Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hospitals?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    bambam8d1
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 1430

    The hospital I work at would trip balls over anyone besides LEO bringin a gun in... probably call a code on you. lock down the hospital and call the cops. You would pretty much be a terrorist. Our elevators and doors are all badge controlled so you have to go turn in your D.L. and they give you a badge that will only allow you to access the part of the hospital you are signed in to visit. Plus... the L&D and PP departments are pretty much on lockdown constantly anyways... those RNs up there are like damned badgers.... trust me... those ladies are mean... they will stop any threat way before you will be able to pull your gun. I dont even like going on to that department.. I dont know why they hate everyone else so much haha... they stare me down evertime I have to go there... why do they hate me? I was a baby once
    haha let me add.... in the wise words once said to me by SJgunguy in one of my posts..... "Calguns....always there to kick you when you're down"
    Last edited by bambam8d1; 01-11-2010, 9:00 PM.

    Comment

    • #47
      nick
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2008
      • 19152

      Originally posted by joepamjohn
      Ahhhh, no. That was my point.

      Now, you being paranoid? You said it, not me.
      The part about me being paranoid was sarcasm. Easily recognizable, or so I thought, as I used it in conjunction with the example of me having a more comprehensive than usual car insurance. Unless, of course, you consider that to be paranoid, as well.
      DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

      DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #48
        joepamjohn
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 2709

        Originally posted by nick
        The part about me being paranoid was sarcasm. Easily recognizable, or so I thought, as I used it in conjunction with the example of me having a more comprehensive than usual car insurance. Unless, of course, you consider that to be paranoid, as well.
        Sarcasm? Just the same as me saying "Honey I need to hold the Glock". You may want to consider more than $500K for your auto. That won't pay didly in a real accident that is your fault.
        "You can't handle the truth"

        Comment

        • #49
          MudCamper
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2007
          • 4605

          Originally posted by joepamjohn
          You have too much time on your hands??
          No. You missed the point, which was that a simple google search turns up endless stories about crime in hospitals, and maternity wards. And that it took no effort because it is so common. Yet many here believe that hospitals are magic crime-free zones where we should all obey the mommy state and disarm ourselves.

          And the side-note was that there's a lot more crime in hospitals in countries where they have draconian gun-control laws.

          Comment

          • #50
            Decoligny
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2008
            • 10615

            Originally posted by jverham
            This is untrue, do you have some statistics to back up your claim?
            Simple Common Sense.

            At your home, you control the access into your home. There are a limited number of people who normally, with your permission enter into your home.

            In a hospital, you have large numbers of strangers passing through the hallways. You have gangmembers visiting their homeys who are recovering from gunshot wounds. You have thieves, rapists, pedophiles, and every other lowlife sharing the same access to the hospital as everyone else does.

            The more people with access to a place, the less safe that place is.
            sigpic
            If you haven't seen it with your own eyes,
            or heard it with your own ears,
            don't make it up with your small mind,
            or spread it with your big mouth.

            Comment

            • #51
              Lancear15
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2008
              • 2629

              Everyone needs to relax on the paranoid talk. Some of us have much stronger "survival" or "self/family preservation" instincts than others, does that make us paranoid? Some of us take into consideration worst case scenarios and take small steps to prepare for them. Such as buying emergency food and medical supplies, or guns and ammo. Where do you draw the line between paranoid and prepared. I think if you live in fear of unlikely events you are paranoid. But, simply preparing for unlikely events (like having quick access to a firearm, knife, pepperspray, cell phone, cash, etc.) just makes you prepared.

              This guy is becoming a father, wanting to be fully prepared to defend his family against all threats is commendable. All of you who call others paranoid for taking small steps to prepare for bad situations, will not be calling them paranoid in a SHTF situation, you will be calling them for help.

              To address the OP, don't do it. Unfortunately we don't have the right, and cannot be trusted to defend ourselves in this state.
              Last edited by Lancear15; 01-12-2010, 9:36 AM.
              Absolute power corrupts absolutely, even on Calguns.
              NRA Life Member
              USPSA Member
              IDPA Member

              Comment

              • #52
                nick
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2008
                • 19152

                Originally posted by joepamjohn
                Sarcasm? Just the same as me saying "Honey I need to hold the Glock". You may want to consider more than $500K for your auto. That won't pay didly in a real accident that is your fault.
                Actually, it would. It's called full coverage. It would also cover quite a bit of liability.
                DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

                DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #53
                  spencerhut
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 1264

                  Originally posted by MudCamper
                  I think what this thread is demonstrating is how deep the anti-gun dogma can penetrate, even our own pro-gun psyches.
                  I agree. When asked why I carry in this or that situation I always reply the same, I can not and in point of fact have not chosen the time and place I will be required to defend my life, the time and place was chosen for me and it was a surprise I assure you.

                  Acknowledging and understanding that you do not choose the time and place when you must defend your life, changes your thinking. Call it paranoid, I call it being a prepared good citizen.

                  How does the saying go, "I'm not expecting trouble. If I was expecting trouble I'd have a shotgun"

                  You don't carry a concealed weapon because you expect trouble, you carry a concealed weapon because you do not know what may happen wherever you may be. You acknowledge there are bad people in the world, and they are in all manner of random places, not all in prison. They will surprise you, you must be ready if/when it happens. If you are lucky, it never will. If you are unlucky you may be in the body count on CNN one night. I have committed to ensure my family and I are never on the body count on CNN.
                  Last edited by spencerhut; 01-12-2010, 12:26 PM.
                  www.spencersfirearms.com
                  14402 Hwy 41, Madera 93636
                  Mon-Fri 10AM to 6PM
                  Sat 10AM to 5PM
                  559-822-4369
                  I am a US Marine, an active shooter, lifetime NRA, USPSA, ICORE & Calguns member and I own a gun store.
                  Living the Dream 24x7

                  Comment

                  • #54
                    WokMaster1
                    Part time Emperor
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Mar 2006
                    • 5436

                    OP, whatever it is, make sure your wife gets the epidural.:-)
                    "Good friends, good food & good wine. Anything else is just a waste of soy sauce.":)

                    Comment

                    • #55
                      OHOD
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 11047

                      Do what you want.
                      sigpic

                      INGSOC comes to America.
                      Sip your Victory Gin folks, time's are a changin'

                      Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
                      A time of innocence, A time of confidences
                      Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
                      Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you

                      Comment

                      • #56
                        Swatguy10_15
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 611

                        Wow..Thats an un-common question..Fair enuff tho..Theres absolutely no way a hospital room can be considered a domicile "castle"..Whatever..Its a hospital.Youre there for whatever purpose. Youre not renting or anything like that.Theres no lease agreement etc etc..
                        Paranoid vrs. prepared? Hmmm..Now thats a matter of opinion and as above people mall have theyre own..If you have a CCW, sure..Why not? The whole purpose of a CCW is CONCEALED..Thus, no one would ever know if you did it right. I would look more at the location of the hospital..Say tahoe forest, up in truckee..Nope..Nice quaint place.. No issues there..
                        Kaiser oakland..Yea bring a M249...Yes crime happens everywhere..Including hospitals unfortunately..My fav is when the gangbangers come to the ED to finsih the job.WOW! Talk about being pissed at someone!
                        However can every threat be mitigated with a firearm? My only issue with this is so many are so quick to jump to a firearm for problem solving.
                        Embrace the suck.

                        "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge" -Ronald Reagan speaking of the newhall incident in 1970.

                        Comment

                        • #57
                          Peter W Bush
                          Calguns Supreme Overlord
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 4727

                          One of the safest places to be is a labor and delivery unit of a hospital.
                          Will trade liquor/wine/beer for parts and accesories and ammo! PM me. Dont drink n shoot. Offer void where prohibited. Must be 21 or older, etc. etc.

                          Originally posted by TURBOELKY
                          Well, glad you got the kit anyways, I'm sure I'll fondle it a little in the near future..... oh God, that's going to be in somebody's signature....:D
                          Originally posted by TURBOELKY
                          put me in line, but if Peter W. Bush takes it, I need to be removed from his Signature line.......:D

                          Comment

                          • #58
                            joepamjohn
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 2709

                            Originally posted by Swatguy10_15
                            However can every threat be mitigated with a firearm? My only issue with this is so many are so quick to jump to a firearm for problem solving.


                            +1

                            It is as if, I've got them, and I am just looking for a reason to use them. It really seems like firearms are the first and only answer to so many here when it comes to any type of conflict.

                            I understand that everyone has their own reasons to carry or not to carry, but frankly I don't know what is more of a true hazard, the truely bad guys or the guys that just want to be "bad".
                            Last edited by joepamjohn; 01-12-2010, 6:19 PM.
                            "You can't handle the truth"

                            Comment

                            • #59
                              Donk310
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 1798

                              HAHA... Thats one hell of a question...
                              Last edited by Donk310; 01-15-2010, 12:28 AM.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #60
                                MudCamper
                                Veteran Member
                                • Mar 2007
                                • 4605

                                Originally posted by Peter W Bush
                                One of the safest places to be is a labor and delivery unit of a hospital.
                                For sake of argument, let's say that's true. Now, what about the walk from the dark corner of the parking lot at 2 AM in a bad part of town? Is that one of the safest places to be?

                                Originally posted by kamagong
                                Can the husband consider the wife's hospital room his domicile?
                                And back to the OP's original question. A domicile is in fact one's permanent place of residence, so no. But it could reasonably be argued that that room is in fact your temporary residence. However, when dealing with the extremely anti-gun CA LEO, DAs, and courts, I would not advise it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1