go to the Oroville outdoor range. its free and you can bring and shoot your own steel. no range officers, a few tables and bathrooms. shoot as slow or fast as you like. they are closed the 3rd Thursday of every month for clean up
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Where to shoot in NorCal off-range?
Collapse
X
-
There is BLM land in Jamestown (top of French flat rd)and angels camp (camp 9)Ephesians 6:10Comment
-
Oroville and Spenceville do NOT allow steel targets. It is rarely enforced, but there have been citations issued at both for shooting other than paper and clay targets, which are all that they allow.
And, according to user "nine mil thrill", they arrest people for lead bullets. (He was lying, but it's a classic hilarious thread. The arrests were for methamphetamines, which he conveniently left out.)
Last edited by Spyder; 08-04-2018, 8:07 AM.Comment
-
(emphasis mine)
This reminds me of one of my favorite memories from college. It was a math class and a student asked the profession if they could complete a problem in a certain way, to which the profession answered, "Sure. If you want to get it wrong."
You can bring your own steel to Oroville... if you want to risk getting a citation.
There are plenty signs there that say "paper and clay targets only." Just sayin."Far and away the best prize life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing." - Theodore Roosevelt
Originally posted by rmorris7556They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.Comment
-
Would Oroville allow "fun" targets, like watermelon or pumpkins?
@CMBrowning thanks for the tip, I'll look into Jamestown tooComment
-
-
Like good tasting food? Got land? Want to make better use of your resources? Concerned about land stewardship? Hire me:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...80#post6974980
Handguns are a skill; shotguns an art; rifles a science.
What color is your Kool-aid?Comment
-
Just a bit of clarification...There is BLM land in Jamestown (top of French flat rd)and angels camp (camp 9)
The BLM site on French Flat Road is in a high fire hazard area. I do not believe it is currently closed, but it will be very hot there. I also hear that it is pretty trashed, and BLM is scrutinizing pretty closely.
The site near Angels Camp is actually on Camp Nine Road out of Vallecito. It is an old quarry facility. I do not know if it is private property. According to some local folks, it is also pretty trashed. Camp Nine Road is very narrow and twisty--attention required unless you want a fast trip to the bottom of he canyon.
-p? "If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper."
Comment
-
Just a bit of clarification...
The BLM site on French Flat Road is in a high fire hazard area. I do not believe it is currently closed, but it will be very hot there. I also hear that it is pretty trashed, and BLM is scrutinizing pretty closely.
The site near Angels Camp is actually on Camp Nine Road out of Vallecito. It is an old quarry facility. I do not know if it is private property. According to some local folks, it is also pretty trashed. Camp Nine Road is very narrow and twisty--attention required unless you want a fast trip to the bottom of he canyon.
-p
Comment
-
FUD No glass or porcelain:
Comment
-
you should take a pic of the signs right at the firing line. They ALL say clay and paper targets ONLY. I shoot there quite a bit and can say without fear of spreading fud I have seen citations written for shooting steel. I have seen pumpkins get shot up out there as well as watermelons. I doubt anyone would site for that but think about this, once they start growing out there that creates stuff that will burn when it dies off. just a thought.Comment
-
Nothing will hardly grow there, that land has more lead and heavy metals than Fukushima's vaultsyou should take a pic of the signs right at the firing line. They ALL say clay and paper targets ONLY. I shoot there quite a bit and can say without fear of spreading fud I have seen citations written for shooting steel. I have seen pumpkins get shot up out there as well as watermelons. I doubt anyone would site for that but think about this, once they start growing out there that creates stuff that will burn when it dies off. just a thought.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TapatalkLast edited by Tenamaxtle; 08-28-2018, 5:53 AM.Like good tasting food? Got land? Want to make better use of your resources? Concerned about land stewardship? Hire me:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...80#post6974980
Handguns are a skill; shotguns an art; rifles a science.
What color is your Kool-aid?Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,136
Posts: 25,144,741
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,510
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 39962 users online. 135 members and 39827 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment