Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

@#$%^ Turner's

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    SNEAKS
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 1449

    Never go to the Reseda Turners. The workers are a joke. First it takes 20 min to get some help there and if you call them you are lucky if the gun dept. answers in 15-20 min. I was there once and overeheard one of the workers calling another location and chewing that worker out for putting him on hold for so long (5 min) because he could have been a customer. I could not help but laugh when I heard that. Another time I inquired about the upcoming sale on the Beretta 92fs factory blems they had last year and asked if they would have them in stock and was told that Turners will not be caring 92fs anymore. I told him that I was emailed the upcoming sale and they were clearly on there. Then he told me that I must have been confused. Two days later sure enough they had them in the counter. I also asked if they could get a gun for me and they said no because it was not on the Cali list. I did not believe him so when I went home I checked and sure enough it was on the list. The fishing department is great but the guns section is by far the worst I have been to. I have also emailed H.Q. a few times for no response so I started to email every day about a response and it took a few days to get a response and they acted like it was no big deal. I hate Turners but still have to go there sometimes for some fishing supplies.

    Comment

    • #77
      CALI-gula
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2006
      • 7215

      Originally posted by SNEAKS
      Never go to the Reseda Turners. The workers are a joke...
      Well, since you only have 3 posts, and you are discussing the Reseda Turners, I think I can credibly address the situation with a repeat of a post I previously installed in another thread, but deserves a re-post for fairness.

      I have had varying degrees of customer service levels with Turner's Reseda, which when looked at rom the outside, wee merely the required mechanics of solving a problem, but that could have easily been distorted out of reason if I took too much personally.

      But one particularly positive experience, vetted by both Bill Ortiz and Don B. (the manager at Reseda) made up for ANY less than satisfactory feelings I may have had about other incidents.

      The story in short; there was a problem with an inexpensive consignment rifle I purchased, in a way that the sale had to be canceled. I was really bummed as my DROS was already underway. There was nothing they could do as it had DOJ/ATF involvement preventing the sale (not because of anything I or Turner's had done wrong).

      So, I was asked by Don B. how they could make it up to me; he didn't say, "this is how we can make it up to you" - Don B. simply said, "What would you like us to do for you, because we feel bad about this".

      I said jokingly, "give me such-and-such gun at your cost, no profit, and you foot the cost on the DROS" and he did - he made a call, probably to Don Small or Bill, then put it through.

      They really gave me the factory purchase price because I checked it out - it was ridiculously low. It wasn't a display model or some return - it was brand new!! The price I got was multiple hundreds lower than even their advertised price on the gun WHEN ON SALE in their weekly ad specials which was already super low!! It was even hundreds of dollars lower than the lowest price I found online nationally or for any USED one online.

      I had been price-checking it for months, so when he stated what he would charge me, I already knew it was a steal. And it was a gun I was going to buy from them anyway, the next time they had it on sale!

      This was a moderately high-end gun, and the deal was so much more of a steal than the rifle issue. They could have easily said "tough-crap" on the rifle problem, it's not our fault (and it wasn't) instead, Don B. shocked me with some excellent customer service, one of the best offers I have ever gotten in 13 years from a retail dealer.

      Soooo, for every tale of disgruntlement, there is sure to be someone with a story of the extreme opposite. With simple politeness and courtesy on the customer's part, you would be surprised what dealers will do for you.


      .
      Last edited by CALI-gula; 02-01-2007, 7:09 PM.
      ------------------------

      Comment

      • #78
        ElKabong
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2007
        • 27

        I've been going to the Redondo Beach store for years, but haven't made a significant purchase since the sale (at least I heard the chain changed hands).

        Never really had a problem. A smart aleck manager who didn't understand California retailing laws and looked way to young to be managing a store (he wasn't there long) once. And one employee that liked to yell at customers. But that was about it. I ran into an employee from another store at the old Pomona show who had a chip on his shoulder the size of a Buick and mouth to match. But those clowns were the exceptions.

        I just keep in mind that Turner's is just a small chain so they have non-career employees and it's not the place for custom gear, special orders or to get advice or complicated info.

        Stick to the stuff they have in stock and when they do your paperwork, double check the S/N and other critical info. I just look at the lock as another tax. Most handguns are $400 and up, so another $10... Eh... what ever. Everyone knows someone that has some firearms and lacks safe storage. I usual offer spare locks to them because they can/should use them.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1