Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Incident at Target Masters

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Gryff
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2006
    • 12692

    I thought that the staff probably called 911 after someone took a head shot at a target.
    My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

    Comment

    • #17
      Dubels
      Member
      • Dec 2009
      • 490

      I find it suspicious that the person who rented the gun with her was not there to be questioned by police. You'd have to know the person some what to rent a gun with them and to just leave so quickly after the "accident" happened makes it suspicious.
      IANYL. All post are made for my own personal entertainment purposes and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

      Comment

      • #18
        5150bronco
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 1603

        not good at all for them.

        Comment

        • #19
          pingpong
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2008
          • 5450

          People call me paranoid for wearing body armor when I go shooting.

          I generally don't wear one when I go to an outdoor rifle range (mostly because if someone ND's a rifle round into me, my vest won't do squat), but I make sure to don the vest whenever I go to a range that rents guns (like TM) because I'm scared of noobs with no safety training whatsoever renting guns.
          Originally posted by luchador768
          We also had a lot of wannabe gangsters putting the display pistols down thier pants to "try them on.". If you bought a display handgun from the Riverside Turners in the 1990's there's a greater than average chance that there is cholo crotch on it.

          Comment

          • #20
            Gryff
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2006
            • 12692

            Originally posted by pingpong
            People call me paranoid for wearing body armor when I go shooting.

            I generally don't wear one when I go to an outdoor rifle range (mostly because if someone ND's a rifle round into me, my vest won't do squat), but I make sure to don the vest whenever I go to a range that rents guns (like TM) because I'm scared of noobs with no safety training whatsoever renting guns.
            Didn't the owner of Bullseye take a round in the stomach while walking along the firing line behind the shooters a year or so ago? As I heard it, someone dropped their gun, then tried to catch it in mid-air. Hooked the trigger and caused it to go off while pointing up range.
            My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

            Comment

            • #21
              gwl
              • May 2007
              • 1328

              Originally posted by pingpong
              People call me paranoid for wearing body armor when I go shooting.

              I generally don't wear one when I go to an outdoor rifle range (mostly because if someone ND's a rifle round into me, my vest won't do squat), but I make sure to don the vest whenever I go to a range that rents guns (like TM) because I'm scared of noobs with no safety training whatsoever renting guns.


              I think I may start wearing body armor when I hit the range especially after some A-hole two lanes over to my left muzzle swept me, WITH a Condition One weapon and WITH his finger on the trigger while engaging in a BS conversation with his buddies.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #22
                paintballergb
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2009
                • 1642

                I have said many times.....even on this very forum that I want to buy body armor solely for use on the range.
                Insert something clever here.

                Comment

                • #23
                  hellraiser
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 2347

                  i almost went today too...

                  hope they diidint get hurt too bad. evry time im in there i look around at the diffrent bullet holes in strange places and wonder how the heck did some one do that?
                  I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice. --James "Logan" Howlett

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    pingpong
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 5450

                    Anyone have any updates on this? Didn't see it in the local news at all (thank god, otherwise the libs would want to shut down ranges even more).
                    Originally posted by luchador768
                    We also had a lot of wannabe gangsters putting the display pistols down thier pants to "try them on.". If you bought a display handgun from the Riverside Turners in the 1990's there's a greater than average chance that there is cholo crotch on it.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      PressCheck
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 1488

                      Originally posted by Gryff
                      I thought that the staff probably called 911 after someone took a head shot at a target.
                      They let me shoot from the holster AND make head shots.
                      Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

                      I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW!

                      Expect the Best, but prepare for the Worst.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        SuperSet
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 9048

                        Originally posted by paintballergb
                        I have said many times.....even on this very forum that I want to buy body armor solely for use on the range.
                        When a majority of shooters have to wear body armor at the range, you're going to have a tough time getting new shooters to join the sport.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Suhleen
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 1223

                          Originally posted by Dubels
                          I find it suspicious that the person who rented the gun with her was not there to be questioned by police. You'd have to know the person some what to rent a gun with them and to just leave so quickly after the "accident" happened makes it suspicious.
                          Probably on probation or something

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            WeekendWarrior
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 3536

                            Originally posted by Gryff
                            Didn't the owner of Bullseye take a round in the stomach while walking along the firing line behind the shooters a year or so ago? As I heard it, someone dropped their gun, then tried to catch it in mid-air. Hooked the trigger and caused it to go off while pointing up range.
                            Here is the write-up on the shooting at Bullseye where Bill was hit in the stomach by a 22lr bullet.
                            Man Accidently Shoots Gun Range Owner

                            Dec 11, 2007 12:03 pm US/Pacific

                            A man who was taking his 12-year-old son on his first trip to a shooting range accidentally shot and wounded the owner of the range.

                            The incident occurred Monday evening at the Bullseye Precision Indoor Shooting Range in San Rafael. Police say Joseph Moore, 49, accidentally fired a .22-caliber rental gun, hitting range owner Bill Byrd in the stomach.

                            Byrd was taken to Marin General Hospital and was listed in stable condition.

                            Police say Moore is not suspected of wrongdoing.
                            Last edited by WeekendWarrior; 02-01-2010, 3:00 PM.
                            sigpic
                            in the hands of
                            OH MY!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Gryff
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2006
                              • 12692

                              Originally posted by PressCheck
                              They let me shoot from the holster AND make head shots.
                              I'm not going to ask what you had to do to get that privilege.

                              I just know that those retards that work there think that everyone shoots as bad as they do, so the rules definitely cross the line into Stupid.
                              My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                pingpong
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Apr 2008
                                • 5450

                                Originally posted by Gryff
                                I just know that those retards that work there think that everyone shoots as bad as they do, so the rules definitely cross the line into Stupid.
                                TM attracts a lot of inexperienced shooters (because they rent handguns), and a lot of them do shoot really poorly. I don't know about you, but I really don't want someone unfamiliar with firearms drawing from the hip without some sort of training first. It's hard to weed out the piss poor shooters from the experienced ones, and with limited space inside the shooting area, it can be pretty dangerous.
                                Originally posted by luchador768
                                We also had a lot of wannabe gangsters putting the display pistols down thier pants to "try them on.". If you bought a display handgun from the Riverside Turners in the 1990's there's a greater than average chance that there is cholo crotch on it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1