Hey everyone, I have a question about ar pistols in California. A buddy at work talked about wanting one so I figured I'd look around and help him find one. Prices on stripped lowers are in the $600-$800 range, am I missing something? Didn't it just use to be the cost of a lower plus the manufacturing fee?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
AR pistol
Collapse
X
-
Free market. -
Comment
-
If you are talking about an 80% build into a semi auto AR pistol, no you can't.
You would have to purchase a lower or complete pistol that is already DROS'd as a semi auto pistol via a PPT.
Also thru a family transfer from out of state. But the pistol must be made California legal before entering the state.Comment
-
-
Comment
-
Contact the FFL, he/she should have a copy.
Keep in mind, the DROS must have the handgun box checked along with the semi auto box. And if they are just lower receivers, the frame only box also.Comment
-
^^ Good luck with that if it was years ago.Comment
-
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,548
Posts: 25,148,974
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,901
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 20948 users online. 112 members and 20836 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment