Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

@#$%^ Turner's

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Incitatus
    Banned
    • Nov 2006
    • 755

    Originally posted by xj4play
    Does the approved gun lock have to be from a licensed ffl? If not why dont you go to office depot, pick up a SO (sales order) book and write your own receipt for your approved lock? I m not a lawyer so i do not know the legality of this.
    As far as I know, the lock MUST be on the CADOJ list of approved handgun locking devices and the receipt MUST be dated within the last 30 days.
    You may also try the trick with the receipt book, but is it really worthed to break the law (bad as it is, nevertheless) for $6? I always believed if you must do an unlawful thing and risk being caught you do it for at least half a million dollars, not for petty cash.
    So yes, you can pick up your handgun with a cable lock you purchased somewhere else as long as you have the dated receipt and the lock is on the approved list.
    However, I don't believe it's worth burning a $2.50 gallon of gas and wasting 30-40 minutes of your time shopping for a $4 lock at Home Depot, then burn another gallon of gas to return it back - when you can get a lock for $6 at Turners and save all the trouble. It's like driving 30 miles to fill up at a gas station that sells gasoline for $.02 less than every other gas station in your neighborhood and compliment yourself you found a good deal. Makes no sense, at least for me.
    Last edited by Incitatus; 01-26-2007, 11:39 AM.

    Comment

    • #62
      El Barto
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 649

      Whenever I have bought at Turners, they always tell me something like "you can pick it up anytime after 6:30 pm on the 25th". So I will usually go on the next day, when I know it will be less busy.

      The only problem that I have had was when I bought my CZ-52. I went to the Norwalk store on the last day of a sale about 30 minutes before they closed. They only had the display so they had to order it from the warehouse. When I went in to pick it up, it hadn't been delivered. I called on the day it was supposed to have been delivered and it was there. When I went in to get it, they had touble finding my paperwork so it took me a little longer to pick it up. No big deal for me to wait the extra couple of minutes, since I got to browse a little more, but the manager gave me a $20 credit without me asking for any kind of compensation. I will go back and I have always been treated great there. I have been to 6 Turners, and I have never been ignored by the staff.

      I have had to wait a wait a while, but mostly that is because it takes forever to fill out the paperwork. What I hate having to wait because some guy in front of me wants to look at 20 different folding knives and he has an opinion on everyone.

      Comment

      • #63
        Incitatus
        Banned
        • Nov 2006
        • 755

        Originally posted by El Barto
        ....but the manager gave me a $20 credit without me asking for any kind of compensation. I will go back and I have always been treated great there. I have been to 6 Turners, and I have never been ignored by the staff.
        Are you working for Turners too?

        Comment

        • #64
          Maddog5150
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2006
          • 10526

          yeah, dont you know that saying positive things about turners or siding with them on an obvious matter of law means you work for them?
          Buy my EO Tech XPS3-0!!!

          For those nutjobs who like to use the word "gouge"
          Note: I did not write the above article.

          Any carpenters in Socal want a side project?

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #65
            Incitatus
            Banned
            • Nov 2006
            • 755

            Originally posted by Maddog5150
            yeah, dont you know that saying positive things about turners or siding with them on an obvious matter of law means you work for them?
            I'm just surprised considering his attitude they didn't kicked him out of the store.

            Comment

            • #66
              CALI-gula
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2006
              • 7215

              I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! I AM SO PISSED OFF!!

              I went to Turner's Pasadena yesterday, showing up while it was very busy, and within 5 minutes of my arrival no less than 2 sales people asked if I needed help. I was so angry by that time all I could say was "Thanks, but I think this gentleman and this lady behind me were both here first" and they helped them instead. What complete bullcrap!!

              Within 10 minutes, after they finished DROSing for 3 other customers, I was being shown the 2 handguns I would purchase, already starting the DROS on one, and completing lay-away paperwork on the other. All the paperwork was correct, and even noted my pick-up time to the minute. Both guns were not at the store except for displays, but there were plenty at their warehouse with serial numbers for both. The DROS had a transmission error with DOJ in swiping my ID, but worked fine on the second try - now I was REALLY mad!! He apologized for the delay, and I couldn't believe his attitude!

              I had to buy a lock for one of the guns, even though I have a safe. Since I knew of the Federal change there was little debate. I mentioned it was a bummer, but didn't get a chance to argue with the sales guy because he agreed it sucked balls too.

              Now, when I went to pay for the guns, the cashier was too damned friendly and capable, and she processed my sale without any mistakes. Things were only getting worse. She wished me to have a good weekend! What in the hell is up with that?

              I stayed and browsed a bit and yet ANOTHER sales guy asked if I needed help. I said I noticed a Nickel Model 29-2 came in for consignment while doing my paperwork, and would like to look at it. I was told the manager was logging it in and it would not be out for view until tomorrow, but I asked if possible I might be able to look at it before I leave, since I was there already. In less than a minute, he brought it out for me to view. So rude!! We had a good chat about the gun and discussed its good points, but it was rough, so I passed on it. What jerks!

              Later, I found a single box of Winchester 7.62 X 25 Tokarev on the shelf, their last box, which had no price on it. When I asked them how much it was, I had to wait for over 12 seconds for them to look up the price. Ridiculous!

              I left out of there so pissed off, that after I pick up these guns, I don't think I am ever going back. Seriously, I was really hoping to get the Turner's experience that everyone else seems to have had, and was quite miffed when I didn't. I don't feel like I am part of society now, that I was singled out and I'm the fringe. I am so disappointed - Turner's needs to put their attitude in check or else!!

              .
              Last edited by CALI-gula; 01-27-2007, 12:02 PM.
              ------------------------

              Comment

              • #67
                Diablo
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2006
                • 1232

                Originally posted by CALI-gula
                I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! I AM SO PISSED OFF!!

                I went to Turner's Pasadena yesterday, showing up while it was very busy, and within 5 minutes of my arrival no less than 2 sales people asked if I needed help. I was so angry by that time all I could say was "Thanks, but I think this gentleman and this lady behind me were both here first" and they helped them instead. What complete bullcrap!!

                Within 10 minutes, after they finished DROSing for 3 other customers, I was being shown the 2 handguns I would purchase, already starting the DROS on one, and completing lay-away paperwork on the other. All the paperwork was correct, and even noted my pick-up time to the minute. Both guns were not at the store except for displays, but there were plenty at their warehouse with serial numbers for both. The DROS had a transmission error with DOJ in swiping my ID, but worked fine on the second try - now I was REALLY mad!! He apologized for the delay, and I couldn't believe his attitude!

                I had to buy a lock for one of the guns, even though I have a safe. Since I knew of the Federal change there was little debate. I mentioned it was a bummer, but didn't get a chance to argue with the sales guy because he agreed it sucked balls too.

                Now, when I went to pay for the guns, the cashier was too damned friendly and capable, and she processed my sale without any mistakes. Things were only getting worse. She wished me to have a good weekend! What in the hell is up with that?

                I stayed and browsed a bit and yet ANOTHER sales guy asked if I needed help. I said I noticed a Nickel Model 29-2 came in for consignment while doing my paperwork, and would like to look at it. I was told the manager was logging it in and it would not be out for view until tomorrow, but I asked if possible I might be able to look at it before I leave, since I was there already. In less than a minute, he brought it out for me to view. So rude!! We had a good chat about the gun and discussed its good points, but it was rough, so I passed on it. What jerks!

                Later, I found a single box of Winchester 7.62 X 25 Tokarev on the shelf, their last box, which had no price on it. When I asked them how much it was, I had to wait for over 12 seconds for them to look up the price. Ridiculous!

                I left out of there so pissed off, that after I pick up these guns, I don't think I am ever going back. Seriously, I was really hoping to get the Turner's experience that everyone else seems to have had, and was quite miffed when I didn't. I don't feel like I am part of society now, that I was singled out and I'm the fringe. I am so disappointed - Turner's needs to put their attitude in check or else!!

                .
                Do you work for Turner's too??
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #68
                  Addax
                  Vendor/Retailer
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 4080

                  Originally posted by CALI-gula
                  I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! I AM SO PISSED OFF!!

                  I went to Turner's Pasadena yesterday, showing up while it was very busy, and within 5 minutes of my arrival no less than 2 sales people asked if I needed help. I was so angry by that time all I could say was "Thanks, but I think this gentleman and this lady behind me were both here first" and they helped them instead. What complete bullcrap!!

                  Within 10 minutes, after they finished DROSing for 3 other customers, I was being shown the 2 handguns I would purchase, already starting the DROS on one, and completing lay-away paperwork on the other. All the paperwork was correct, and even noted my pick-up time to the minute. Both guns were not at the store except for displays, but there were plenty at their warehouse with serial numbers for both. The DROS had a transmission error with DOJ in swiping my ID, but worked fine on the second try - now I was REALLY mad!! He apologized for the delay, and I couldn't believe his attitude!

                  I had to buy a lock for one of the guns, even though I have a safe. Since I knew of the Federal change there was little debate. I mentioned it was a bummer, but didn't get a chance to argue with the sales guy because he agreed it sucked balls too.

                  Now, when I went to pay for the guns, the cashier was too damned friendly and capable, and she processed my sale without any mistakes. Things were only getting worse. She wished me to have a good weekend! What in the hell is up with that?

                  I stayed and browsed a bit and yet ANOTHER sales guy asked if I needed help. I said I noticed a Nickel Model 29-2 came in for consignment while doing my paperwork, and would like to look at it. I was told the manager was logging it in and it would not be out for view until tomorrow, but I asked if possible I might be able to look at it before I leave, since I was there already. In less than a minute, he brought it out for me to view. So rude!! We had a good chat about the gun and discussed its good points, but it was rough, so I passed on it. What jerks!

                  Later, I found a single box of Winchester 7.62 X 25 Tokarev on the shelf, their last box, which had no price on it. When I asked them how much it was, I had to wait for over 12 seconds for them to look up the price. Ridiculous!

                  I left out of there so pissed off, that after I pick up these guns, I don't think I am ever going back. Seriously, I was really hoping to get the Turner's experience that everyone else seems to have had, and was quite miffed when I didn't. I don't feel like I am part of society now, that I was singled out and I'm the fringe. I am so disappointed - Turner's needs to put their attitude in check or else!!

                  .
                  Ha Ha Ha! That was good!

                  Next time don't walk into Turners waiving a wad of $100 bills around for the Sales People to see!

                  Then you will have the true Turners Experience of being treated like crap!
                  ADDAX TACTICAL
                  1431 Truman St.
                  Unit E
                  San Fernando, CA 91340

                  Email: sales@addaxtactical.com

                  Phone: (818) 361-5008

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    Maddog5150
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 10526

                    We should really E-mail the owner of Turners and complain! He should give out complementary tubes of Vagisil for us cal gunners!
                    Buy my EO Tech XPS3-0!!!

                    For those nutjobs who like to use the word "gouge"
                    Note: I did not write the above article.

                    Any carpenters in Socal want a side project?

                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      The SoCal Gunner
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2006
                      • 3319

                      I've had good experience with the Turners in Pasadena and the other in West Covina. I'm a young guy, 23 this year, and when I was buying guns the last year I got all the help I needed and I don't look like I have a lot of money. Of course I'm not disputing the service quality at other locations.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        Incitatus
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 755

                        Originally posted by lilxboi
                        I've had good experience with the Turners in Pasadena and the other in West Covina. I'm a young guy, 23 this year, and when I was buying guns the last year I got all the help I needed and I don't look like I have a lot of money. Of course I'm not disputing the service quality at other locations.

