

      Poop in what ever bush i convienent.

      no police, only had one Border patrol drive by, just checking if any illegals were int he area looked at us, obviously all red necks, talked for a minute or so and just drove off.

      Oh ya. and plenty of beer when the day is done. typically camp out there.

      Originally posted by ScorpioVI
      I can shoot naked and not have some ******* call the cops on me.
      might have to do that one day. seems like it would be such a free experince. except for all the freaking dirt in the butt crack.
      Last edited by xibunkrlilkidsx; 03-22-2010, 1:48 PM.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
      PSN Id: FNChester
      Certified Welder-ANSI/AWS D1.2 1F/G, 2F/G, 3 F/G up to 1/2 plate aluminium GTAW. &
      D1.1 1F/G, 2F/G, 3F/G unlimited range, Steel SMAW
      I can make custom shooting targets and paracord accesories. PM me.

      Comment

      • #18
        Heavy_Grinder
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2006
        • 1533

        Why Do I like shooting on BLM land????

        Driving out to ridgecrest to shoot on BLM land was where I broke in my first OLL build. Pretty much pack as much ammo as you can, bring lots of water and something to munch on and blast away!

        BLM Land (Ridgecrest)...photo taken before target setup (although there was a nice O2 tank that was out there that served as a good plinking target)




        Last edited by Heavy_Grinder; 03-22-2010, 2:01 PM.

        Comment

        • #19
          ScorpioVI
          Member
          • Oct 2004
          • 364

          Originally posted by abulldog4me
          I always have my 45 loaded on my side. Just for the what if that can or may happen.

          Isn't this still in violation of state law? As in no "Loaded Open Carry"?

          Comment

          • #20
            Big Jake
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2009
            • 12509

            Originally posted by professionalcoyotehunter
            And you can drink afterwords for a 1/3 the price;
            And make yote jerky!
            "Life Is Hard. It's Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!

            "Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

            "The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

            "Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!

            Comment

            • #21
              Big Jake
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2009
              • 12509

              Originally posted by The Duke
              Actually, I worry that sometimes there is a higher chance of getting shot!

              I love the freedom of it - away from the overly regulated and fearful ranges... especially if you want to shoot something bigger than a 9mm or 22lr. What do I bring? A rake and trash can. It's all of our responsibility to keep these lands clean!
              I like your handle!
              "Life Is Hard. It's Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!

              "Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!

              "The Object of Life Is Not To Be On The Side Of The Majority, But To Escape Finding Oneself In The Ranks Of The Insane"-Marcus Aurelius!

              "Dr. Thomas Sowell Is A National Treasure"-Big Jake!

              Comment

              • #22
                msand951
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 735

                Well i went to B canyon in Hemet. To shoot my Wasr10. Some white supremicist yelled some remarks as they drove by. There were other shooters there in other parts of the canyon shooting ARs and such. But I got visited by the ranger 4 times and the fifth the sheriff which i believed was called on me. Almost got my rifle taken away nobody else got hassled. Guess the other shooters shooting 30 rd bump firing are lucky i guess. I usally like shooting in this area cause you can rapid fire, put multiple targets and shoot and stop when you want to. I took my dad for his bday to have a good time. But I might start going to a regular range. Where the rules apply to everyone.
                So if any you plan to go to b canyon And your a minority be carefull. Your not safe and your not welcomed.

                Comment

                • #23
                  SCMA-1
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 4292

                  Most reasons already stated above. I only go to a public outdoor range to sight in rifles and because it's convenient and closer than driving out to BFE, so in that instance I'll pay the range fee and put up with the undesirable population/rules/environment. The other instance I'll use a public outdoor range is for when I need a private range for training or matches. Otherwise, it's not my idea of fun.
                  sigpic

                  "Wherever I Walk,
                  Everyone Is a Little Bit Safer Because I Am There.

                  Wherever I Am,
                  Anyone In Need Has a Friend.

                  Whenever I Return Home,
                  Everyone Is Happy I Am There."
                  - "The Warrior Creed" ~ Robert L. Humphrey

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Vtec44
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 2237

                    I can dress in full cammo and nobody would make fun of me.
                    "When chosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." - Mae West

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Black Majik
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 9695

                      Originally posted by Vtec44
                      I can dress in full cammo and nobody would make fun of me.
                      That's cuz nobody would be able to see you.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Nodda Duma
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 3455

                        Originally posted by Heavy_Grinder
                        Why Do I like shooting on BLM land????

                        Driving out to ridgecrest to shoot on BLM land was where I broke in my first OLL build. Pretty much pack as much ammo as you can, bring lots of water and something to munch on and blast away!

                        BLM Land (Ridgecrest)...photo taken before target setup (although there was a nice O2 tank that was out there that served as a good plinking target)
                        Some of the local organized ranges *are* on BLM land. I shoot at them because they are 2 miles down the road from me.

                        Hey if you shoot out near Ridgecrest, you should know that the local ranges (some of which *are* on BLM land) cost you $25 - $50 per year membership, and offer benches, targets, etc., and it's about as crowded as it looks in your photos. Proceeds all go to improve the local ranges.

                        -Jason
                        Looking for photos for your wall?
                        Help feed my children by clicking here.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          jdogg2000
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 787

                          Originally posted by msand951
                          Well i went to B canyon in Hemet. To shoot my Wasr10. Some white supremicist yelled some remarks as they drove by. There were other shooters there in other parts of the canyon shooting ARs and such. But I got visited by the ranger 4 times and the fifth the sheriff which i believed was called on me. Almost got my rifle taken away nobody else got hassled. Guess the other shooters shooting 30 rd bump firing are lucky i guess. I usally like shooting in this area cause you can rapid fire, put multiple targets and shoot and stop when you want to. I took my dad for his bday to have a good time. But I might start going to a regular range. Where the rules apply to everyone.
                          So if any you plan to go to b canyon And your a minority be carefull. Your not safe and your not welcomed.
                          Damn, that sucks! I've never ever been approached by or have I even seen a LEO while shooting on BLM land. I guess I mostly go in Nevada where people still have some freedoms, but not up in the area above Barstow have I been hassled either.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            paul0660
                            In Memoriam
                            • Jul 2007
                            • 15669

                            I can dress in full cammo and nobody would make fun of me.
                            No one that you can hear.
                            *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              NapaCountyShooter
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 2417

                              No range fees, no RO's with an axe to grind, no timed firing breaks, and I can shoot steel cased ammo without being hassled.
                              Jonah

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Vtec44
                                Senior Member
                                • Jan 2009
                                • 2237

                                Originally posted by Black Majik
                                That's cuz nobody would be able to see you.
                                I guess the cammo does its job.

                                In all seriousness, it's just the feeling of being free in the middle of nowhere and away from everything/everyone.
                                "When chosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before." - Mae West

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1