                        It's perfectly clear: you work for Turners too.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          T-Bear
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 647

                          Originally posted by Maddog5150
                          We should really E-mail the owner of Turners and complain! He should give out complementary tubes of Vagisil for us cal gunners!
                          I have done this in past with no results. I filed 3 complaints to HQ at turners. 2 were in Signal Hill, and the other was in Norwalk. I never got a reply back from any one. So since there HQ is in SO cal, I payed them a visit with copies of my emails in my hand.
                          The next week, I got a gift cert. for $25 bucks.
                          I then sent the money back to HQ, with a letter saying I would like a explanation on how I was treating and there poicly. Also said keep the money because I will never shop at there stores again.
                          That is the last I heard from them.

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            Maddog5150
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 10526

                            Originally posted by T-Bear
                            I have done this in past with no results. I filed 3 complaints to HQ at turners. 2 were in Signal Hill, and the other was in Norwalk. I never got a reply back from any one. So since there HQ is in SO cal, I payed them a visit with copies of my emails in my hand.
                            The next week, I got a gift cert. for $25 bucks.
                            I then sent the money back to HQ, with a letter saying I would like a explanation on how I was treating and there poicly. Also said keep the money because I will never shop at there stores again.
                            That is the last I heard from them.
                            wow! you asked for vagisil? I said that as a joke.
                            Buy my EO Tech XPS3-0!!!

                            For those nutjobs who like to use the word "gouge"
                            Note: I did not write the above article.

                            Any carpenters in Socal want a side project?

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              kimosabe
                              Junior Member
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 13

                              Originally posted by neomentat
                              I swore I was never going to shop at this store again, but against my better judgement I bought a revolver during their new year sales event.

                              First they made me wait at the counter for 2 hours on the 10th day after the waiting period because it was 2 hours ahead when "DROS" was activated to make it EXACTLY 10 days, to the second. And then they wouldn't take my safe affidavit and charged me for a lock, when I wanted to buy a pistol safe instead of the crappy chain lock they said I will have to call the CA DOJ and ask them if it was alright since they already punched in the type of lock sold with the gun on the DROS form.

                              I mean come on, what's the difference? after a long and tedious debate with the salesperson and the store manager (during which time they constantly reminded me they're just abiding by the law and I'm just **** out of luck) they finally agreed that they will let me buy the pistol safe and not pay for the chain lock. But surprise surprise, when I went to the counter to do the "exchange" they then tell me I will have to come back another day to return the chain lock they've already charged me and wouldn't even give me a credit on the safe I was trying to buy. So the next day I made the 20 mile drive back to the store to do the exchange, yup you guessed it, the manager tried to back out of the original agreement & after much more debate, he gave me a dirty look and finally let me do the exchange.

                              To make things worse, the revolver I bought was a display model, and 3 days later on my first trip to the range the firing pin broke. It could be manufacturing quality or perhaps it was dry fired alot while being on display, but either way I'm sure Turner's isn't going to do a damn thing to help me out in my situation.
                              If you are the man who bought a Rossi "snub nose" revolver at Turner's recently, I was next after you. The manager wanted you to leave the store WITH the proper lock due to the law. That man really gave the manager and the saleman a mean time arguing. Also that man came from China and should be thankful to be able to own guns here. Sometimes Turner's does need a kick in the butt due to inexperience and lack of product, however, not for following the law. We have lossed too many gunshops!!!! Thank you.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                Maddog5150
                                I need a LIFE!!
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 10526

                                wow he bought a rossi and complained about buying a lock? so you spend only about two hundred bucks on a gun and will whine for about eight or nine bucks? I know I know "its the principle" or whatever.
                                I bought a rossi once, they are made by taurus, and your damn lucky all it did was break the firing pin and not have something worse happen when it was in your hands.
                                Buy my EO Tech XPS3-0!!!

                                For those nutjobs who like to use the word "gouge"
                                Note: I did not write the above article.

                                Any carpenters in Socal want a side project?

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1